PDA

View Full Version : so i have an idea....


Pages : 1 [2] 3

Eric the Grey
10-29-2009, 10:47 PM
A very large nose, attached to a burly male dwarf pushes himself up to his feet and takes a look around, noticing in an off-hand manner that he is completely unclothed. His beard is long enough to cover his lower extremities, were it not for it being twined into two braids.

Glancing around at the remaining occupants of the room, and then at the tube in his hand, he appears to sum everything up in a quick glance and starts to turn his attention to the tables when another occupant asks:

"Can anyone remember anything?"

He begins to say something and then stops, looks again at the tube quizzically, and then replies; "No, I don't." eyeing the individual who just picked up a spear and shield. Keeping a one of the tables between them, he cautiously eyes the contents of the table.


OOC: Just a request, can you guys let everybody know which character you're playing? :D It would help the interaction.

Also, I didn't get a note on what the tables contain. Can we get that info as well?


:cool: Eric the Grey
Yup, I'm keepin the nose. :D

Sarlon
10-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Nurian: human Male

Draggar: Male Elf

Eric the grey: Dwarf male

Kheldarson: Half Elf Female

Junior Mintz: Female Elf

Hinakiba77: Human Female (should be making a post here later, but she will be waking up screaming at the top of her lungs for a few seconds...I'll let her take it from there)

rest of the dozen or so tables are empty save for the ones that you guys are on.

Nurian
10-29-2009, 11:01 PM
DESC: A rather unremarkable human male. Medium build, long brown hair, about 5'11". Brown Eyes

OOC: Sorry about that!

Sarlon
10-30-2009, 12:39 AM
quick DM note to all players...

NONE of you recognize each other....not even remotely in passing...

Eric the Grey
10-30-2009, 01:21 AM
quick DM note to all players...

NONE of you recognize each other....not even remotely in passing...

Not terribly surprising, considering I don't even remember my own name. :p

Description: He's a dwarf. Short, stocky, broad-shoulders, and fairly muscular. A long black beard with two braids that appear in need of re-braiding. Shoulder length hair of a a similar shade, and probably the biggest nose you've ever seen.

Is there anything on the tables with us?


:cool: Eric the grey

Kheldarson
10-30-2009, 01:32 AM
She wakes up slowly, trying to shake off the remnants of the strange dream she had as she hears voices. Upon waking however, her first reaction is to curl up, trying to cover the fact she is without clothing--nevermind nobody else has any either.

hinakiba777
10-30-2009, 05:17 AM
Description= Full Human Female. Strawberry Blond hair only a little too short to cover her breasts. Pale grey eyes. Heavily freckling over her cheek, nose, and shoulders. Other lighter freckling. 5'7" Athletic build, but a little curvy.

IC:

The scream ripped from my throat so fiercely that my throat stung. The dream had been so vivid, so real. I thought of Diallo. His face flickering in my mind, vague in the way a friend's face could be at times. I knew I'd recognize him if i saw him, but I just couldn't form a mental image. Which was odd. I could remember feelings and scents in the dream, but couldn't form Diallo's face. I could still feel the cold stone.

I squeezed my eyes tight and tried to shake away the dream, but the coldness persisted. Feeling a breeze, I reached over to pull my blankets back on. My hand landed on the hilt of a daggar. I turned my head, and looked over. On the slab next to me sat a daggar and a shield. I ran a hand over them, feeling an odd pulse. They looked just like the items Diallo described in my dream. No, not a dream. It was real. I had to be.

I tried to think back, to remember anything other than "the dream". It was like being midhill in the morning fog. Where I was was clear, but everything else was shrouded. The harder I tried to focus on it, the more difficult it became. I sat up slowly, aware of my nakedness. Briefly I became conscious of the other people in the room. I crossed my legs. Sitting the shield up in my lap, I leaned over and hugged it to my chest. It wasn't much cover, but it was enough.

"Diallo."

His name fell from my lips in a whisper. I was so lost, and confused. But I knew if I could find him I could go home. I didn't even know what home was, but I knew I was right. I knew Diallo was the key to getting home, the way a person knows to breathe. It was innate.

I would have to find clothes and get my bearings before I could set out. But first, I needed to remember....something. I looked around the room again, my eyes landing on each person before I returned to my thoughts.

draggar
10-30-2009, 09:17 AM
(The scream startles me as a quickly look over to hinak's character). Wow, now I am awake. I guess she rememebrs something, or wants to be here less than the rest of us. (I take thesickle)

I don't remember anything except something about gathering mushrooms. (Glances over to the sickle) but I don't feel like a farmer, something isn't right.Can anyone see any clothes? Or food?

I knew I shouldn't have skipped breakfast.

Eric the Grey
10-30-2009, 11:43 AM
The scream from the human girl brings the dwarf around in a start. He watches as she too scans the area for something she appears to have lost.

Scanning the faces around him he realizes that the others all seem to be in the same situation he is. Lost in an unknown location with no apparent guidance. He is, however armed with the knowledge of why he is here. Perhaps these others are here for the same reason. Those few with weapons no longer seem to be a threat.

He raises his voice enough to make it heard by all, much as he feels he has done many times before.

"We all seem to be in similar straits here. Perhaps a bit of prayer will reveal an answer, and if we all partake earnestly, together we may be strong enough to reach an answer."

With that, he kneels down, his hand grasping briefly at his chest for something no longer there before dropping to rest on his knee.



:cool: Eric the Grey

Kheldarson
10-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Quick desc for my character: Slim female, looks human, but closer observation would reveal the fact she's also of elfin blood. Hides her features with her long auburn hair. Green eyes.

The scream startles her, causing her to almost jump off the table. She glances around as the elf and the dwarf speak, then volunteers quietly, "I don't remember anything. Just the strangest dream..."

hinakiba777
10-30-2009, 06:29 PM
I turn to the dwarf as he suggests we pray. It seems a good suggestion, but I don't know who or what I'd direct it at. Instead I focus myself on the girl who just spoke

"I don't remember anything. Just the strangest dream..."

"If the dwarf is right, then I don't think you were dreaming. I'm positive I wasn't."

I shook my head, hoping to disturb some of the cobwebs. But this does not work.

"Did anyone else have a....dream?"

There is some venom in that word. It's hard to be sweet when you're cold, naked, and hungry. Plus this amnesia is getting pretty damn frustrating.

Eric the Grey
10-31-2009, 10:07 AM
"Did anyone else have a....dream?"

There is some venom in that word. It's hard to be sweet when you're cold, naked, and hungry. Plus this amnesia is getting pretty damn frustrating.

There is a brief pause before the dwarf responds. When he does, his forehead is wrinkled in concentration, as if trying desperately to remember....

"I don't think I dreamed, at least I do not remember doing so. I did wake with some knowledge as to why I'm here." He glances around at the rest. "It is my hope that you are here for similar reasons and that we are here for the same purpose."

"This place is far from my home. Far enough that I cannot feel the presence of my God..." he pauses briefly, and then; "Goddess?" he pauses again, as if feeling the word to see if it fit. "Goddess!" he finally says nodding, but not altogether convincingly. "I cannot feel her presence, nor can I communicate with her. This land is blighted, and my memories tell me I'm here to do something about that."

He holds up the tube he is carrying. "This is the tool I've been given to accomplish my task. It is, I suppose the only link to my goddess and it will be my only source of spells for the time being."


:cool: Eric the Grey

*trying to move things along a bit...* :)

draggar
10-31-2009, 03:41 PM
<- Is a male elf, slightly overweight and about average attractiveness with blode hair about shoulder length (why does everyone have to be a body builder or super-model in RPGs?). One odd characteristic of him is that his eyes appear to have no iris - just a large, deep-black pupil.

I don't remember much, something about harvesting fungi and helping a druid restore the balance of likfe (whatever that is). I think this (looks over to the sickle) has something to do with it.

(edit incoming pending DM's response to a PM).

Kheldarson
10-31-2009, 05:03 PM
"I was told that some person named Lendyllyn was taking power and we have to stop him. And we can't kill any Formorians. Or we're stuck here." She blushes at saying this much.

draggar
10-31-2009, 05:39 PM
"What's a Formorian? Are they the people who live here, an animal, a spirit?"

hinakiba777
10-31-2009, 06:03 PM
OOC= Atheletic build fits my character type. I thought I made her normal enough otherwise.

IC=
I listened closely to what everyone thought they could remember. The stories didn't really fit together, but they all seemed to have a goal. They were here to better things. I remember nothing like that. I just want to find Diallo and go home. Maybe I'm not meant to help. I felt a tinge of sadness. Was it because I wanted to help? Did I feel useless? Did I miss home? Or was it just that I had no clue where to fine Diallo.

"What's a Formorian? Are they the people who live here, an animal, a spirit?"

I frowned at the question as I thought. "He's got a point. How do we keep from destroying something if we don't know what it is? It seems a fool's errand."

I turned to the girl. "Unless, perhaps, you remember that they are."

I felt another chill and shuddered. "S'cold," I murmured and huddled closer to the tiny shield, though it offered no warmth.

Kheldarson
10-31-2009, 09:54 PM
"They looked like ants." She shudders at the memory. "Big, giant ants."

Sarlon
11-01-2009, 04:55 AM
WOW I vanish for a few hours to hang with friends and actually see PLOT progression!!! who are you and what did you do with my players?!

....never mind....you guys can stay... :devil::lol:

Answered all the PM's I got reguarding some questions...

Also to point out a few things....something I didn't post until you guys were more "with it".

The room is slowly starting to brighten as if your eyes are becoming used to the darkness. on both sides of the room you each see a doorway. One leading north and one leading south. The walls seems to be covered in depictions of humans, and various other humanoids in various states of petrifacation. The room is also starting to become warmer, and such you feel less chilled. Beyond the 6 of you, there is no sign of anyone else, though the room is fairly clean with only minor dust.

More description pending my return to my parents house tomorrow where my book is, but thats the key points I remember. Oh and draggar, that was a typo on my part...thats meant to be LIFE not LIKFE.

Eric the Grey
11-01-2009, 06:13 AM
(why does everyone have to be a body builder or super-model in RPGs?). One odd characteristic of him is that his eyes appear to have no iris - just a large, deep-black pupil.

OOC: I don't know about you, but I play these games to be someone I'm NOT. :lol:

"They looked like ants." She shudders at the memory. "Big, giant ants."

After listening to this the dwarf frowns but, noticing the brightening of the room, he looks around again and notices one member of the group who apparently hasn't gotten up yet.

"It appears we have not only a goal or perhaps several wrapped up in one, but one of our number who may be injured." Saying so, he moves toward the Female Elf to assess her situation. On the way, he opens and draws a piece of parchment from the tube.


:cool: Eric the Grey

draggar
11-01-2009, 02:47 PM
WOW I vanish for a few hours to hang with friends and actually see PLOT progression!!! who are you and what did you do with my players?!
Hush you - I can easily derail the plot if you'd like. :devil:

Oh and draggar, that was a typo on my part...thats meant to be LIFE not LIKFE.

After the last time you were very vigilant that everything you do is deliberate - like the 20 names for that halfling. :D

OOC: I don't know about you, but I play these games to be someone I'm NOT. :lol:

Yes, my pupils are HUGE. :)

"It appears we have not only a goal or perhaps several wrapped up in one, but one of our number who may be injured." Saying so, he moves toward the Female Elf to assess her situation. On the way, he opens and draws a piece of parchment from the tube.

Don't scare her to the point of screaming, I don't think my heart can take another shock.

"They looked like ants." She shudders at the memory. "Big, giant ants."

Great, big bugs. (Looking at the walls) I really hope we don't end up like them.

JuniorMintz
11-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Wow, talk about being late to the party!

Ok, here we go...

(Give me a few minutes, and I'll decide what my character looks like. For now, I'm just going to go with tall... it's a fantasy game, and I'd like to be tall. :lol:

I lay quietly on the cold stone table, motionless. I have little memory of anything up until this moment, and as I attempt to piece together what memories I *do* have, I realize I'm not alone.

Although I woke up with a loud gasp, I don't think it was noticed. I hear horrifying screaming coming from the other side of the room, it must have attracted all other attention. I hear other voices tending to the screaming female (I assume it's a female, anyway.) I am nude, and cold- I checked myself briefly for puncture or burn wounds, but found none. Have I been resurrected? It's possible, but who would do such a thing, and for what reason?

I lay back on the table and close my eyes- mostly- as I listen to what is going on around me. I hear a male voice, and it's coming closer. I've been noticed.

Sarlon
11-01-2009, 11:18 PM
alright people I have more information on the room you are currently in...and this room is HUGE....its 60 feet wide and 80 feet long, and the ceiling is 10 feet high, and pretty much uniformly the same hieght.

the walls of this room are covered in mosaics that show various scenes of creatures that petrify their victims. The North wall show cockatrices, and basilisks. Gorgons decorate the east wall except for the south end, which shows a snake bodied medusa with four arms. The west wall shows five different variations of a medusa. The south wall west of the door is dominated by a huge and silvery spitting cobra, while the south wall east of the door shows a minotaur. Scrawled beneath this creature in common with charcoal, are the words "treasure scrolls restore flesh".

A series of pictures, drawn somewhat crudely with charcoal, decorates the bottom of the central human sized table in the room. The first picture shows an empty table, from the side, with flame and smoke rising from the braziers. The second picture depicts the same table, but with a statue (a person in a stiff pose, standing on a base) on it. In the final picture, the flames of the braziers are extinguished, and a person sits on the table with one hand braced on the table and the other hand at the figure's forehead.

ETA: the characters will know of the power of these tables and know of the coals.

Eric the Grey
11-02-2009, 12:28 AM
I lay back on the table and close my eyes- mostly- as I listen to what is going on around me. I hear a male voice, and it's coming closer. I've been noticed.

The voice reaches you as the Dwarf nears. In a more kindly tone than used previously, he asks, "Are you hurt? Do you need any help?"



:cool: Eric the Grey
Anybody else feel like a Terminator? Only flesh can be sent through... :lol:

JuniorMintz
11-02-2009, 05:44 AM
text text text text text...

I lay quiet for another moment, uncertain of how to respond. The dwarf approaches, gripping what looks to be a scroll in one hand. I finally sit up- I am light headed and it is difficult to focus in the darkness. In as calm a manner as I can muster, I respond. "I... am uninjured, it would appear."

I offer no other information. It is not my intention to be rude, but I have no recollection of who he (or the screaming woman, or any of the other souls in this chamber) are, and thus it is best to not get too close-for now, anyway.

I step off the table, and my legs wobble beneath me. I quickly grab onto the table so as not to fall. As soon as I get my balance, I take a few steps and take a good look at the chamber itself. My hair is very long but tied back, and I make no effort to conceal my nakedness- in fact, if not for the cold I would hardly notice it. Even then, it seems warmer in here than it did a few moments ago. Among other things, I am looking for a reflective surface of some sort. Although I believe I am uninjured, I would still like to check myself over for any type of scars or markings- perhaps they will offer clues to my identity or how I ended up in this place to begin with.

JuniorMintz
11-03-2009, 04:14 AM
...

I'm a thread killer. :cry:

hinakiba777
11-03-2009, 04:29 AM
OOC: Naw just wasn't sure how to respond. I'll move it forward.

IC:
"She's fine," I announce to the dwarf. "She's walking, she's talking, she's fine."

I wonder if my attitude has always been so impatient, or if this is just a side effect of my frustrations. The room has gotten warmer, but I still feel uncomfortable with my nakedness. It feels wrong not to be wearing something.

I look around the room at the images on the wall. Scary stuff. What I'm truly searching for is a something to cover myself with. I'm certainly not getting up until i can be better covered. As I search my eyes are drawn to the central table, and back to the images on the wall. Suddenly, it clicks in my brain. Another piece of knowledge I just know. Weird.

I snort out a little laugh then look at my 5 compatriots.

"I think we should set off soon. If you all don't mind. This room isn't exactly pleasant." I look between the two possible exits, unsure which way we should go.

"First, though, does anyone see anything I could cover myself with?" I offer what I'm hoping is a lovely smile. There's nothing to check my reflection in. "I seem to be a tad, protective of my unclothed form. So anyone see a sheet, or something?"

I keep leaning gently on my shield, trying to maintain a sliver of modesty.

Kheldarson
11-03-2009, 04:58 AM
"I don't mind," she replies quietly. "And if you do find something, can I use some of it too?" She's still huddled in a ball.

JuniorMintz
11-03-2009, 05:03 AM
I pay no attention to the females who just spoke as I continue to look around the room. I probably appear dazed-no matter. Still, I try to tune everyone out for the time being as I focus on listening to the world outside this room. It's difficult- the voices in this room are echoing greatly.

la la la la la!

Eric the Grey
11-03-2009, 06:14 AM
...

I'm a thread killer. :cry:

OOC: Not at all, I was just giving other's a chance to post and not running away with the game. :D

"I... am uninjured, it would appear."

The dwarf nods and turns respectfully awy from the elf in time to hear:

IC:
"She's fine," I announce to the dwarf. "She's walking, she's talking, she's fine."

"I think we should set off soon. If you all don't mind. This room isn't exactly pleasant." I look between the two possible exits, unsure which way we should go.

"First, though, does anyone see anything I could cover myself with?" I offer what I'm hoping is a lovely smile. There's nothing to check my reflection in. "I seem to be a tad, protective of my unclothed form. So anyone see a sheet, or something?"


"I haven't seen anything so far." the Dwarf replies looking around again, now taking note of the murals on the walls. "But I wouldn't mind some clothing and even a bit of armor myself."



:cool: Eric the Grey

draggar
11-03-2009, 10:15 AM
"I haven't seen anything either for clothes".

Points to the pictures. "Maybe we're supposed to summon something? Does anyone see any braizers?"

Looks over to (Eric's character) "I noticed your scroll and by the minotaur over there there is writing, treasure scrolls restore flesh. I wonder if we're supposed to restore something in here? If we need to- what? I don't want any of these creatures running around in here!"

thoughts:
Hmm, these two are odd, though. A snake and a minotaur. Were they petrified here? I don't think they have this power so they do not belong, much like we don't. Maybe that's a sign we need to take that door?"

Eric the Grey
11-03-2009, 04:24 PM
ETA: the characters will know of the power of these tables and know of the coals.

I have not heard anything regarding either the tables or the coals. Did I miss something, or is this information still forthcoming?

"I haven't seen anything either for clothes".

Points to the pictures. "Maybe we're supposed to summon something? Does anyone see any braizers?"

Looks over to (Eric's character) "I noticed your scroll and by the minotaur over there there is writing, treasure scrolls restore flesh. I wonder if we're supposed to restore something in here? If we need to- what? I don't want any of these creatures running around in here!"

The dwarf nods and says. "I can think of one spell that will do what you're thinking. Unfortunately, that's not what I pulled from the tube, and I cannot pull another until tomorrow. I don't think any of us are looking forward to waiting around here for 24 hours."


:cool: Eric the Grey

draggar
11-03-2009, 07:36 PM
"So then the question is do we trust the cockatrices and basilisks or do we trust the cobra and minotaur?"

Eric the Grey
11-04-2009, 12:09 AM
"So then the question is do we trust the cockatrices and basilisks or do we trust the cobra and minotaur?"

"It seems to me, that since these tables can reverse the effects of the cockatrices and such, we might think on trusting the cobra and minotaur." replies the Dwarf. Then he asks; "how exactly do I know that?" looking around confused.



:cool: Eric the Grey

hinakiba777
11-04-2009, 01:12 AM
I gently shrug my shoulders. "It's beyond me. I also knew that the tables heal the petrified, but damned if I know why I know that. Then again, I don't remember my name. So anything I know is a small comfort."

I smiled in a self deprecating manner before frowning slightly. "I hope you aren't suggesting we make our leave right now. I plan to remain quite steadfast until I'm more covered."

Kheldarson
11-04-2009, 01:17 AM
"Maybe the guys can go explore? Since they're obviously more comfortable in how we're all....um...." She kinda trails off here embarrassed again.

Eric the Grey
11-04-2009, 03:38 AM
"I hope you aren't suggesting we make our leave right now. I plan to remain quite steadfast until I'm more covered."

and...

"Maybe the guys can go explore? Since they're obviously more comfortable in how we're all....um...." She kinda trails off here embarrassed again.

"I wouldn't mind taking a look, but I'd prefer it if I had some sort of weapon in my hand." The dwarf nods to the human male who somehow managed to get hold of a shield and spear. "You willing to take a look?"



:cool: Eric the Grey

JuniorMintz
11-04-2009, 06:42 AM
"I wouldn't mind taking a look, but I'd prefer it if I had some sort of weapon in my hand." The dwarf nods to the human male who somehow managed to get hold of a shield and spear. "You willing to take a look?"


Although I'm certain no one is speaking to me, I respond anyway. "I'll follow, if you'd like assistance." I make no eye contact while speaking, as I am still making note of our bizarre surroundings.


OOC: Changed my mind. :lol: My character has a smaller build, no more than five feet tall, with long, dark brown hair and huge, light green eyes.

draggar
11-04-2009, 11:14 AM
I smiled in a self deprecating manner before frowning slightly. "I hope you aren't suggesting we make our leave right now. I plan to remain quite steadfast until I'm more covered."

"Maybe the guys can go explore? Since they're obviously more comfortable in how we're all....um...." She kinda trails off here embarrassed again.

We're all in the clothes-less predicament together and chances are we'll never see each other or even remember each other again. There are no clothes in here and I can only hope that behind one of the doors there ares some supplies.

"I wouldn't mind taking a look, but I'd prefer it if I had some sort of weapon in my hand." The dwarf nods to the human male who somehow managed to get hold of a shield and spear. "You willing to take a look?"

(holds up the scythe) Well, this can be a weapon in a pinch, if needed.

(It takes me a few minutes to actually get up the "comfort" to get off of the table but I make a bee-line towards the closest wall and walk over towards the southern door (with the cobra and minotaur).

(When I reach the door)
Does anyone have an issue if I open up this door?

(I'll wait for responses).

JuniorMintz
11-04-2009, 07:20 PM
OOC: Eh, I'm not using the quote feature anymore, too annoying.

IC: "Not if you let me take a look at it first." I carefully first my hands, then an ear, to the door and close my eyes for a moment.


Can I get a listen check, please?

Sarlon
11-04-2009, 07:55 PM
just to make sure...its the south door right?

JuniorMintz
11-04-2009, 07:59 PM
OOC: Yes, at least that's what I gathered from Draggar's post.

draggar
11-04-2009, 08:47 PM
OOC: I was at the door with the cobra and minotaur - I think that is the southern door.

Sarlon
11-04-2009, 09:30 PM
you put your ear to the door and SWEAR you hear the sound of someone walking just beyond the door...when you pull back to report what you hear...you notice that its just draggar standing behind/beside you shifting his feet slightly...

(rolled a 3 on listen)

JuniorMintz
11-04-2009, 09:50 PM
OOC: Are there any types of handles or locks on the door?

Sarlon
11-04-2009, 09:52 PM
standard handle shaped like a snake...no visible lock.

To answer a request...here is what everyone woke up with...

nurian: spear and shield
Draggar: a sickle
Eric: just a scroll case
kheldarson: nothing
junior mintz: nothing
Hinakiba77: Dagger and buckler sized shield.

hinakiba777
11-04-2009, 10:08 PM
We're all in the clothes-less predicament together and chances are we'll never see each other or even remember each other again. There are no clothes in here and I can only hope that behind one of the doors there ares some supplies.

"I truly hope you aren't suggesting we part ways once we get out of this room," I frown. "That would be absolutely foolish, considering that until the Dwarf can draw a new spell tomorrow, there are only three of us with weapons."

I slide off the table, the time sitting reviving my energies a bit, but my legs are still a little shaky.

"Sorry that I'm so prone to modesty." Again the attitude comes into play. I've quite the sharp tongue I'm finding. It's a bit fun.

"Not if you let me take a look at it first."

"Does it seem safe to open?" I inquire gently. "Can we go?"

I move halfway between my slab and the doorway, still a little unsteady. I'd feel better if both my hands weren't filled. A belt or a sheath for the dagger would have been helpful. I sigh with more than a little exasperation, then shift my hold on the shield and dagger. Naked, no memory, and with my hands full, I am so very much out of my comfort zone.

draggar
11-04-2009, 10:15 PM
"I truly hope you aren't suggesting we part ways once we get out of this room," I frown. "That would be absolutely foolish, considering that until the Dwarf can draw a new spell tomorrow, there are only three of us with weapons."

"I am not suggesting that at all. It seems that none of us know each other so we're probably from places distant from each other. We were brought here for a reason - I can only assume our skills together can solve the puzzles that lie ahead of us to accomplish our tasks.

When our task, or tasks, are completed, I have a feeling we'll be sent back home, but only when the time is right.

Yes, we need to work together now. I don't know about the rest of you but I know I need to harvest the fungi that grows in Thane Rhuzal's caverns and then take that, and this sickle, to a druid named Drinda.

I can only hope everyone else's task is either similar, or coincides with this task. But for now, I think the priority is finding some sort of protection for us, even if it is basic animal skins or peasant's clothes. We also need to find some food so we can keep our strength."

I pause for a second.

"Wait a minute, I have no idea where I am, how am I supposed to find those caverns and that druid??"

JuniorMintz
11-04-2009, 11:20 PM
I continue to tune out the chatter around me as I carefully examine the door. I'm not even certain if I'm good at this, but as the others are clearly distracted by their lack of pants, it hasn't occurred to anyone *else* to do so. As much as I'd prefer to have some sort of sort of protective armor while in such an unfamiliar area, I'm not concerned with nudity in the slightest. The others are clearly bothered, especially the humans, so perhaps it's cultural.

Still... I'd be a bit more comfortable if I had a weapon of some sort.

"Does it seem safe to open?" I inquire gently. "Can we go?"

"... I don't hear anything.... and I see no locks... one moment, please..." I say, as I examine the door.

Trap check?

"And with all due respect, may I ask that everyone lower their voices for the time being? I'd like to keep an ear out for strange sounds as we move out."

Don't suppose I can get another listen check, now that I've asked everyone to quiet down a bit?

Eric the Grey
11-04-2009, 11:46 PM
"I am not suggesting that at all. It seems that none of us know each other so we're probably from places distant from each other. We were brought here for a reason - I can only assume our skills together can solve the puzzles that lie ahead of us to accomplish our tasks.

The Dwarf nods at this and pauses to think a bit, while the door is being checked out. He concentrates hard on exactly who he is. He has a feeling of what he is, or rather what he does as a profession, but he has a sudden desire to know who he is, or at least what his name is. Perhaps <GM HINT> by concentrating on it will provide that knowledge.



:cool: Eric the Grey

Sarlon
11-05-2009, 12:07 AM
JM: careful examination of the door reveals no traps, though you now have figured out how to open the door, as it slowly creaks open an inch. Beyond is a room that is emmiting a faint humming noise and seems to be glowing faintly blue.

ETG: You have a faint memory of a name that comes to mind...perhaps a nick name? But somehow it feels right to you. (read PM for name)

hinakiba777
11-05-2009, 12:26 AM
OOC: Can the rest of us see the light?

JuniorMintz
11-05-2009, 01:49 AM
I inhale, then open the door carefully. I do not step through it.

Sarlon
11-05-2009, 02:28 AM
only JM sees the light with draggar, until she opens the door. The room beyond it is incredibly bright in comparission to the room you are in but your eyes adjust quickly enough....beyond the door you see...

This hallway has an arched ceiling that reaches a hieght of 20 feet in the center In the middle of the passage, blue lapis stones, glowing with magic, arch from the floor on each side to meet in the center of the ceiling. The walls and arched ceiling are covered in blue tiles.

The room is 20 feet wide and 40 feet long just for reference, and only JM and draggar (if he looks into the room as well) can see another door on the other side of the room. Any who come close enough to the door will of course also see the door and room, just not from your current positions.

Eric the Grey
11-05-2009, 02:48 AM
The Dwarf shakes himself with a slight harrumph and, noticing the movement at the door, moves closer to observe and help if possible.



:cool: Eric the Grey

Kheldarson
11-05-2009, 03:16 AM
Seeing as she's apparently the only one not moving toward the door, she gets down from the table and moves slightly closer, taking care to try and keep covered as best she can with hair and hands.

hinakiba777
11-05-2009, 03:53 AM
I move forward until I'm behind the woman who opened the door. I look at the blue room. It seem safe, but I lean in a bit to get a better look.

Spot Check Please

draggar
11-05-2009, 10:55 AM
I also look into the room - anything on the walls (other than the tiles and gems)?

"They aren't going to make things easy, are they?"

Sarlon
11-05-2009, 12:41 PM
you see nothing more of interest in the room...beyond another door leading south.

hinakiba777
11-05-2009, 08:11 PM
"It looks safe, maybe we should proceed."

I look back around the room we are currently still in. "In fact, I think I would feel much better in the blue room that in this one."

draggar
11-05-2009, 08:15 PM
"My concern is that blue is usually used to calm people down, a sence of serenity, sometimes even used to help them sleep. What if it is this way to lure us into a trap?"

hinakiba777
11-05-2009, 08:21 PM
"You would prefer to stay in the room with the carvings of basilisks and gorgons?" I sigh again. "Perhaps one of us should go forward. If something happens, someone else can save them. If nothing happens we can all proceed to the next door."

I look around the room again and shiver. "This place gives me the heebies."

draggar
11-05-2009, 08:34 PM
"Usually they'll have frightening things where they don't want you to be - either on the right course, near something they don't want you near, and so on. But, I'll go ahead and scope out the room."

I slowly enter the room paying attection to every little detail I can, stepping as lightly as I can, and attempt to hold the scythe in a defensive position (even though it is far from my weapon of choise). I watch each step, look at the wals for anything that might seem out of the ordinary...

Sarlon
11-05-2009, 08:39 PM
about the middle of the room you feel a slight tingling sensation as you pass under the arch. you feel a VERY light resistance before walking through unharmed. The rest of the way to the door offers no other obsitcle. the sythe in your hand feels almost natural to you...well balanced. It may nnot be your weapon of choice, but you feel oddly comfortable carrying it and weilding it.

hinakiba777
11-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I watch closely as the man with the sythe walks through the room. All seems to be going smoothly for him. I shift from one foot to the other, half out of concern for my new comrade, and half out of my great desire to out of this chamber.

"Do you think it's safe to follow you?" I call out hoping he can hear me. I turn back to my other compatriots. "Should I go?"

draggar
11-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Before I respond to hunakiba - did I see anything strange or something that might be a trap?

Can I walk back under the arch towards the room we were in?

Sarlon
11-05-2009, 09:50 PM
you look back and you do see everyone that you saw before you walked through the arch. you walk back through the arch and again feel that slight tingle of something as you walk through it.

on a completely different side note....I have the character sheets ready and updated all except names.so now i can give you guys real roll results.

draggar
11-05-2009, 09:54 PM
"Do you think it's safe to follow you?" I call out hoping he can hear me. I turn back to my other compatriots. "Should I go?"

"It seems safe - just be careful when you walk under the arch, something happens but it doesn't seem harmful."

I head to the far door, not as slow as before but still cautious and check out the far door - I do not open it but listen, feel it, maybe look under it if I can.

hinakiba777
11-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Taking a deep breath I step through the door. I walk cautiously toward to man with the sythe. I look around as I proceed. Eventually, I step under the arch...

