PDA

View Full Version : Sonic -- now with hedgehog

Bella_Vixen
05-20-2009, 07:48 PM
The hell that is Green Bay is getting a Sonic this summer.

That is all.

:lol:

BookstoreEscapee
05-20-2009, 07:50 PM
I no haz Sonic. Why does Wisconsin get Sonic and New Jersey doesn't? <pout>

Irving Patrick Freleigh
05-20-2009, 08:02 PM
The hell that is Irv's city is supposed to be getting one too, at least according to a poster on the local newsrag's forum.

I haven't been able to confirm it from anybody else though.

We've already got something of a fast-food boom here. A&W opened up a month or so ago and a new Taco Bell is going up next to it.

Toujin
05-20-2009, 08:26 PM
We finally got a Sonic near my house early this year. Before that, the nearest ones were quite a distance, so when the commercials for them came on, it was like they were taunting us...

Fenrus
05-20-2009, 08:36 PM
I clicked this link, expecting a post about a hedgehog... I'm severely disappointed.

I've got a sonic next to my house, but the last time I ate there I got sick... I stick to the ice cream and drinks now.

goldaries13
05-20-2009, 08:53 PM
I clicked this link, expecting a post about a hedgehog... I'm severely disappointed.

I, too, am disappointed.

BookstoreEscapee
05-20-2009, 08:53 PM
OK, I lied...there are 2 in New Jersey...way down south, probably 1 1/2 - 2 hours from me. I see the commercials all the time, though.

protege
05-20-2009, 08:58 PM
I've been seeing Sonic commercials for years. Problem is, that up until now...there weren't any in Pittsburgh! In fact, even now, the *nearest* one to me is about 40 miles away.

Mr Slugger
05-20-2009, 09:55 PM
I, too, am disappointed.

Make that three. If you're going to say sonic i better see a hedgehog dammit :p

DGoddessChardonnay
05-20-2009, 10:19 PM
I've been seeing Sonic commercials for years. Problem is, that up until now...there weren't any in Pittsburgh! In fact, even now, the *nearest* one to me is about 40 miles away.

That royally sucks.:(

We's haz Sonic here in Greensboro for several years now . . . 3 of 'em (lost one last year). Luckily one is just a few minutes drive from me and does a good amount of business.

The Sonic Blast with M&M's is to die for :love:

sarasquirrel
05-20-2009, 10:26 PM
still none in new england...

:(

McGoddess09
05-20-2009, 10:52 PM
We're getting one, but in a city that's half an hour to 45 min away. I frequent the mall there, so it will be awesome!

AdminAssistant
05-20-2009, 11:10 PM
I just tried the Snicker's Blast - it's great! (And it freezes well, too, so you can save some for later.)

It was actually pretty funny. I had ordered the smaller size, but when the girl brought it out she said, "Sorry, but I accidentally made a large, is that okay?" "Um, so you're giving me extra ice cream for no extra money...and you're asking me if that's okay? Are you kidding?" She laughed, and said she had to ask, and I was really happy about the extra ice cream. I had dessert last night AND today. Woo-hoo!!

Bella_Vixen
05-20-2009, 11:33 PM
According to the local rag, Grand Chute, Appleton, Waukesha, Oak Creek, and Greenfield should also be getting locations, along with GB maybe getting more.

We won't be getting ours til Sept./Oct. *pout*

And for all the hedgehog lovers:

Irving Patrick Freleigh
05-21-2009, 12:31 AM
According to the local rag, Grand Chute, Appleton, Waukesha, Oak Creek, and Greenfield should also be getting locations, along with GB maybe getting more.

I think it also said the franchisee was contracted to build 29 locations in eastern Wisconsin alone.

So that would probably lend credibility to the rumors of Sonic coming here too.

Bella_Vixen
05-21-2009, 12:38 AM
I think it also said the franchisee was contracted to build 29 locations in eastern Wisconsin alone.

So that would probably lend credibility to the rumors of Sonic coming here too.

Works for me. :wave:

SG15Z
05-21-2009, 05:19 AM

:lol: Me too!

I've had a Sonic near me my whole life. They're ok. Not my favorite fast food join, but better than McDonalds, IMO.

tropicsgoddess
05-21-2009, 02:56 PM
The closest Sonics is in Boynton Beach for me. :cry:

BookstoreEscapee
05-21-2009, 11:40 PM
You can plant a tree (http://cuteoverload.com/2009/05/20/lets-plant-a-hedgehog-tree/) and have all the hedgehogs you want!

Or start a hedge fund (http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/09/15/funny-pictures-hedge-fund/).

Irving Patrick Freleigh
07-30-2009, 06:43 PM
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/4954/bumpwt8.jpg

The Sonic in Irv-ville is apparently a go. They have the land for the restaurant graded.

So I should be able to indulge in the groin-grabbing goodness that apparently is Sonic sometime this fall.

mandaliz8704
07-30-2009, 07:51 PM
The closest Sonics is in Boynton Beach for me. :cry:

I lived in Jupiter for 5 years and the Boynton Sonic was the closest one. I moved to PSL earlier this year and I was SO excited about there being a Sonic 5 minutes from me. I ate there a couple times and now I only go for the Oreo blasts.

The food is not that great. :( I guess nothing could stand up to 5 years of constant build-up though. :lol: