PDA

View Full Version : This is beyond tiresome, it's getting CREEPY

Dragon_Dreamer
03-22-2009, 04:28 AM
It happened AGAIN today.

I bent down to pick up a printer in the box to show a customer. He said, "Oh, don't pick that up! You're pregnant!"

... Nope, STILL not, and the boyfriend's STILL living out of state. :P

When I told him, he said, "Well, let's make sure it stays that way, hrm?"

This is what, the eighth or nineth time in a YEAR? it's getting to the CREEPY point -.-

I'm SKINNY. Big boobed, but SKINNY. -.-

:cry:

Melicious Motormouth
03-22-2009, 04:34 AM
It happened AGAIN today.

I bent down to pick up a printer in the box to show a customer. He said, "Oh, don't pick that up! You're pregnant!"

... Nope, STILL not, and the boyfriend's STILL living out of state. :P

Ew.

What concern is it of his, anyway? Who does he think he is, your father?

You did NOT owe this asswipe an explanation. :mad:

fireheart
03-22-2009, 07:42 AM
Ew.

What concern is it of his, anyway? Who does he think he is, your father?

You did NOT owe this asswipe an explanation. :mad:

And for that matter, it's just plain sexist. I often attempt to surprise the male customers by lifting the heavy boxes of milk over. SOP at work for the checkout staff, regardless of age, is not to lift anything over about 12kg. We sell 18, 24 and 30 packs of cans of soft drink. 18's we can lift on occasion, 24 depends on the person, but 30's we never lift. They get a little surprised when I lift them, but when I do give my explanation, they seem to shut up. It's not that I can't-because I can-but we're not allowed to. :D

RecoveringKinkoid
03-22-2009, 02:14 PM
I would have to tell that guy I didn't appreciate his innappropriate commentary.

No, you didn't owe him an explanation. It's not his business.

And his taking that as an invitation to make a second out of line comment was beyond the pale.

jerkface11
03-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Big boobed

It's considered bad form to make unsubstantiated claims.

Bramblerose
03-22-2009, 03:03 PM
It happened AGAIN today.

What kind of thingis THAT to say? I mean. really!

BlaqueKatt
03-22-2009, 06:13 PM
he said, "Well, let's make sure it stays that way, hrm?"

See me being evil would've just said "I'm not pregnant" no explanation if he had made the above comment-I would have either:

A)burst into fake tears saying "but we've been trying for years, and spent all this money on treatments!"

or B)gotten all overly bubbly and said "well of course, my partner and I have decided she'll make a better mommy than me!"

either one will teach them to MYOB

rose_metal_nz
03-22-2009, 08:07 PM
See me being evil would've just said "I'm not pregnant" no explanation if he had made the above comment-I would have either:

A)burst into fake tears saying "but we've been trying for years, and spent all this money on treatments!"

or B)gotten all overly bubbly and said "well of course, my partner and I have decided she'll make a better mommy than me!"

:D I *love* this. Before I lost a bunch a weight, the (horrible) women round work would often make snarky comments about how I looked pregnant, and I never could think up a good come-back in time.
Honestly, the things people seem to think it's alrighto to say *shakes head*

BookstoreEscapee
03-22-2009, 09:49 PM

I was thinking along the lines of A, myself :devil:

But I like B, too... :D

Dragon_Dreamer
03-23-2009, 02:17 AM
It's considered bad form to make unsubstantiated claims.

... Trust me, I can provide pics. They're well above average. I'd ask the mods before posting the exact cup size, on second thought.

http://sandwich.net/cygnata/photos <- those *under* estimate my size, on purpose. By quite a bit. I don't put myself in a position to be photographed in such a way that the size is obvious. No profile shots, for one.

KorporateKitty
03-23-2009, 03:29 AM
Uncalled for...yea it is creepy!

As far as being able to lift heavy objects, I fail miserably. Nothing to do w/gender or size though, I'm just plain ol' weak! I have pretty good stamina though, even with little food or sleep.