Sarlon
11-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Hina: you also feel a slight resistance...then a tingle of energy around you. you walk through unharmed and see nothing else of interest.

draggar
11-05-2009, 10:09 PM
(To Hinakiba - quiet enough for only her to hear making eye contact - not letting my eyes "stray" and in a sincere tone)

"Do you feel better now?"

Eric the Grey
11-05-2009, 10:18 PM
"Do you think it's safe to follow you?" I call out hoping he can hear me. I turn back to my other compatriots. "Should I go?"

and then...

"It seems safe - just be careful when you walk under the arch, something happens but it doesn't seem harmful."

I head to the far door, not as slow as before but still cautious and check out the far door - I do not open it but listen, feel it, maybe look under it if I can.

The dwarf follows the two into the room, stopping when he reaches the arch and feels the tingling (I'm making an assumption here, if I don't feel it, let me know and I'll edit this post). He stops and appears to listen, taking in the feel of it and trying to sense intention (good/evil, I haven't read how that works in 3.5 yet) if possible.


:cool: Eric the Grey

Kheldarson
11-05-2009, 10:26 PM
She moves--well, it's closer to a creep--to the door, watching them cross the room. She'd rather know what exactly's going on before going any further...


OOC: Sorry I've been out, it's been busy. Too many things...*scurries off to get more writing done on story again...*

hinakiba777
11-06-2009, 12:00 AM
"Do you feel better now?"

A small embarrassed smile crosses my face, and my cheeks grow a bit warm. I feel a little silly for being scared of that room, but I do feel better now.

"Yes," I nod. "Much better thank you."

I turn to see the dwarf pass the archway. The other three are still at the door, the half elf girl watching us intently. I tilt my head to motion them follow.

"I gather it would be foolish to hope the rest of the journey will run so smoothly."

Sarlon
11-06-2009, 12:24 AM
ok the other door....(geeze I go away for an HOUR and look at you folks...moving things along....what next? plot progression?...*note: don't argue sarlon...they MIGHT stop.../note)

The door itself seems to be made of marble. A ornate handle stands out from the door and a symbol is on carved on the door...as well as some writing.

Eric, Nurian, and Hina ONLY: You somehow know what the writings mean...it says "The Arches of Isis"

Draggar, Khel, JuniorMintz: There is just a bunch of random writing on the door itself.

the symbol on the door looks like a woman with wings attached to her arms. (can't seem to attach a picture of EXACTLy what she looks like...but look up any picture of isis herself and you'll see what I mean.)

Eric the Grey
11-06-2009, 12:58 AM
The dwarf sighs almost contentedly, as one does when dipping into the perfectly heated bath, and proceeds beyond the archway with a slight smile on his face.

After a few steps he turns to the others waiting at the first door and says, "It's all right to come ahead. I get the feeling we've chosen the correct path."



:cool: Eric the Grey

draggar
11-06-2009, 01:03 AM
(To Eric) "How do you know? This looks like writing but I cannot read it."

hinakiba777
11-06-2009, 01:58 AM
I hear what the man with the Sythe is saying, but as he's addressing the dwarf, I choose not to interrupt with a response. I look at the door, the words clear to me as the image of Isis herself. However, maybe the man with the sythe just doesn't understand this form of writing. I shrug to myself, leaning close to the door. No harm seeing if there's anything beyond the door.

Listen Check

Eric the Grey
11-06-2009, 02:11 AM
(To Eric) "How do you know? This looks like writing but I cannot read it."

The dwarf waves at the archway and says in a kindly voice, "Whatever that is, it doesn't feel wrong to me. I get a feeling of peace when I concentrated on it. Not good, and not evil, just a feeling of peace. It's what I have to go on, and I'll choose to follow it."

"The writing on the door says 'The Arches of Isis.' I get a tickle at the back of my memory about the name, but I'm not certain why. Perhaps It'll come to me like my name did, if I concentrate on it..." OOC: Looks over at the DM


:cool: Eric the Grey

JuniorMintz
11-06-2009, 04:40 AM
I hear what the man with the Sythe is saying, but as he's addressing the dwarf, I choose not to interrupt with a response. I look at the door, the words clear to me as the image of Isis herself. However, maybe the man with the sythe just doesn't understand this form of writing. I shrug to myself, leaning close to the door. No harm seeing if there's anything beyond the door.

Listen Check

I hold a finger to my mouth and look to the rest of the party in an effort to quiet them. Whether or not they noticed, I am uncertain.

After a moment, I speak up. "Do you hear anything?", I whisper.

I'll wait for a response before I examine the door further for traps.

hinakiba777
11-06-2009, 06:05 AM
I shake my head. "No, not a sound."

I look at the door again. I try to recall something about the words I read. Isis? The language? Something. I close my eyes to think, hand almost touching the words.

OOC: Maybe a little inspiration from our DM

Also, she told me I heard nothing personally earlier.

JuniorMintz
11-06-2009, 06:14 AM
In that case, I'd like to search the door.

Trap check?

Sarlon
11-06-2009, 09:39 PM
you are unsuccesful in finding any traps.

draggar
11-07-2009, 06:23 PM
(I put my hand on the door handle): Does anyone object if I open the door?

Kheldarson
11-07-2009, 11:42 PM
The half-elf shakes her head, although if anybody notices she doesn't know and doesn't care. She's finally kinda made her way across the room though.

Eric the Grey
11-08-2009, 12:52 AM
(I put my hand on the door handle): Does anyone object if I open the door?

The dwarf shakes his head, and then adds, "Go ahead, we cannot just stay here, and like I said, I have a good feeling about this."


:cool: Eric the Grey

JuniorMintz
11-08-2009, 05:49 AM
I nod in approval. He is armed, at least... I step away from the door and wait for him to make his move.

hinakiba777
11-08-2009, 10:07 AM
"I have a good feeling about going this way as well." I smile. "Let us proceed"

draggar
11-08-2009, 02:20 PM
I slowly open the door..... (the rest will come after the GM gets back to us on what happens - if nothing happens then I'll continue to open the door).

Sarlon
11-08-2009, 02:38 PM
you open the door and suddenly!....nothing happens.

you see another door 20 feet infront of you, a wall to the left and a LONG corridor to the right. The door in front of you is uninteresting, no writing, no symbols, only a simple handle.

draggar
11-08-2009, 02:55 PM
I step though and look down the corridor to the right.

"Well, at least we now know the definition of monotony."

hinakiba777
11-08-2009, 07:02 PM
"You know the farther we go, the less interesting the rooms get." I murmur stepping after the man with the scythe. "I hope that something isn't lulling into a state of false ease."

I turn and look down the corridor as well. "I wonder which path would be better to take now."

Sarlon
11-08-2009, 07:35 PM
The hallway extends 120 feet down to the right, almost perfectly level, before turning sharply to the left. You catch a glimpse of another door at the far end of the hallway just before it turns.

The hallway is well lit, but a light source eminating from the iron sconces hanging on the walls. The air is crisp and fresh, and faintly smells of salty air as if coming in from the ocean. It is cool down here but not cold, and seems to not chill you as it did before.

Eric the Grey
11-08-2009, 09:36 PM
"You know the farther we go, the less interesting the rooms get." I murmur stepping after the man with the scythe. "I hope that something isn't lulling into a state of false ease."

I turn and look down the corridor as well. "I wonder which path would be better to take now."

The Dwarf nods at this.

"I think" he says looking down the hallway, "that we should check the doors as we go. We don't want to pass anything up, and there's no use in backtracking unless we have to."



:cool: Eric the Grey

hinakiba777
11-08-2009, 09:41 PM
I nod in agreement with the Dwarf.

"I'll take the opportunity to check this door," I nod to indicated the door directly ahead.

I hope toward the simple door and examine it.

Listen Check and Trap Check please

draggar
11-09-2009, 02:52 AM
Do I sense any kind of breeze?

"I'll go check out the other door" - I start to walk towards the other door, keeping an eye on each step, listening, watching, and trying to notice whatever I can.

Sarlon
11-09-2009, 03:56 AM
HinaKiba: no traps that you can see on the door...and for a SECOND you think you hear a FAINT slithering sound

Draggar: no problems walking down the hallway. You come and a T intersection...with the left being the door you orginally saw...and another long corridor leading south (door is to the north). You get a funny feeling about the hallway to the south...something drawing your eye to the east wall...though without further examination it would be impossible to tell anything...you just have a gut feeling. Beyond that you see the hallway abruptly end at another door.

draggar
11-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Funny in what way? Funny good? Funny bad?

(Movie quote time!)

1) You know what's funny?

2) Funny as in ha ha or funny as in interesting?

1) That van has been parked over there with the engine running for about 10 minutes now.

3) So?

1) ... and it's in front of a bank??

3) Again, SO WHAT??

Sarlon
11-09-2009, 01:40 PM
You won't know till you go look at it up close :devil: erm I mean! :angel::angel::angel:

draggar
11-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Bastard.

Being distracted, I turn to the south and slowly head down the hall, still paying attention to my surroundings (etc..).

Sarlon
11-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Draggar: About 20 feet from the door on the east side of the corridor, your senses go haywire...you carefully examine the wall, and...

Notice a door VERY carefully concealed within the wall. You think you would of missed it if you hadn't thought to look there. You think you also know how to open it. (search check: 29, plus elves can detect secret doors without consciencely searching for them)

Also I'm having a brain fart...incase I'm not making it clear...the secret door you found is assuming the way you came from is North, then its on the east side of the wall.

draggar
11-09-2009, 06:37 PM
"My senses go haywire"

Please elaborate - am I disoriented / dizzy?

Sarlon
11-09-2009, 06:46 PM
more like "BEEP BEEP BEEP ALERT!!! ALERT!!! DOOR NEAR BY!!!"

course nothing is said, its just a shock to you.

draggar
11-09-2009, 06:48 PM
*snaps out of a daze*
(Loudly so the others can hear me)

"Hey everyone, I think we should check this out"

hinakiba777
11-10-2009, 05:07 AM
I lean closely to the door to see if I can hear something on the other side. For a brief moment, I'm sure I hear a slither. But it happens so quickly, that I can't be truly sure. I turn to the group, opening my mouth to call out to them. However, the elf calls out before I can utter a word.

"Hey everyone, I think we should check this out"

I let loose a little sigh, and feel my eyes roll a bit at the elf's seeming excitement. Turning away from the door, I return to the lip of the corridor. Briefly, I glance back at the simple door. I call out to the elf;

"What did you find?!"

