PDA

View Full Version : Why calling the police may not be such a good idea (long)

Dwight K. Schrute
10-16-2009, 06:16 PM
This incident happened a little over a year ago.

I was in my office in the middle of the day on a Wednesday when I received a phone call from a flustered manager of mine. Apparently a customer had come into the store irate and screaming that one of our drivers had parked in the handicap parking and that she was calling the police. As its policy to call the Area Director anytime the police are called from the store the manager immediately called me. I arrived at the store 20 minutes later.

When I arrived the screaming lady had left but the strip mall manager had arrived as the screaming lady had managed to call the mall management office. My manager informed us that driver in question was working for us but not as a driver. She had been in an accident three weeks prior (not on the job) and had badly injured her leg. The Store Manager had kept her on as a phone and counter person, positions that she could do while sitting on a stool. She had been issued a temporary handicap tag, the kind that hangs from your rear view mirror. At that time the police officer arrived.

The manager explained the situation to him and he went out to run the tag on our employees car. When he returned he confirmed that her tag was valid and she was allowed to park there. He then asked if we had any footage of the incident with the woman screaming. I, along with him and the mall manager went back to the store office and brought up the camera footage of the incident. Our cameras are great, good resolution, well placed, and have microphones so we can hear as well as see :D We saw the woman come in and immediately start screaming at the employee in question that she was going to have her arrested and her car towed and that she was calling the cops. She made such a scene that the two customers waiting in the lobby bolted out the door without ordering. The kicker was that upon viewing the footage the mall manager said he knew the woman.

He, the officer, and I went to his office where he brought up the security camera footage of the parking lot. He rewound to the point where we saw the woman exit her car, parked next to my employees in a handicap spot. The officer made a note of it and then the mall manager sped up the footage till we saw the woman exit my store and walk to the mall annex where there are offices. The mall manager explained that this woman worked in one of the offices and had complained to him multiple times that our drivers were taking up all the employee parking in the back. He told her multiple times that the parking back there is shared on a first come basis.

The officer went to the parking lot found her car and ran her tag. She had the same kind of tag as my employee except hers was registered to a mans name. The officer and the mall manager went down the annex to the offices and I returned to the store and had the manager begin writing her incident report. After ten minutes the officer and mall manager returned with the woman in tow. The officer asked my employee to confirm if it was the same woman that yelled at her which she did. The officer than asked if I would show the woman the footage of her yelling which we went to the office and did.

After it was all said and done it turned out that the woman was using her husbands tag to park in the handicap spot albeit without her husband with her. The officer explained to her that was a violation of the law and wrote her a $500 ticket for illegally parking in the handicap spot. The officer then wrote her a ticket for disorderly conduct for yelling in the store for which she would have to appear before a judge. Then they did something I really did not expect. The mall manager had the officer write her a trespass notice. Basically if she ever set foot on mall property again she would be arrested. She was in violation of the lease that governs the conduct of the employees of the lessee. He explained that her behavior was unacceptable and that if the company she worked for wanted to keep her it would have to be in a job that didn't require her presence at that office.

I felt bad because she was in tears by the end of it but I wasn't in a position to alter the outcome even if I wanted to. I did find out later that the company she worked for terminated her employment that week and that was the last we heard of her.

Soulstealer
10-16-2009, 06:41 PM
I know you feel bad for her but she brought this on herself.

Hobbs
10-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Vishnu karmically bitch-slapped her with all six hands in that one, eh?

Angry_Hippie
10-16-2009, 07:00 PM
What classic karma!

That is like a real life versions of Dave Chappelle's "When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong"!

I feel slightly bad for her because she got a full on shitstorm poured down on her, not like it was well deserved though.

What an EW! it's obvious that due to her not liking the way first come first served employee parking worked she decided she was entitled to use her husband's handicapped parking privileges without him present so she could park closer. She took the entitlement one step further by getting pissy that your co-worker was one handicapped space closer than her. Seems she didn't even bother to check if your co-worker had the right to park there (is there a placard she hangs from her rearview?). EW then decided to play bad-ass vigilante have a screaming fit in your store calling the cops and telling the co-worker she would be arrested and have her car towed (I bet she was even hoping co-worked would lose her job). The good old karma kicks in with the bitch slap and EW ends up getting caught in her own lie, a nice hefty fine, a court appearance, banned from the mall, and losing her job. WOW!

Kudos to your manager for writing the trespass (in this economy you can't have idiots who scare potentially good customers from your store).