RecoveringKinkoid
03-23-2009, 04:56 AM
:D I *love* this. Before I lost a bunch a weight, the (horrible) women round work would often make snarky comments about how I looked pregnant, and I never could think up a good come-back in time.

:eek:

How about something along the lines of "I beg your fucking pardon?"

That's a good old chestnut that I bet would work.

I don't know what's wrong with people, either.

Dragon_Dreamer
03-23-2009, 05:26 AM
I'll just be happy if this STOPS. I'm NOT fat, I've been losing fat and gaining muscle. It's at the point where coworkers and even my parents are making snarky comments about how "they must be trying to tell me something."

:( :cry:

RootedPhoenix
03-23-2009, 06:11 AM
What. the. flip. is WRONG with them? Even if they know you, they have no right to insult you like that!

For them: :salmon: A whole shipload ought to do. :mad: Grr. :rant:

*offers you hugs, comfort, and chocolate*

Jester
03-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Alternatively, you could find humor in this.

Not that these taffy-brained yoyo's think you are pregnant, per se, but the ridiculousness of it all.

So the next time one of these monkey masturbators lets out with his thoughts on your impending motherhood, just look at him......and laugh. Like it's the most ridiculous thing in the world.

Because, apparently, it really is. :lol:

Dragon_Dreamer
03-23-2009, 05:28 PM
It was easy to find the humor the first few times. After the eighth or 9th time from different people every time, the joke's no longer funny...

sirwired
03-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Huh? I'm a shit-for-brains geek, and even I know that you never, ever, assume a woman is pregnant. Period. End of story. Even if you think she is going to pop any second now. It's just begging for the opportunity to be wrong, and get the Glare Of Death (tm).

Asking a woman when she's due is about as smart as trying to guess her age. It is a lose-lose situation.

SirWired

Fire_on_High
03-24-2009, 01:37 AM
Only when the head is in sight, Sir. :-)

Tutorgal
03-24-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm SKINNY. Big boobed, but SKINNY. -.-

:cry:

That's happened to me too a few times. Erm, I'm not big boobed at all. But I do have a really flat stomach (that took a hell of a lot of effort to get). And even when wearing figure fitting clothes, I've been asked when I'm due.

Cause I know the first thing I always think when I see a woman with very tiny boobs and a very flat stomach is, woah, she has to be pregnant! :rolleyes:

I just assume that a certain segment of the population is incredibly stupid AND lacks a mental filter.

Haven't had any follow up comments like you got. Thank goodness, that really is icky.

blas
03-24-2009, 02:36 AM
To the OP, let me make a very experienced and educated guess....the asshole in question was no Brad Pitt himself. I'm guessing he was one of those very underweight awkward dorks who just can never seem to find the right way to talk to a girl.......OR (this is usually the most common scenario) he was a porky little Danny Devito clone with a "No fat chicks!" mentality that feels he's just Teh Sexy and it's his God given right to cut down on every woman that he feels isn't a 10.

Dragon_Dreamer
03-24-2009, 02:55 AM
You'd be right on the first count. This is the first time a man's said anything, usually it's women. :(

blas
03-24-2009, 02:57 AM
That's because a lot of women are catty bitches. I spent the first year of my tenure at my factory known as the girl with the built-in bra. Because I'm one of the only women at my work that doesn't have breasts down to her belly button, they must be fake ;)

Just consider who is telling you these awful things. They probably aren't perfect or very secure with themselves, which is why they still need to cut others down to make themselves feel better.

Ironclad Alibi
03-24-2009, 03:50 AM
I have also encountered this problem, even though I'm a guy. One old biddy told me that if my stomach was on a woman, she would swear she was pregnant. I replied, "Ma'am, it was, and she is." :rimshot:

RecoveringKinkoid
03-24-2009, 06:06 AM
That, sir, is an AMAZING comeback. :lol:

Dragon_Dreamer
03-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Yes, yes it is!:lol: