This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCAM WARNING - Google Work from Home

I just noticed two charges on my wife's bank card towards an entity called "POWERSALE 877-244-1121".

She had two charges for $72.21 and "international transfer fees" of about $2.21 for each charge.

Take a look at your bank accounts.

It seems like a Google Work from Home scam.

There was also another charge the other day:

Grant Masters 800-926-0273

For $38.34

The amounts seem pretty consistent with the other complaints.

My wife has canceled the card and is getting a new one.
    Last edited by Boozy; 06-21-2009, 02:37 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

May I be an idiot and ask, do you get it from just ordering stuff online or from using Google?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Is there such a thing as a work from home non-scam?

Comment

Some are non-scams out there but you have to devout a lot of time and energy for very little reward. I'm talking mostly of the miniture making items.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          Some are non-scams out there but you have to devout a lot of time and energy for very little reward. I'm talking mostly of the miniture making items.
          Yep. I'm on a few survey sites that are legit the only problem is that you need to do DOZENS of surveys before you even get a "$5 off an order of $75 or more at XYZ merchant". I did these surveys for months, as many as I could, only to earn $10 over those months.

If it seems to good to be true, it either is or is a scam.

Do tons of research before you even sign up with any of these companies.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

There are some work from home things that aren't a scam and you can make good money from them. However most don't advertise as work from home jobs because they don't want to be deemed as a scam job.

One of the news channels did a story on some a couple of months back. Most are more or less telecommute jobs. Order takers, live help on the web, etc. Where you need a dedicated phone line, or net access and when you "clock" in things get sent directly to you.

However there's really not an unlimited amount of these jobs floating around out there.
            "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

Comment

Working...
            X