As a handicapped person (cerebral palsy) I haven't had a placard since I was a little kid (my funny walk made distances hard back then). I personally choose not to use handicapped spaces because for me I don't need it (I've grown up to be a public transportation rebel who owns a car but rarely uses it and I enjoy my nice long walks everyday and am physically able to do them) but I rabidly support the rights of people who really do need the space. Scum who abuse handicapped parking spaces out of laziness deserve fines and whatever other consequences come their way. The are called handicapped parking for a reason, if they were for lazy douche-bags they'd be called "lazy douche-bag entitlement whore parking".

Mottom24
10-16-2009, 07:17 PM
you have no reason to feel bad, because she brought it down on herself. lets hope she learns a few things from this...

1. don't feel entitled to something that isn't yours to begin with

2. don't lie to someone and threaten to bring law enforcement in if you know you're lying.

3.don't use someone elses tags thinking it works for anyone who uses them. I could steal a police officers badge, but that doesn't give me the right to pull people over.

4. no matter how upset you may be, don't yell/harrass someone. it can get you into more trouble.

of course what she probably learned from this was...

1. they are selfish and keep all the spaces to themselves on prupose!
2. they are working with the police! probably paid them off too!
3. I know the law, that police officer is wrong, no matter how much training he got, I can use those tags! liers!
4. I never yelled! those cameras just raised the volume to hear me.

and she'll tell everyone she knows she was in the right all along... never fails

LillFilly
10-16-2009, 07:20 PM
So Awesome!

That story made my day! :love:

seigus
10-16-2009, 07:55 PM
(in this economy you can't have idiots who scare potentially good customers from your store)

Wow! An "in this economy" statement that actually makes sense!

tropicsgoddess
10-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Serves her right.

mandaliz8704
10-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Vishnu karmically bitch-slapped her with all six hands in that one, eh?

:roll: Awesome visual.

ditchdj
10-16-2009, 08:54 PM
I felt bad because she was in tears by the end of it but I wasn't in a position to alter the outcome even if I wanted to. I did find out later that the company she worked for terminated her employment that week and that was the last we heard of her.

Sounds to me like a classic case of a nasty bitch getting herself a few "attitude tickets". I wouldn't feel sorry for her. If it were reversed do you think she'd feel bad for you losing your job???

RavenStarr
10-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I just wish I could see all this on film.

wildman
10-16-2009, 09:26 PM
I just wish I could see all this on film.

Now, that would be cool!

RecoveringKinkoid
10-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Good.

No sympathy.

In fact, I wish that, in the end of it all, she'd stepped in dogshit.

You know why? Because as loathesome as what she did was, what's even more loathesome to me is the fact that as the wife of a handicapped man, she should know full well how much it sucks when someone who does not need it parks in a handicapped space.

God save us all from karma this perfect.

EvilEmpryss
10-16-2009, 11:24 PM
She doesn't deserve any sympathy whatsoever. People need to learn that they aren't allowed to go ape-sh!t on people and not expect there to be repercussions. Her right to be outraged ended first with her public display of ass and then with her hypocrisy.

I'm handicapped, and I have the plates (not the tag) on one of my vehicles, but even so, my husband isn't allowed to use the handicapped parking spaces if I'm not in the car.

Which led to him getting bitched out by a woman in a Wally World parking lot: He took a sweet parking spot right next to the gimp spot on a very busy day (he says the lot was packed!). As he got out, the woman in the car behind him proceeded to park in the middle of the lane, get out, and give him what-for for not using the empty gimp spot. She actually followed him to the entrance insisting that he go back and move the car! She just could not understand that he wasn't disabled and wasn't allowed to park there.

Frankly, I'm glad the crazy nut didn't key the car out of anger.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
10-16-2009, 11:29 PM
PWNED.

You have to admire the chutzpah that goes into blatantly breaking the law and then calling the cops who can catch you breaking said law, and pity the stupidity that goes into it.

Talon
10-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Smart money says the EW's crying was a cynical ploy for sympathy. But even if it wasn't, she dug her own grave. The crocodiles are more deserving of tears than she.

EvilEmpryss
10-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Ooo! I don't suppose you could, I don't know, use a cell phone to record the playback of the video and post it, could you? Please? Pretty please?

If begging doesn't work, then I triple dog dare you! :devil:

bainsidhe
10-17-2009, 01:12 AM
Up until the trespassing thing, the result was excellent. I'm a bit upset about the last part, because it seemed a bit vindictive. Then again, I don't act like a raving a-hole on my employer's property, so this is a case of Karma biting back.

Sacknahalf05
10-17-2009, 02:51 AM
I'm not a betting woman, but I'd put a few dollars up that she's sitting around, crying about it, "Those people ganged up on me" or some crap. It couldn't possibly be her behavior that brought this on :rolleyes:

When it comes down to it, if you're gonna make a scene, make sure all your crap is in order first!

Dwight K. Schrute
10-17-2009, 02:56 AM
Up until the trespassing thing, the result was excellent. I'm a bit upset about the last part, because it seemed a bit vindictive. Then again, I don't act like a raving a-hole on my employer's property, so this is a case of Karma biting back.

I too thought it was a bit much but every store in that strip mall has a clause in their lease that covers the conduct of the employees of the lessee the mall manager was within his rights to have her banned. I would have been content with a simple ban from my store but he did deal with her before and maybe this was the final straw.

EvilEmpryss- I wish I could post the video of this and other incidents but our camera footage is only stored for two weeks before its written over. For legal reasons I can't post the footage we do save, sorry.

EvilEmpryss
10-17-2009, 03:40 AM
Drat. :(

It would be sooooo funny, though. ;)

Seshat
10-17-2009, 04:07 AM
as the wife of a handicapped man, she should know full well how much it sucks when someone who does not need it parks in a handicapped space.

That hadn't occurred to me.

As he got out, the woman in the car behind him proceeded to park in the middle of the lane, get out, and give him what-for for not using the empty gimp spot.

!!!!!!

I am speechless!

Damien
10-17-2009, 06:34 AM
she got what she deserved - hope she suffered in no small way

Ben_Who
10-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, I give you: the Humiliation Conga, (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HumiliationConga) in all its glory.

It did seem a bit much that she'd lose her job over throwing a fit over a parking space, but any sympathy I might feel for her is tempered by the fact that I have a feeling that if she'd really wanted to, she could have kept her job. No one is completely insensitive to mercy if the remorse is genuine. (Unless her boss was a complete dick.) This raises the possibility that this woman has a history of intermittent explosive disorder, and therefore a record of toeing the line of the appropriate, to the point where no one was really interested in an appeal.

The rest of it is pretty much deserved. $500 is appropriate for parking in a handicap spot, but it's a pretty hard whack to any middle-class wallet.

Love, Who?

AccountingDrone
10-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Actually, her husband could have also gotten the handicapped placcard/tags revoked for abuse.

I have the plates on my car, and a placard for when I am with someone else or in a rental.

Nobody borrows my placard, and nobody else drives my car, unless I am in it and cant drive for one reason or another. If I am driving and we stop somewhere, I don't park in a gimp spot unless I am going in myself.

Ben_Who
10-17-2009, 05:00 PM
I dated a disabled woman in college, and she had a placard that she'd hang from my rear-view mirror when we went out. Since I was still young and stupid, I'd never actually heard of such a thing (just the plates) and was sometimes a little nervous that someone would call me on it, but over time I not only learned all the rules for handicapped parking spaces, but also to despise people who used those spaces without a placard or plate. Couldn't they see those spots were for MY girlfriend?

I have a friend who always gets cranky when someone who doesn't "look" disabled uses those plates. I try to tell him that not all disabilities are visible from the outside (my mother has rheumatoid arthritis in her knees) and that, according to Maine law, those plates are NOT easy to get. (You need all kinds of documentation.) It confounds me that anyone who lives with someone who does have those plates would dare misuse them. That must be the least sympathetic woman in the world.

Love, Who?

nuthing12
10-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Absolutely. Bloody. Brilliant.

I truly want to send that manager and officer a Christmas gift.

elsporko
10-17-2009, 06:35 PM
The firing is a bit much, but the lady must have a history of this sort of thing for that extreme of a punishment.

Primer
10-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Question (to which I should already know the answer, but I don't):

DH, Step-daughter and I each have our own (wheelie) plates on each of our own vehicles. Rarely, one of us will use somebody else's vehicle. Since we each have our own, and can be verified, could we get in trouble if using that of another family member? Somehow, using a hangtag with a wheelie plate seems like overkill to me.

I'll have to remember to ask the next time I get a license tag renewed.

Soulstealer
10-18-2009, 12:48 PM
I would guess part of the reason she was fired is that she can no longer work on location. Could she have been transferred to a different one? Maybe. That's up to her management and probably past behavior. Maybe it was a little harsh in some people's opinions but she was the one that not only broke the law but yelled at and called the police on someone who actually needed to space.

EvilEmpryss
10-18-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm guessing that if the woman had been properly contrite, she could have made the rounds with a serious apology that may have gotten her out of everything but the handicapped parking fine. If it had been me, and my job was on the line (everyone say it with me) "in this economy", I would have at least tried to get the trespassing thing lifted with an apology.

Primer: I'm disabled with both a plate and a plaque. My guess would be that while it is technically not good (and probably illegal) for you to use someone elses' gimp plate, the fact that you are also properly tagged on your own car may be a mitigating factor that would keep you from getting fined. You would probably have to go before a judge to prove it, especially if you're driving the vehicle of someone of the opposite gender, but seeing as you're all part of the same family and all handicapped, I don't *think* a judge would impose the fine. I'm no lawyer, though, and your local may have very strict rules. No harm calling the police and asking.

Mikkel
10-18-2009, 01:22 PM
"in this economy", I would have at least tried to get the trespassing thing lifted with an apology.
A bit over a year ago "this economy" wasn't as bad as now. I prefer to think that she got a new job soon, wiser and poorer. :D
It may have been the last straw for her boss as well as for Dwight K. Schrutes manager.

Dwight K. Schrute
10-18-2009, 01:39 PM
A bit over a year ago "this economy" wasn't as bad as now. I prefer to think that she got a new job soon, wiser and poorer. :D
It may have been the last straw for her boss as well as for Dwight K. Schrutes manager.

Reading some of the comments posted here has made me think that she was, as said by Mikkel, down to her last "straw" with her boss and the mall management. Remember she had been to the mall manager several times before to complain about my drivers parking and I can't believe she was always polite and sunny when making these complaints. The mall manager did recognize her and not in a good way. She also probably had irritated her boss and co-workers to the point they were looking for a reason to get rid of her, Anyone as irrational as to call the cops when they themselves were not following the law could not have been the best employee in the office.

I think thats probably the most likely reason for her being fired. I have to go give an inspection on that location this week so while I'm there I'll stop by the mall managers office and see if he'll confirm some of our suspicions about this woman.

EvilEmpryss
10-18-2009, 02:25 PM
I can't wait to hear how that turns out.

nuthing12
10-18-2009, 04:46 PM

I'm not sure sure why you'd feel bad for her? She got her just desserts the same as anyone else in that position would deserve them. I guess some people have too big a heart for people like that. I'd laugh in her face.

Andara Bledin
10-19-2009, 07:35 PM
And this, my friends, serves to illustrate the point that you don't sh|t where you eat, as it were.

^-.-^

draftermatt
10-19-2009, 08:15 PM
I have a friend who always gets cranky when someone who doesn't "look" disabled uses those plates. I try to tell him that not all disabilities are visible from the outside

Exactly. My Grandmother-in-law is 80 years old and has heart problems, so she has Handicap tags. To look at her she looks great, but what you don't know is that a long walk through a parking lot will cause her more harm than good.

Nohbody
10-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Exactly. My Grandmother-in-law is 80 years old and has heart problems, so she has Handicap tags. To look at her she looks great, but what you don't know is that a long walk through a parking lot will cause her more harm than good.

To be fair, for someone in their 80s, many would be more willing to believe that they're not as healthy as they used to be, and thus less likely to bitch about them using handicap parking spaces.

(Yes, some would complain anyway, but that's not exactly an unknown phenomenon on this site, where some of the worst of the shopping public gets highlighted. They're not the norm, though.)

Akasa
10-20-2009, 09:52 AM
My best friend went blind at 19 and the outraged people we would get for us to park in handicapped spots was amazing. Cause "you don't look handicapped."

See her clinging to my right arm? I'm her guide. With me she can tell where to stop, when to go, I can stop her if children dart out in front of us, tell her when there it a step up or down, and move her around those damned displays in the middle of the isles.

drunkenwildmage
10-20-2009, 01:16 PM
She doesn't deserve any sympathy whatsoever. People need to learn that they aren't allowed to go ape-sh!t on people and not expect there to be repercussions. Her right to be outraged ended first with her public display of ass and then with her hypocrisy.

I'm handicapped, and I have the plates (not the tag) on one of my vehicles, but even so, my husband isn't allowed to use the handicapped parking spaces if I'm not in the car.

Which led to him getting bitched out by a woman in a Wally World parking lot: He took a sweet parking spot right next to the gimp spot on a very busy day (he says the lot was packed!). As he got out, the woman in the car behind him proceeded to park in the middle of the lane, get out, and give him what-for for not using the empty gimp spot. She actually followed him to the entrance insisting that he go back and move the car! She just could not understand that he wasn't disabled and wasn't allowed to park there.

Frankly, I'm glad the crazy nut didn't key the car out of anger.

I've had this same thing happen to me also.. ( I think it was also at a Wally World) I was driving my wife's car, (which also has Handicap plates) and got bitched out by someone for taking up a "Regular spot Needlessly" :confused:

Regarding the Using Someone Else's Permit.. Take a look what happen at a auto race in '03.

Disabled Parking Sting at Chicagoland Speedway

source: http://www.ccdionline.org/newsletter.php?article_id=4&

draftermatt
10-20-2009, 01:56 PM
To be fair, for someone in their 80s, many would be more willing to believe that they're not as healthy as they used to be, and thus less likely to bitch about them using handicap parking spaces.

True, but despite her being 80 she looks all of 65 so...

protege
10-20-2009, 03:32 PM
To look at her she looks great, but what you don't know is that a long walk through a parking lot will cause her more harm than good.

I know what that's like. My grandmother will turn 93 in January, and doesn't get around very well at times. Usually, she's in a wheelchair. If I take her our, most people are pretty damn nice, and don't mind the car sitting in the fire lane for a bit while I wheel her inside a restaurant. Usually, they'll even open the doors for us. "Us," because I have to push her chair--because of her auto accident 15 years ago, she can't push her own chair.

But, every now and then, I get to deal with some asshole. Usually, because I've "taken up two parking spots," because at Eat N Park, I'll park on the end of the aisle, with the driver's side of the car over the line, and into the triangular area (that *isn't a spot to begin with!). I have to do that, because otherwise, there's not enough room to open the car door, and get Grandma into her chair.

If it's not that, I get someone blasting their horn because I'll pull up outside the restaurant, put the hazards on, and wheel Grandma inside. At least I'm nice enough that I won't *totally* block the entry way, but still.

Nearly every damn weekend, it never fails, and it's almost *always* some old fool in a Cadillac or Buick, who just can't wait to get that "cheap" food on the buffet :rolleyes: Respect Grandma's chair...or I'll put you in one!

MrsEclipse
10-20-2009, 04:44 PM
A recent article from the Suburban Chicago News quoted an irate 27-year-old stripped of a placard as telling an officer he was “screwing over” his 80-year-old disabled mother. The officer replied, “No, you screwed over your 80-year-old mother by taking her placard.”

source: http://www.ccdionline.org/newsletter.php?article_id=4&

I love this response, because I hate this situation.

You did something you weren't supposed to. I did what I am supposed to do. Therefore, I'm the one who's in the wrong. Yyssw. NOT.

I see it all the time in sitcoms and it usually makes for a wallbanger episode, but when it happens in real life it totally hackles my bacon. I love this response and I love everyone who says it.

trailerparkmedic
10-20-2009, 06:04 PM
People who abuse handicapped tags make me :rant:

I am actually quite happy that this lady got fired. She sounds like she had been causing problems for awhile, especially since I can't imagine her getting a trespass notice just for this incident.

Shalom
10-20-2009, 07:02 PM
A recent article from the Suburban Chicago News quoted an irate 27-year-old stripped of a placard as telling an officer he was “screwing over” his 80-year-old disabled mother. The officer replied, “No, you screwed over your 80-year-old mother by taking her placard.”

Am I the only one that finds this placard-abuser's story somewhat unlikely? If accurate, his mom would have to have been 53 when she gave birth to him. Wonder if he was just making things up in an attempt to shop for sympathy (although if so it would seem he went to the wrong store, and serves him right too).

taxguykarl
10-20-2009, 07:25 PM
You caught that too. It was probably a fake.

But as for the OP, that loudmouth got what she had coming to her.

Andara Bledin
10-20-2009, 08:46 PM
I love this response, because I hate this situation.

You did something you weren't supposed to. I did what I am supposed to do. Therefore, I'm the one who's in the wrong. Yyssw. NOT.
Yup. That was my favorite part of the article. That cop wasn't about to let that jerk slough the responsibility off on anyone else.
Am I the only one that finds this placard-abuser's story somewhat unlikely? If accurate, his mom would have to have been 53 when she gave birth to him. Wonder if he was just making things up in an attempt to shop for sympathy (although if so it would seem he went to the wrong store, and serves him right too).
My bet is that he was wildly exaggerating on her age (and likely doesn't actually know the real number). The cop's response makes me think the placard was legit, just not the person using it.