Kheldarson
11-11-2009, 01:27 AM
She follows behind, still unsure about herself. However, at the elf's call, she moves over to, you know, actually see whatever he's looking at.


OOC: She's gone totally shy and I don't know why. Sorry >.<

Sarlon
11-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Khel...just to let you know...you just went around the corner and about 80 feet down the corridor...if you still want to go there thats fine, but I'll allow you to retract that statement just in case.

Oh, one other thing I COMPELTELY forgot to mention. All of you have 5 hero points...what these do in my games is force me to reroll a roll you made...however if that roll is lower you HAVE to take the second roll...you CAN make me reroll as many times as you have hero points if the roll STILL isn't coming out the way you want it to.

You can also EARN hero points and there is no limit to the number of them that you can earn...way to earn them include (but NOT limited to.)....will post list later NCIS is on!!

Kheldarson
11-11-2009, 02:34 AM
That's fine. I'm trying to force her into doing stuff. Don't know how well it'll work since I'm also doing NaNo right now...I'm gonna die this month...>.<

Eric the Grey
11-11-2009, 02:48 AM
The Dwarf ambles along behind the rest, as far as the corner. When he sees where Draggar's character is standing, he says:

"Should we be leaving unexplored rooms behind us?"



:cool: Eric the Grey

JuniorMintz
11-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Oh, one other thing I COMPELTELY forgot to mention. All of you have 5 hero points...what these do in my games is force me to reroll a roll you made...however if that roll is lower you HAVE to take the second roll...you CAN make me reroll as many times as you have hero points if the roll STILL isn't coming out the way you want it to.

You can also EARN hero points and there is no limit to the number of them that you can earn...way to earn them include (but NOT limited to.)....will post list later NCIS is on!!

Just to make sure I understand correctly, is this basically to make it possible to "take a 20" but not for every single roll (because otherwise what would be the point of playing :D ) :lol:

Sarlon
11-11-2009, 05:23 AM
No you cannot use it to make me roll a 20...

Now that I've gotten my Mark Harmon, Micheal Weatherly and Chris O'donnal fix for the day...here are the terms for earning more hero points.

REALLY good Role playing
using creative methods to get out of something
unique use of common every day items
Make the DM snort Dr Pepper out her nose (has been done ONCE...they got 3 points)
doing something extra ordinary, like an amazing description of an ordinary act.
NOT messing up the DM's carefully plotted out carefully thought out Session...the stories I could tell ><

JuniorMintz
11-11-2009, 05:30 AM
OOC: I should have worded that better, LOL. I said "take a twenty" but I basically meant "give us the chance to reroll and not completely eff up". :D

Good to know how the system works though, thanks for the breakdown.

(Still checking in daily, but I'm unarmed so I'm basically looking for an opportunity to be more useful to the party.)

draggar
11-11-2009, 10:36 AM
<- Is having major computer issus now. Responses may be slow.

"I think I found something I shouldn't have. I think we should check this out first".

Eric the Grey
11-11-2009, 05:12 PM
"I think I found something I shouldn't have. I think we should check this out first".

The Dwarf harrumphs quietly and moves further down the hallway to see what he found. He stops when he gets near the elf, who is at first gland standing next to a blank wall, and then takes a closer look

*check the stonework out using innate dwarven abilities*



:cool: Eric the Grey

Sarlon
11-12-2009, 01:43 AM
ok....not only do you see it...you see it as if there was a huge neon sign over it. You not only see it, but you ALSO see how to open it effectivly, AND shut it.

(rolled an unmodified 18....you found it)

draggar
11-12-2009, 01:47 AM
"I think we should see where this goes"

I start to open the door (slowly).

Sarlon
11-12-2009, 01:57 AM
detailed post of room will come when I get home...its long and juicy!

Sarlon
11-12-2009, 05:26 AM
ok here is what you see in the room...

This large chamber is finely decorated and comfortably furnished. Two green statues stand in the southwest corner, and a large pile of equipment sits by the south wall. The room is well-lighted and scented with jasmine.

Before I continue on with the rest of what you MIGHT see in the room...I need a general conscensis...high or low?

(note: when I ask high or low its like asking heads or tails...)

JuniorMintz
11-12-2009, 05:44 AM
Low, I guess?

hinakiba777
11-12-2009, 05:47 AM
I VOTE HIGH!

Eric the Grey
11-12-2009, 06:28 AM
(note: when I ask high or low its like asking heads or tails...)

Ooooh, I do this to, sorta. I'll say Low.

Edit: Also, I'd like to know what the statues are of please. :)


:cool: Eric the Grey

draggar
11-12-2009, 10:15 AM
detailed post of room will come when I get home...its long and juicy!

It's always good to keep the DM excited..

ok here is what you see in the room...



Before I continue on with the rest of what you MIGHT see in the room...I need a general conscensis...high or low?

(note: when I ask high or low its like asking heads or tails...)

But that was a little anti-climatic. :)

Ooooh, I do this to, sorta. I'll say Low.

Edit: Also, I'd like to know what the statues are of please. :)


:cool: Eric the Grey

Why am I not surprised that the DWARF called LOW? :roll:

Since dwarves and elves don't get along - I'll call HIGH.

Kheldarson
11-12-2009, 03:47 PM
I have better luck with high rolls myself...

Sarlon
11-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Alright...votes are in

High: 3
Low: 2

Here is the rest of the story....erm I mean room.

The art is statues of humans and animals in various forms of petrifacation. But they all seem odd even if you haven't seen some of these creatures before. Some look like whiskers were drawn on their faces, some have ears that have been elongated to amazing proportions, elongated fingers, making arms and fingers square, altering legs or arms into tentacles, adding small wings to the heels and so forth. The walls are hung with swaths of silk in green pink and violet. Normal furnishing abound without appearing cluttered: chairs, divans, a bed, chests, an armoire, and numerous shelves. You see piles of clothing, armor, some weapons and equipment on a shelf right near the door you entered from. There is noone else in this room.

all your characters are not sure if these are YOUR clothes, and equipment, but each of you can find clothes that fit and armor/weapons of your choice. Send me a private message with what you would like to find.

draggar
11-12-2009, 07:29 PM
I take EVERYTHING! :D

Just kidding - PM on the way.

(Loud enough for the others to hear)
"Hey everyone I found some things we could use, including CLOTHES and WEAPONS".

Eric the Grey
11-13-2009, 03:41 AM
The Dwarf spends some time rummaging around and locates enough clothing for himself, as well as some chain mail and even a longsword and shield that seem to feel right in his hands.

After spending time to cloth himself and struggling into the armor, he looks around and spies a shelf of what appear to be jewlery. Taking a closer look, he scans through what is at hand and gasps at one particular item, gently lifting it and staring opened mouthed for a moment before clasping it to his chest and bowing his head, his shoulders shaking.



:cool: Eric the Grey

*more later*

hinakiba777
11-13-2009, 05:06 AM
At the announcement of clothing and equipment I rush down the hallway.

When I reach the doorway with eyes only focused on finding clothing. I rush in without looking, and begin to rummage. I spot a white shirt, black stockings, and a pair of jackboots. I pull each item on before searching for more. The Dagger and shield resting safely at my feet. Eventually I find a black bodice that reaches midthigh and some chest armor. They fit quite well, almost as though made for me. As I search for a belt to attach the daggar and shield to, I spot a beautiful long bow and quiver leaning against the wall. There are forearm bands sitting with them, which I attach securely.

Keeping an eye on the bow and quiver I continue to search the shelf for a good belt. Finally I spot with a good enough loop to fit the dagger. The weight of the shield causes the belt to lean to the right a bit, but it feels comfortable. It feels good to have my hands free.

I glance around looking for something else. My eyes never leaving the shelves, though. Suddenly I spot it. I gently tug what looks like a pile of forest green cloth toward myself. The Cloak unfolds itself, something clanging to the floor. It's soft, and heavy. Not so heavy to be cumbersome, simply reassuring weight of a solid cloak. I clasp the silver clasp (http://www.thefarthingale.com/Pictures/Ribbon%20Clasp.jpg) quickly, then look to the floor. Noticing a hand ornament of the same style as the clasp, I crouch down to pick it up. There is a pin that runs through it. I twist my hair at the back of my head and secure it with the clasp.

Feeling much more comfortable now that I was clothed and equipped, I pick up the bow and quiver to shoulder them. I turn around to examine the room better, feeling a little ashamed I hadn't done so before entering. The sight of the statues makes me jump back for a moment. Slowly, I ease back to stand next to the exit. My eyes flick over each statue nervously.

"Oh I hope these items are not dangerous."

draggar
11-13-2009, 10:49 AM
(am I the only one who PM'ed the DM and is waiting for a response before posting? ;)

hinakiba777
11-13-2009, 11:17 AM
(am I the only one who PM'ed the DM and is waiting for a response before posting? ;)

(Sarlon and I actually talk to each other daily. So I just asked her when we were chatting. I got the okay then. Cause I'm special :p :D)

draggar
11-13-2009, 05:27 PM
(Sarlon and I actually talk to each other daily. So I just asked her when we were chatting. I got the okay then. Cause I'm special :p :D)

Uh-huh, and a big :p to you too! :D

As I rummage though the seemingly large pile of random oddities, I am able to pull out some leather pants, shirt and boots. I quickly put it on me and luckily I find a belt with a pouch on it - all of it oddly seems to fit very well.

I look around some more and I find a short sword and a dagger that seems to feel very comfortable in my hands, like they're an extension of my arms. I sheath both and put them on the belt. I also strap the scythe onto my back so my hands are free.

Looking around some more I find some bows and quivers of arrows. I give a few some looking over several others as I seem quite content as a seemingly boring short bow. I put the quiver on my back and the short bow over my shoulder.

I wander over to the shelves, determined as if something was calling me. I reach into a random shelf and pull out a small coyote figurine with two small ambers for eyes and a smaller onyx for a nose. I stand there gazing in its eyes as if I was mesmerized by some unknown spell. The noise of others rushing in and going though the pile snaps me out of the daze.

I still feel incomplete. I start looking around, furiously, as if someone else might get what I need. Finally, on a top shelf I find what suits me perfectly, a wide rimmed hat with a couple of white feathers sticking out of the top (http://www.tahmazian.com/Reinos_Olvidados/03_Personajes/Imagenes/Jarlaxle_3.jpg).

While the others are arriving to gather what they need, I start to look around the room - other passages, maybe even some supplies (food). I also examine the other "statues" in the room.

