PDA

View Full Version : The Penguins Won!

hinakiba777
06-13-2009, 02:56 AM
I am so very happy to see Syd the Kid and the Penguins win the Stanley Cup. I can't believe we actually got to game 7. i don't remember the last time the Stanley Cup was down to game 7. INTENSE!

I am off to celebrate!

Greenday
06-13-2009, 03:14 AM
Shouldn't have taken them so many games in my opinion. I still hate Crosby.

hinakiba777
06-13-2009, 03:17 AM
Shouldn't have taken them so many games in my opinion. I still hate Crosby.

As a Nova Scotian, I'm required to dislike you now. Which is unfortunate.

Gravekeeper
06-13-2009, 03:54 AM
I'm not much for Pittsburgh, but I'm content as long as Detroit loses. -.-

Titi
06-13-2009, 05:28 AM
YESSSSSSSSS!

I am a big time Pens fan and I love that won. I'm just upset that I had to work tonight and miss it. :( But I saw the highlights and Fleury did and awesome job blocking those two shots at the end (not that he didn't do a great job blocking the rest of the game,) to see him block one shot and then turn around and block the rebound shot with that dive WOW!

irateguy
06-13-2009, 02:26 PM
get out of the fast lane grandma the bingo games about to start:)

kibbles
06-13-2009, 05:42 PM
The absolute best moment was Fleury blocking those last two shots, the seconds counting down, then everyone jumping on Fleury. Loved it! :) Love the Pens!

Gravekeeper
06-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Wow....just watched the highlights. They BOOED the presentation of the Stanley Cup?! BOOED it!?

GOD I hate Detroit fans. I hate them so much. Even more than I hate the team. ><

auntiem
06-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Wow....just watched the highlights. They BOOED the presentation of the Stanley Cup?! BOOED it!?

GOD I hate Detroit fans. I hate them so much. Even more than I hate the team. ><

They did?! I was watching it last night and totally missed that. Maybe they muted it on the US broadcast? or maybe there was too much yelling in my house to hear it.
Did they ever say what injury took Syd off the ice for awhile? I saw what happened, but didn't hear what the medics were checking - bruised ribs?

hinakiba777
06-13-2009, 08:52 PM
DUDE THEY BOOED! I wasn't really listening to the fans when the Cup was presented. I was out of the room just watching from afar.

But that is so lame. I mean, it's classless. Sometimes fans suck.

Peppergirl
06-13-2009, 10:15 PM
I am a rabid Detroit fan. I'm not a bandwagoner...I've been a fan since the dark days of the 80s. I was appalled at the booing, as were several of my Wings-fan friends.

Don't hate us all. :(

hinakiba777
06-14-2009, 12:03 AM
I am a rabid Detroit fan. I'm not a bandwagoner...I've been a fan since the dark days of the 80s. I was appalled at the booing, as were several of my Wings-fan friends.

that's why I just said fans in general. I have Wings fans friend.

Peppergirl
06-14-2009, 12:19 AM
How anyone could boo in the presence of that beautiful trophy is beyond me, regardless of the team it's being presented to. :lol:

<ducks and runs>

Dave1982
06-14-2009, 03:46 AM
i don't remember the last time the Stanley Cup was down to game 7.

Really? It's happened FIVE TIMES this decade alone!

2000-2001 Avalanche over Devils (RAY BOURQUE!!!!!)

2002-2003 Devils over Ducks

2003-2004 Tampa Bay over Calgary

2005-2006 Canes over Oilers

and of course

2008-2009 Penguins over Wings

All of those went to game 7.

Gravekeeper
06-14-2009, 06:15 AM

Well ok, but this is the only exception!

Its more the....its almost entitlement that the modern Detroit fan seems to have. That and the total lack of respect or class. Even for their own team at times. ><

My dislike of the team is mainly hold over grudge from the pre-salary cap days. ;p

hinakiba777
06-14-2009, 06:33 AM
Really? It's happened FIVE TIMES this decade alone!

2000-2001 Avalanche over Devils (RAY BOURQUE!!!!!)

2002-2003 Devils over Ducks

2003-2004 Tampa Bay over Calgary

2005-2006 Canes over Oilers

and of course

2008-2009 Penguins over Wings

All of those went to game 7.

Okay i'm going to give an Oh right for the first few. But I don't realyl think having to remember stuff that happened when I was 15 is fair. THAT WAS SO LONG AGO.

As for the Canes over Oilers. I didn't want the Playoffs in 2006. i was on the Grad committee, and the school play. I didn't watch TV at all from April until July.

Jester
06-14-2009, 04:10 PM
How anyone could boo in the presence of that beautiful trophy is beyond me, regardless of the team it's being presented to. :lol:

<ducks>

If it was presented to the Ducks, I could very easily boo. As a Coyotes fan, I despise the Anaheim Ducks.

Other than that, I agree with you. :lol:

Its more the....its almost entitlement that the modern Detroit fan seems to have.

I think you mean "Wings fan," as Detroit fans have had to deal with decline of the Pistons, the Tigers sucking far often than they haven't, and of course, the laughingstock of pro sports, the Lions. It is because of the Lions that I can cut the Detroit fan some slack when they root for the Wings, even though I myself was rooting for the Pens just because I am sick of the Wings always winning.

Although of course you know that this means that Pittsburgh fans are going to be insufferable, having just won both the Super Bowl and the Stanley Cup in the same year. Get ready for major egotism from the Steel City, folks!

protege
06-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Although of course you know that this means that Pittsburgh fans are going to be insufferable, having just won both the Super Bowl and the Stanley Cup in the same year. Get ready for major egotism from the Steel City, folks!

It's already started, Jester. Imagine having to *live* here--the assholes are already coming out of the woodwork. But, it could be worse. Just imagine if the Pirates ever win the pennant :eek: Yeah, like *that* has a chance of happening :p

But, the booing really did show just how low-class many Detroit fans are. They're pissed because not only their teams suck, but the city is declining too. You know, Pittsburgh went through a similar thing. Grow up and deal.

dmcglu82
06-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I live in Texas a fan of the Dallas Stars, but i'm orginally from Wheeling, WV, 80 miles south of Pittsburgh and I will always be a diehard Pens fan. Some what off topic but I remember going to see the Stars play the Pens in Dallas and being in heaven seeing my 2 teams play each other and for it to go to a shootout and, Syd the Kid score the game winning goal in the shootout was awesome.

kibbles
06-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Last year in Pittsburgh I don't believe there was any booing, and I believe most Pittsburgh fans stayed and watched the cup presentation and everything if I remember correct.