^-.-^

excuse me??
10-20-2009, 08:57 PM
What goes around, comes around

EvilEmpryss
10-20-2009, 11:55 PM
I have a friend who teaches at the local college, and they're having a problem with guys on the football and lacrosse teams(!!!) "borrowing" their disabled family members' plaques so they can use the gimp places to go to class.

Yes, even when they're wearing their sports gear and heading to a game.

Irving Patrick Freleigh
10-21-2009, 03:06 AM
I have a friend who teaches at the local college, and they're having a problem with guys on the football and lacrosse teams(!!!) "borrowing" their disabled family members' plaques so they can use the gimp places to go to class.

Yes, even when they're wearing their sports gear and heading to a game.

I seem to recall members of the UCLA football team pulling such a stunt some years back.

Rapscallion
10-21-2009, 11:16 AM
May be facing the invisible disability thing myself. I'm forty and just got diagnosed with osteo-arthritis in the knees. Left one's back to normal, but the right is a bugger just now.

Thankfully, I do look pretty old, so I should be able to pull this off :D

Not that I have a disabled badge, or anything.

Rapscallion

Soulstealer
10-21-2009, 07:50 PM
May be facing the invisible disability thing myself. I'm forty and just got diagnosed with osteo-arthritis in the knees. Left one's back to normal, but the right is a bugger just now.

So I could potentially outrun you?

Nohbody
10-21-2009, 10:42 PM
So I could potentially outrun you?

But your account here can't. :D

Soulstealer
10-21-2009, 11:11 PM
But your account here can't. :D

That's okay, as long as I'm free and clear with the ice cream I stole from raps.

Dwight K. Schrute
10-22-2009, 04:19 PM
So I went to the store in question yesterday and gave my inspection after which I went to the office of the mall manager and had a nice little chat about that crazy lady.

It turns out she had been a regular pain in the ass for the mall management complaining about not only us but several of the other tenants all over real petty stuff. The manager said it had gotten so bad that his assistant sent the office she worked for a letter asking her boss to restrain her from making these constant complaints. When the incident happened the manager simply used it as an excuse to get rid of an on going headache. Her boss also used it as good cause to get rid of her.

While we never heard from her she had her lawyer send both the manager and her former employer letters stating she intended to file a lawsuit but the mall manager said his attorney managed to quash any action against the mall real quick. He doesn't know what happened with the any suit against her former employer as they left the mall at the end of their lease.

Given all that I have learned and what has been said I feel absolutely no sympathy for her. She's crazy and is probably making some other poor souls lives miserable.

Mikkel
10-22-2009, 06:59 PM
I thought so. Then I won't feel bad either. :wave:

eltf177
10-22-2009, 07:16 PM
It turns out she had been a regular pain in the ass for the mall management complaining about not only us but several of the other tenants all over real petty stuff. The manager said it had gotten so bad that his assistant sent the office she worked for a letter asking her boss to restrain her from making these constant complaints. When the incident happened the manager simply used it as an excuse to get rid of an on going headache. Her boss also used it as good cause to get rid of her.

That's exactly what I figured, that she'd done this before a _lot_ and that this ended up being the excuse/reason to get rid of her for good.

Pity, but she brought it on herself...

jackfaire
10-23-2009, 05:33 AM

My grandmother, and this was before all those fertility drugs, gave birth to my mom when she was 48. It is possible for women to give birth later in life just used to not be common.

My grandma born 1910 was a rebel she didn't marry until she was 40 and lived life on her own terms. Woman was my hero.

dalesys
10-23-2009, 04:20 PM
My ex-wife is 57 with 8 & 15 year-olds. Ours are 24 to 37 & a 14 yo grandson.

Rapscallion
10-25-2009, 11:18 AM
That's okay, as long as I'm free and clear with the ice cream I stole from raps.

That ... wasn't ice cream, and the hospital may be wanting it back.

Rapscallion

Soulstealer
10-25-2009, 12:34 PM
That ... wasn't ice cream, and the hospital may be wanting it back.

Rapscallion

It came in a label saying ice cream on the food tray. I'm not silly enough to take unknown substances from a hospital.

Rapscallion
10-25-2009, 12:53 PM
I need better hired help and a stomach pump.

Rapscallion