Eric the Grey
11-14-2009, 02:08 AM
After a few moments, while the others are getting dressed, the Dwarf finally stirs and pulls a chain over his neck. The ornament on the chain is in the simple shape of a bird taking flight in its simplest form. Wings up-stretched almost making a complete circle, a simple point for the tail that's elongated to hold comfortably, and a simple head.

He sighs as he turns to face the others, his eyes glistening with moisture, but a broad smile splits his face.

"I don't know about all of you, but I feel much more ready to face whatever this place has to offer." he says, his hand still touching the symbol.



:cool: Eric the Grey

draggar
11-17-2009, 10:40 AM
I start to feel a panic coming on - as if something is missing. Something very signifiant - higher than the gods themselves.

I look around - everyone else is frozen, not moving, almost as if they becamse petrified like what we've seen in many rooms - except they're not stone, they're just not moving.

I tightly close my eyes in hopes this doesn't take me in its grasp as well as it doesn't last long.

:D

hinakiba777
11-17-2009, 08:03 PM
OOC: Hahah cute. I'm waiting for someone to say or do something i can respond to silly. :p

Eric the Grey
11-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Since nobody seems to be willing to put their foot forward first, the Dwarf steps towards the once hidden door and says; "Shall we head back to see what we missed?"



:cool: Eric the Grey
*hoping to get things moving without pinching one of the females tushes :devil:*

Sarlon
11-19-2009, 02:18 AM
need the resident elf in the party ONLY to give me a high or low vote...this is for them only....public post or private...matters not to me.

JuniorMintz
11-19-2009, 02:23 AM
OOC: ...which elf are you referring to? If me, I vote low.

Also, did you get my PM about weapons and gear? I'm waiting to post until I hear back. :)

Sarlon
11-19-2009, 02:25 AM
to lazy to go look at the notes in my book right now...and sorry for not responding, your approved for the gear you asked me for.

And the Elf I'm refering to is the full blood one.

JuniorMintz
11-19-2009, 03:14 AM
OOC: yea, I think that's me, I was just confused because I thought Draggar was a full elf too. :o

So, low. And give me a bit and I'll get a proper IC post in. :lol:

draggar
11-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Since nobody seems to be willing to put their foot forward first, the Dwarf steps towards the once hidden door and says; "Shall we head back to see what we missed?"



:cool: Eric the Grey
*hoping to get things moving without pinching one of the females tushes :devil:*

I've been looking around.

need the resident elf in the party ONLY to give me a high or low vote...this is for them only....public post or private...matters not to me.

Me? Since we went high last time, I'll say low.

Did I find anything while looking around?

OOC: yea, I think that's me, I was just confused because I thought Draggar was a full elf too. :o

So, low. And give me a bit and I'll get a proper IC post in. :lol:

Um, I am. But, we both agreed with the vote. ;)

JuniorMintz
11-19-2009, 04:05 PM
I've been looking around.



Me? Since we went high last time, I'll say low.

Did I find anything while looking around?



Um, I am. But, we both agreed with the vote. ;)


Fine, you can be the resident elf. I'll be the pretty one. :lol:

Sarlon
11-19-2009, 04:06 PM
nono DM calls the right to be called the prettiest one in the room....and with my 5 natural charisma....you all are screwed :P

Kheldarson
11-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Bleah on charisma. And you haven't approved my gear either Sarlon....

draggar
11-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Fine, you can be the resident elf. I'll be the pretty one. :lol:

Deal! I think my CHA score is going to be in the negatives - just my personality is OK.

nono DM calls the right to be called the prettiest one in the room....and with my 5 natural charisma....you all are screwed :P

*lol*

Bleah on charisma. And you haven't approved my gear either Sarlon....

You don't get any clothes! You stay naked!! :roll::angel:

Kheldarson
11-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Don't wanna stay nekkid! My character's shy enough as is!

draggar
11-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Exactly!! :D

(Psst - you need to respond to my last Wajas PM, too!).

Eric the Grey
11-19-2009, 10:34 PM
nono DM calls the right to be called the prettiest one in the room....and with my 5 natural charisma....you all are screwed :P

Don't matter to me. I don't expect to be pretty. :p

Bleah on charisma. And you haven't approved my gear either Sarlon....

From what I recall, whatever basic equipment you want, is available, only specific items need approval. Things like my holy symbol.



:cool: Eric the Grey

Sarlon
11-19-2009, 11:16 PM
hey...Khel no problem...sorry about the delay.

hinakiba777
11-20-2009, 12:49 AM
OOC: I was so happy to see so many posts. Only to find out they are just our color commentary on how we aren't moving forward. Maybe I should just reply to Eric....

draggar
11-24-2009, 06:00 PM
*bumpity bump*

Sarlon
11-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Hey a DM is only as good as thier players. They give me nothing to work with, I have nothing to give them.

Oh, just fun factoid, we were bored last weekend and since not enough of my players showed up, we did a starting part of the same thing I'm running you guys through, and they went almost immediatly for the stairs after they found the room you guys are in.

draggar
11-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Hey a DM is only as good as thier players. They give me nothing to work with, I have nothing to give them.

Oh, just fun factoid, we were bored last weekend and since not enough of my players showed up, we did a starting part of the same thing I'm running you guys through, and they went almost immediatly for the stairs after they found the room you guys are in.

Hmmm.....

I start to feel a panic coming on - as if something is missing. Something very signifiant - higher than the gods themselves.

I look around - everyone else is frozen, not moving, almost as if they becamse petrified like what we've seen in many rooms - except they're not stone, they're just not moving.

I tightly close my eyes in hopes this doesn't take me in its grasp as well as it doesn't last long.

:D

Yes, i was looking around some more and then when you asked for the resident elf (if it was me - but JM and I said the same thing):


Me? Since we went high last time, I'll say low.

Did I find anything while looking around?

:D:D

Sarlon
11-24-2009, 09:31 PM
my bad...sorry stress and all...

So...heres what you find while walking round the room....ANOTHER door much like the one you came through. Almost directly oppisite of the door you came in.

draggar
11-24-2009, 10:24 PM
NP. :)

Is this door another "secret door" or is it openly visible?

hinakiba777
11-25-2009, 12:53 AM
"Shall we head back to see what we missed?"

"Maybe we should," I murmur, addressing the Dwarf. "I did want to examine that room I was looking at, before the elf started shouting for us to follow him."

The hissing had be so brief, but I was really curious what lied beyond that door. I was happy I followed, though. It was good to be clothed and equipped, but I wanted to explore a little more.

"So are we heading backward, or does someone have another idea?"

OC= i'm assuming that as you ask the Elf, that it's a door only he can see. If I'm wrong I'll edit.

JuniorMintz
11-26-2009, 04:31 AM
As I quickly pull on the remaining set of clothing, I breathe a sigh of relief. Leather boots and armor offer much better protection than my own skin, after all. After retying my hair back, I pick up the crossbow and bolts I found lying near the clothing pile. I turn it in my hands-I feel comfortable enough handling it, and as I imagine myself taking aim, I notice an unclaimed dagger out of the corner of my eye. I pocket this, as well.

Clothed and armed at last, I turn my attention back to the rest of the party. It seems the other elf has found something of interest, and although it seems some are more interested in exploring this chamber, I'm anxious to see what has caught his interest. I swing the crossbow over my shoulder, put my hand on my dagger (ready to draw), and follow the elf without looking back.

draggar
11-30-2009, 11:15 AM
NP. :)

Is this door another "secret door" or is it openly visible?

Bump.... ;)

Sarlon
12-01-2009, 07:50 AM
sorry thought I answered it....its a secret door mostly visible from this side. just took a little poking around to figure out how to open it.

draggar
12-01-2009, 10:04 AM
"Hey guys, I think I found something else we weren't supposed to"

Eric the Grey
12-01-2009, 05:17 PM
"Hey guys, I think I found something else we weren't supposed to"

The Dwarf wanders over to the new door and gives it a good once-over. "Looks like it's headin back towards where we started."


:cool: Eric the Grey

Sarlon
12-06-2009, 04:49 AM
pokes any players rattling my dice bag~

The door from this side is very plainly visable, there are scrape marks on the floor indicating which way the door opens, and the lack of dust on the floor indicates recent activity.

Eric the Grey
12-06-2009, 06:01 AM
pokes any players rattling my dice bag~

The dwarf leans in and listens at the door, but hears nothing over the clinking of his armor.... :p



:cool: Eric the Grey

hinakiba777
12-07-2009, 04:49 AM
I shrug gently.

"So have we decided to go back the way we came then?" I shift a little. "I would like to find our way out of here. Maybe examine the doorway I was looking at before we came in here. It seems foolish to remain in this room forever."

I gently finger the daggar. "Some of us have people to find." The annoyance is becoming evident in my voice. We need to make a decision, and I'm very close to just heading out on my own.

JuniorMintz
12-13-2009, 07:05 PM
I finally speak up. "I'd like to get out of here too, but I'd also like to know why we are here to begin with, and who is responsible for that."

draggar
12-18-2009, 10:05 AM
I shrug gently.

"So have we decided to go back the way we came then?" I shift a little. "I would like to find our way out of here. Maybe examine the doorway I was looking at before we came in here. It seems foolish to remain in this room forever."

I gently finger the daggar. "Some of us have people to find." The annoyance is becoming evident in my voice. We need to make a decision, and I'm very close to just heading out on my own.

I finally speak up. "I'd like to get out of here too, but I'd also like to know why we are here to begin with, and who is responsible for that."

"You can see around this door that it's been used recently - maybe we can find some answers behind this door?"

draggar
12-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Bump?
(filler)

JuniorMintz
12-29-2009, 04:00 AM
"You can see around this door that it's been used recently - maybe we can find some answers behind this door?"

Listen/Search check, please. :)

Sarlon
12-29-2009, 04:05 AM
you hear some faint hissing sounds, that sound ALMOST to consistant to be random....you think it might be something speaking, but not in any language you recognize.

draggar
12-30-2009, 10:17 PM
Hissing isn't good normally. Snakes, lizardmen...

Eric the Grey
12-31-2009, 02:56 AM
The dwarf readies his weapons and looks around at his companions.

"Shall we take a look?"





:cool: Eric the Grey

hinakiba777
01-02-2010, 02:42 AM
"Shall we take a look?"

I nod quickly, and ready my bow.

"That seems like the best option. Though I hope none of us are too anxious to use our weapons." I gently shrug one shoulder. "Or too cautious either."

Sarlon
01-02-2010, 02:48 AM
As non of you mentioned that your talking quietly, as your standing there milling about the door...it swings open suddenly and a tall slender humanoid figure appears in the door way, her hair like that o writhing snakes though currently they lay flat down her back. she speaks suddenly in common...

"what are you doing in my home ssssssstrangerssss? Ssspeak quickly!"

she appears unarmed and seems more cross then angry, as her arms are crossed firmly over her chest.

hinakiba777
01-02-2010, 04:39 AM
A nervous laugh escapes my lips and I lower my bow a bit.

"So sorry miss," I bow quickly. "We didn't mean to disturb you. My companions and I are lost, we thought this door was a way out."

An embarrassed blush warms my cheeks, and I shift my stance uncomfortably. "You wouldn't be able to tell us where we are, per chance?"

draggar
01-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Suggestion for the mods : Split this thread between posts 243 and 244 into two topic please so we don't have to go into the old game looking for older posts in this one (as long as the DM is OK with that).

I try not to look directly at the creature.

Sarlon
01-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Mods...I have no problem with this...don't really care what you rename it...but dungeon world setting might be a good title since thats the module I'm running this game out of.

Eric the Grey
01-04-2010, 10:28 PM
A nervous laugh escapes my lips and I lower my bow a bit.

"So sorry miss," I bow quickly. "We didn't mean to disturb you. My companions and I are lost, we thought this door was a way out."

An embarrassed blush warms my cheeks, and I shift my stance uncomfortably. "You wouldn't be able to tell us where we are, per chance?"

After the first glimpse of the creature, the dwarf drops his eyes in an almost subservient manner and says; "That's true. We woke up here with no idea of where we are, and only a vague notion of why we are here."



:cool: Eric the Grey

JuniorMintz
01-05-2010, 01:43 AM
I lower my crossbow, but do not put it away.

hinakiba777
01-08-2010, 08:24 PM
(OOC: JM please stop breaking the game. :p )

Sarlon
01-08-2010, 08:26 PM
the woman looks at all of you and hisses again very softly.

"ignorant humans....thisss is my home. I do not know where you came from nore how to return you there."

draggar
01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
(Not said): I think we should leave now.

Eric the Grey
01-09-2010, 01:37 AM
(Not said): I think we should leave now.

"Then perhaps we should take our leave, if you would show us the way out. . ."



:cool: Eric the Grey

Sarlon
01-09-2010, 01:39 AM
~The woman grins an almost evil grin tapping her chin thoughtfully with a long slender finger~

"Perhapssss......it dependsss on where you wisssh to go. You could sssee my sssisters...to the sssouth, or sssssee my lovely gardenssss to the north."

JuniorMintz
01-09-2010, 04:55 AM
"And what of the East and West?"

I run my thumb over the surface of my crossbow handle as I speak.

(OOC Hina... LOL!)

Sarlon
01-09-2010, 04:58 AM
the woman laughs softly...almost a chuckle.

"why....that would be where we keep our petssss....and of courssse our entertainment."

(DM note: SOOOOOOOOO tempted to delay a post since JM posted :P but I'd like to get this out of the graveyard.)

JuniorMintz
01-10-2010, 02:08 AM
(DM note: SOOOOOOOOO tempted to delay a post since JM posted :P but I'd like to get this out of the graveyard.)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :lol:

Eric the Grey
01-10-2010, 03:14 AM
the woman laughs softly...almost a chuckle.

"why....that would be where we keep our petssss....and of courssse our entertainment."

I think very hard before acting, trying to dredge up what knowledge (CHECK) I might have stored away on these creatures, while gripping his sword hilt and shield.



:cool: Eric the Grey

Sarlon
01-10-2010, 03:41 AM
Eric: You don't think shes a medusa contrary to her apperance, you're not 100% certain what she is, but you're fairly sure shes harmless....unless provoked of course.

Eric the Grey
01-10-2010, 03:49 AM
Eric: You don't think shes a medusa contrary to her apperance, you're not 100% certain what she is, but you're fairly sure shes harmless....unless provoked of course.

Thanks.

"Well", says the dwarf, "I don't think we're likely to be much entertainment, and not terribly good pets, so perhaps we'll just find our own way out..."


OOC: Looks like I'm getting us into a fight. :devil:



:cool: Eric the Grey

Sarlon
01-10-2010, 05:05 AM
she cracks a geuine smile at that.

"ssssssillly human....you are not a pet....you are a lesser creature."

she chuckles again and with a sweeping gesture indicates the door through which you came in, and walks past all of you, sitting down at a desk her back to you.

"oh...and do be wary of the trapssss ahead."

Eric the Grey
01-10-2010, 05:57 AM
The Dwarf nods towards the door to indicate that the rest of the party should move towards it.

He moves to follow up the rear, trying to keep an eye on the woman.



:cool: Eric the Grey

draggar
01-10-2010, 02:27 PM
I think we should leave.

hinakiba777
01-11-2010, 01:44 AM
I think we should leave.

I lean in to whisper to the elf. "What do you mean by leave," I whisper to him. "Just getting away from here, or do you mean turn around."

I have yet to follow the dwarf. I take a moment to consider the woman we have just spoken, to see if I had any knowledge [CHECK] that might help the situation

Sarlon
01-11-2010, 01:53 AM
hina: You know little more then eric does...

Eric: Forgot to add one TINY detail you have a sneaky suspicion she should look alot different, and shes shorter then she should be.

Eric the Grey
01-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Eric: Forgot to add one TINY detail you have a sneaky suspicion she should look alot different, and shes shorter then she should be.

OOC: Ok, not certain how much that helps, but I'll try to keep that in mind. :)


:cool: Eric the Grey

draggar
01-11-2010, 10:46 AM
I lean in to whisper to the elf. "What do you mean by leave," I whisper to him. "Just getting away from here, or do you mean turn around."

Leave as in go back to where we came from.

Sarlon
01-20-2010, 06:07 AM
snake haired lady pokes the group of humanoids near her....and wonders if she should add them to her private collection.

hinakiba777
01-20-2010, 04:46 PM
"Ow," I gently rub my arm and glare slightly at the snake lady. Her looks is pensive and makes me nervous.

"I'm sorry we intruded, but did you feel it necessary to poke us?"

Sarlon
01-20-2010, 05:32 PM
"If it will get you to leave my home faster then yes!"

her eyes drift upward.

""besides the ancients whom rule the balance are getting ansty" (IE DM wants to move on)

Eric the Grey
01-20-2010, 06:53 PM
"If it will get you to leave my home faster then yes!"

her eyes drift upward.

""besides the ancients whom rule the balance are getting ansty" (IE DM wants to move on)

"Ok, Ok now folks, let's move along and let the lady have some peace" says the Dwarf as he starts bustling the stragglers out of the room.

[OOC} Hopefully, the rest will pitch in soon and get a move on. It's not just the ancients who are getting antsy.


:cool: Eric the Grey

draggar
01-20-2010, 06:57 PM
I nod towards the dwarf.

Yes, it's a good time to go.

JuniorMintz
01-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Still clinging to my crossbow, I nod to the dwarf and the elf and quickly back out of the room, careful not to disturb or bump into anything on my way out.

Sarlon
01-20-2010, 11:26 PM
as you all reenter the hall way you hear the door pointedly close behind you and a slightly audible click is heard.

corridor. There is a blank wall immediatly infront of you, a door 10 feet to your left (south) and another 60 feet away to your right (north).

hinakiba777
01-21-2010, 08:10 AM
The door shuts behind me and I hear the click. I shoulder my bow and put the bolt back in the quiver.

"Well it looks as though we have two choices. Did you want to look at both doors together, or should we split up to check them before we make a choice. I really don't want to intrude on someone's "house" again."

JuniorMintz
01-21-2010, 09:19 AM
I think we should split up. What if you (pointing to Draggar's elf) and I checked to the north, and the rest of you the south?

Eric the Grey
01-21-2010, 12:05 PM
I think we should split up. What if you (pointing to Draggar's elf) and I checked to the north, and the rest of you the south?

The Dwarf speaks up and says, "I don't think it's a good idea to split up. We don't know what is behind those doors, and we may need all our strengths to overcome it if whatever it is isn't as cordial as the snake-haired woman in this room" pointing with his thumb at the door that just closed.


:cool: Eric the Grey

hinakiba777
01-22-2010, 04:59 AM
A soft chuckle escapes my lips. "Ha, Codial." I gently shrug my shoulders gently, "Though I suppose I wouldn't be quite so nice if someone was nosing around my door. I suppose."

Truthfully I didn't remember my feelings toward home anymore then I remembered home itself. I knew I desperately wanted to return, but beyond that my memory was blank. It was damn frustrating.

"I have to agree with the elf though, splitting up is probably a bad idea. Now that I think about it." The last part I add in haste, being aware I was the one who inquired about the idea in the first place.

JuniorMintz
01-22-2010, 09:11 AM
I raise my eyebrow, then give a slight shrug. "Right, then. I'll just check the door to the south then, if there are no objections."

Sarlon
01-22-2010, 09:27 PM
both doors look just about the same, no signs of recent traffic beyond your own, and nothing is heard beyond either door. Neither are locked and you're 98% certain the doors are not trapped.

draggar
01-23-2010, 12:21 AM
I listen to each door to see if I hear anything.

Sarlon
01-23-2010, 02:36 AM
boys and girls....today we learn what happens to players that do not pay attention!

you hear a fairly strong thump thump sound from what you have placed your ear to....sounds like a heart. When you pull away to tell the others what you hear, you realize why you have a crick in your neck....you somehow managed to put your ear to your own chest, and was listening to your own heart beat.

hinakiba777
01-23-2010, 06:50 AM
"How the bloody hell did you manage that?!"

I can't help screaming at the elf. I didn't know much about elves, or at least didn't remember much, but I was pretty sure they shouldn't be able to bend their necks like that. I can't help, but stare in complete confusion.

"I was almost totally sure nothing weird was going to happen, no matter which door we looked at. But then you did....THAT!!!"

A shudder of revulsion shakes me shoulder.

JuniorMintz
01-23-2010, 09:46 PM
"Would you be QUIET, PLEASE!" I snap in a hushed voice. "Don't we have enough problems as it is without disturbing *every* creature that may be lurking around this horrible place!"

I glare at her icily as I speak.

TelephoneAngel
01-23-2010, 09:49 PM
A non-playing lurking creature makes a horrible hissing noise to illustrate the last post.

;)

draggar
01-23-2010, 10:47 PM
boys and girls....today we learn what happens to players that do not pay attention!

I was paying attention but sometimes you can hear more if you try to listen as opposed to general noise coming from them. :p:D

Sarlon
01-24-2010, 01:10 AM
Draggar: Not when the DM wants things to move along.

hinakiba777
01-24-2010, 10:01 AM
"Oh, excuse me," I hiss out in a harsh whisper. "I will remember to keep my voice down next time someone in our group does something that seemingly defies the laws of nature. Though judging by your lack of reaction to his little listening trick, I'll just assume that elves can do that from now on."

I roll my eyes, and step toward the door. My impatience to get out increased by my new found distaste for the elf woman. 'Not that I liked her before,' I think to myself. "Now I'm almost positive that opening this door isn't going to result in our instantaneous deaths, so I'm going to open it."

I sprint to the door that was ten feet away from our original placement, and ease it open. With bated breath I look inside. (Spot Check)

Sarlon
01-24-2010, 01:48 PM
note: Door opens into the hallway with you but you see a long corridor stretching to your left and right seemingly without end.

JuniorMintz
01-24-2010, 08:14 PM
"Make all the assumptions you like, as long as you do it *quietly*."

Although I'm tempted to continue speaking, I decide against it as it's apparent she wouldn't listen anyway. I am annoyed not only by her relentless shrieking, but at her reaction to the male elf's attempt at listening beyond the door. I suppose I can't blame her too much for her narrow-minded view- she is a human, after all. Still, "natural" behaviors vary from race to race, and I do not appreciate the repulsed look on her face.

As the door opens without incident, I step through and look down both sides of the corridor. I briefly look to both sides before making my way right.

(Search check for the right side of the corridor.)

draggar
01-25-2010, 12:08 AM
I follow JM. (why not - she seems to know what she is doing)

Sarlon
01-25-2010, 12:25 AM
ok...right side...

you see 3 distinct passages off to the right all heading south. You'd guess there's about 20 feet betweeen each south facing entrance, and the first is about 40 feet away (thats from the door way itself.) You cannot see down each passage from your current position until you get closer to them.

Left side...
Corridor goes on for quite a distance, but about 100 feet down you see a door way.

JuniorMintz
01-25-2010, 06:44 AM
With a wink and a slightly amused look on my face, I acknowledge the elf. "And the next time you try listening out, can you do it without hurting yourself? I'm starting to get the impression you might have spooked our 'companion' over there.", I laugh in a whisper.

Still clutching my crossbow, I make my way to the left.

(Listen/Spot/Move Silently checks, please)

hinakiba777
01-25-2010, 07:39 AM
I stand at the cross roads and look down the left corridor. This is the way I wanted to go. The Path I wanted to examine. The door at the end of the hall seems like a good bet. Part of me wants to go right now, though. Only because the elf went left.I don't want to look like I'm difficult, because that could get me left behind, or my suggestions could be ignored. Moreover, I did want to go left anyway.

The internal debate only lasts a few moments. Finally, I decide to go with my feelings, and not concern myself with how my actions might look.

"I'm going to check the door," I murmur almost inaudibly. I begin to go down the hall, passing the elf woman.

(Listen/Spot/Move Silently checks, for me as well please)

Eric the Grey
01-25-2010, 07:44 AM
The Dwarf follows along quietly (as quietly as a dwarf in chain mail can move) behind the rest of the group, leaving it up to them to decide the next direction. He keeps his sword and shield ready in case they are needed.


:cool: Eric the Grey

JuniorMintz
01-25-2010, 08:05 AM
OOC: So, should we do a quick head count and see how many players are actually still with us? We seem to be missing a couple of people... :(

Sarlon
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
ok I'm confuzzled...

left side only has a door that is visible, and hina and JMare going down that way correct?

JuniorMintz
01-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Sarlon: If I understood your description from earlier, then yes that's correct.

Sarlon
01-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Hina....Going on the order you said it in this is what happens...

Listen: You don't hear much beyond a faint sound like a torch burning, but nothing out of the ordinary. Spot: nothing really new that you see. Move Silently: and move VERY quietly down the hallway to the door.

JM...Going on the same order (since thats how you posted it):

Listen: You don't hear anything out of the ordinary either. Spot: You SWEAR something like a dark creature is following you as you move down the hall, but everytime you turn to see it, it vanishes. You don't quite understand why the rest of the party is snickering at you since its an obvious threat till someone points out that you keep seeing your shadow (rolled a nat 1). Move Silently: Despite all this, you make very little more noise as you come up behind hina, though its obvious she heard you.

Eric...

Even for a dwarf your size and wearing the armor your wearing you move surpisingly light on your feet, and come up behind the two others with only a slight sound made every third step...that and you can't seem to contain a chuckle watching the elf try and attack her own shadow.

draggar
01-25-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm here and I've been following JM.

JuniorMintz
01-26-2010, 02:38 AM
Hina....Going on the order you said it in this is what happens...



JM...Going on the same order (since thats how you posted it):



Eric...

OOC: Wouldn't Hina's rolls have been mine though, since I posted first?

Although the thought of being spooked by my own shadow is pretty funny, I'll admit. :lol:

It's not like it matters much for now, since our characters have been primarily squabbling, but sorting out roll orders might be more important come combat time.

Sarlon
01-26-2010, 04:34 PM
oh hush :P

just post what you guys are doing now that your all at a door. Its a standard wood door with metal cross pieces. there is a door handle but no visble lock.

JuniorMintz
01-26-2010, 08:32 PM
:blah:

Now that I'm at the door, I'm going to listen and check for traps, then open it if I find nothing. If I do, I'll attempt to disable it first.

draggar
01-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Go for it.

Sarlon
01-26-2010, 10:56 PM
alright door opens with almost no trouble (didn't find traps) the hinges need a little oil and stick a little but you get the door open no problem.

This large room is divided into a maze like structure by stone partitions that stand about 8 feet tall, leaving a space of about 2 feet between them and the ceiling. The floor is littered basalt gravel and sand and the air carries a foul musty smell.

hinakiba777
01-27-2010, 06:29 AM
Once the elf opens the door I peer in behind her, taking a step back for a moment when I catch a whiff of the air. Covering my mouth with my cloak I examine the room from the door way. With a sigh, I step back again so others can take a look.

"It just had to be a maze," I murmur with a little exasperation. "Foul smelling one at that. I hoping the sticky hinges mean that the former of the causes in my head resulted in the stench. It would be unpleasant if it was the latter."

Eric the Grey
01-27-2010, 09:31 AM
"It just had to be a maze," I murmur with a little exasperation. "Foul smelling one at that. I hoping the sticky hinges mean that the former of the causes in my head resulted in the stench. It would be unpleasant if it was the latter."

The Dwarf looks around the others and says; "Maze? All I see is a bunch of walls..."



:cool: Eric the Grey

Sarlon
01-28-2010, 07:06 AM
alright everyone....DM has somehow LOST all of your character sheets, what I need is approved gear and weapon/armor lists either in my inbox or here on the forum, combat is coming up (if the almighty plot hook has to drag you all kicking and screaming into it then so be it), and you WANT me to do more then make up numbers!

Sarlon
02-01-2010, 02:17 AM
still waiting on character gear....Eric, Hina and someone wanting to join us has already submitted their gear....its not new stuff, its reminding me what you got.

draggar
02-01-2010, 10:22 AM
I don't think I had anything special, dagger, short sword, leather armor, etc.

JuniorMintz
02-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Leather armor, crossbow, and a dagger here.

Sarlon
02-11-2010, 03:37 AM
ladies....gentlemen....oh and you draggar...I have your sheets and am ready to procede! prepare to face DEATH!!!!! :whistle::potstir::devil:

erm I mean.... :angel:

as you listen and speak at the door the silence is broken by a VERY loud very human sounding scream, its coming from the left.

hinakiba777
02-12-2010, 03:56 AM
A shiver runs up my spine as I hear the scream coming form the room. My eyes flash back to the doorway, which I'm no longer standing near. A sense of morbid curiosity fills my brain. I want to know who's screaming, and what's causing it. On the other hand, I was not in the mood to martyr myself for a stranger. I decided it would be best to let the others decide a course of action.

Leaning against the wall, I shake my head. "Well, that certainly hints that the stench is coming from the latter. I was so hoping it was just mold and dead rats."

Sarlon
02-21-2010, 09:21 PM
CLEAR!

~attempts to revive the thread...then waits for reslts~

Eric the Grey
02-21-2010, 09:28 PM
I've been waiting for the fighter-types to move forward, but I suppose the healer of the group COULD take the lead and rush into a fight....



:cool: Eric the Grey
[and NO, that was not an action...]

Sarlon
02-21-2010, 09:30 PM
a blood curdling scream goes off in the room infront of you and you do nothing, no reaction, no nothing....you ain't human!

~revokes eric's human lisence~

draggar
02-21-2010, 09:36 PM
The question is do we think we can help whoever is screaming?

Eric the Grey
02-21-2010, 09:45 PM
a blood curdling scream goes off in the room infront of you and you do nothing, no reaction, no nothing....you ain't human!

~revokes eric's human lisence~

He ain't human, he's a Dwarf! :D



:cool: Eric the Grey

Sarlon
02-21-2010, 09:49 PM
ok...Mr The Grey....

You have offically made my day...I am laughing so hard right now that I'm crying!

I have no idea why that made me laugh so hard but thats right up there with the Squishy joke.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::salute::salute:

Good sir take yourself TWO hero points!

Eric the Grey
02-21-2010, 10:16 PM
ok...Mr The Grey....

You have offically made my day...I am laughing so hard right now that I'm crying!

I have no idea why that made me laugh so hard but thats right up there with the Squishy joke.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::salute::salute:

Good sir take yourself TWO hero points!

Hehe. I do try. Don't always succeed, but I do try. :D

If nobody speaks up by tomorrow morning, I'll do something...

:cool: Eric the Grey

hinakiba777
02-22-2010, 05:02 AM
If Eric doesn't make his morning reply by the time I get up tomorrow then my character is going to have to do something. Instead of my original plan to get the group consensus, as I earlier posted.

Sarlon
02-22-2010, 05:05 AM
~dm stands behind players holding the clue by 4 effectively blocking the way~

Eric the Grey
02-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Sorry, I got up late and had to run to class...

The Dwarf, after hesitating a few moments after the scream, draws his sword and pushes into the room beyond.

He looks around to try and determine which direction the sound came from.



:cool: Eric the Grey

Sarlon
02-23-2010, 01:14 AM
stepping fully into the room, you see a rather short human holding a bloody mace in one hand, a shield in the other, their back to you. S/he (can't tell from this angle since they have a helmet on), has their back back to you, and 2 dead large creatures lay near them. The human is engaged in combat with 2 more of the same creatures and seems to be wearing down already several bloody spots appearing on the armor.

far as you can tell they haven't noticed you yet.