PDA

View Full Version : Secret Soups

zara1269
01-12-2010, 05:51 PM
I was working the front register at the restaurant I work at today. This guy comes up to the counter and asks me what kind of soup we have today.

G: Guy
M: Me

G: What kind of soups you got today?
M: Chicken Noodle, Hearty Vegetable, and Cream of Cauliflower.
G: I'll have potato bacon.
M: I'm sorry we don't have that today. We only have the three soups I listed.
G: Do I have to pay more for Potato Bacon?
M: *Head counter* I'm sorry we're all out. We only have Chicken Noodle, Hearty Vegetable, and Cream of Cauliflower.
G: Ok I guess I don't want anything.
M::wave:

Apparently he thought we had some secret stash of soup that we only gave to extra special folks.

depechemodefan
01-12-2010, 06:31 PM
I can understand the first time the person asked, after you listed all the3 soups you have, if you have potato bacon. Just in case you forgot you had it (sigh). But to keep on asking for it is just f*(&ing stupid.

Though now I want potato bacon soup. I have a can of potato soup, and I just bought some bacon. I also have some tocino, which I can cook up too for the soup...mmmm.

Food Lady
01-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I had to explain to this guy 4 or 5 times that his coupon would only work on Sandwhich A or B, not Sandwhich C.

ApolloSZ
01-12-2010, 08:27 PM
But you should have had some "out the back" :angel: *hides* :ashamed:

Camry178
01-12-2010, 09:17 PM
That's the "special soup" that's kept under the counter. :D

Flying Grype
01-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I think I know where you work. Love the cream of cauliflower and the broccoli cheese.

dougall
01-12-2010, 09:32 PM
How about Hearty Vegetable with a Bacon Sandwich to dip in it? :)

EvilEmpryss
01-12-2010, 11:04 PM
G: I'll have potato bacon.
G: Do I have to pay more for Potato Bacon?
M: *Head counter* I'm sorry we're all out. We only have Chicken Noodle, Hearty Vegetable, and Cream of Cauliflower.

G: Oh, ok. Then I'll have Black Bean.
G: Hmm, really? Then I guess I'll have the French Onion.
M: I'm sorry we don't have that today. We only have Chicken Noodle, Hearty Vegetable, and Cream of Cauliflower.
G: Oh, sorry, I didn't catch that the first time. I'll try the Clam Chowder.

Eventually either you get a concussion from slamming your head into the counter or he makes his way far enough through the menu that he gets to one of the three soups you listed. :devil:

The scary thing is that I've seen this happen. I had mercifully blocked it out of my memory until your story brought it all rushing back. :cry:

ShadowTiger
01-12-2010, 11:22 PM
But you should have had some "out the back" :angel: *hides* :ashamed:

I send him next door for the soup. It doesn't matter if it's a crafts store or a hardware store. THAT'S the one thing he believes!?

Mnemjian
01-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Ah, yesh, I see what the problem was! When you listed the three types of soups you had, all he heard was "Baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbacon." A common mistake :p

zara1269
01-13-2010, 01:45 AM
G: Oh, ok. Then I'll have Black Bean.
G: Hmm, really? Then I guess I'll have the French Onion.
M: I'm sorry we don't have that today. We only have Chicken Noodle, Hearty Vegetable, and Cream of Cauliflower.
G: Oh, sorry, I didn't catch that the first time. I'll try the Clam Chowder.

Eventually either you get a concussion from slamming your head into the counter or he makes his way far enough through the menu that he gets to one of the three soups you listed. :devil:

The scary thing is that I've seen this happen. I had mercifully blocked it out of my memory until your story brought it all rushing back. :cry:

Sorry for that. It wasn't really a suck just a WTF custy moment. Plus I forgot to mention we have the soups of the day listed on the menu which I physically pointed out.

I often hear the words bacon as well. I love bacon. It's meat candy.

Andara Bledin
01-13-2010, 03:10 AM
I think I know where you work. Love the cream of cauliflower and the broccoli cheese.
Mmm... The broccoli cheese is really good.

^-.-^

Mr Hero
01-13-2010, 03:15 AM
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

lwb
01-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Perhaps you should direct the customer to this (http://www.baconsalt.com) site

zara1269
01-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Perhaps you should direct the customer to this (http://www.baconsalt.com) site

That product is all sorts of wrong but so so right at that same time. I might have to get some. It would be great on popcorn.

elsporko
01-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Be honest, you would have given him the potato bacon if he gave you the secret handshake, right?

Imogene
01-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Be honest, you would have given him the potato bacon if he gave you the secret handshake, right?

If the secret handshake includes turning 180, walking forward... eh... two miles, and finding your nearest grocery store, and buying potato bacon soup, then yes.

42_42_42
01-13-2010, 10:46 PM
That product is all sorts of wrong but so so right at that same time. I might have to get some. It would be great on popcorn.

How the HELL is a BACON flavored condiment vegetarian and kosher?????

EvilEmpryss
01-14-2010, 12:37 AM

"Bacon-flavor" does not in any way guarantee that there was any actual pork product used in the making of the flavoring. That's how they make those little soy-bacon crispies that once-meat-eating veggies can put on their salad. :D

I wouldn't say they compare favorably to *real* bacon bits, but they're sometimes better than nothing.

zara1269
01-14-2010, 01:15 AM

Heck yeah! We only keep it for the extra special customers who know what the secret is.

Apparently we have all sorts of menu items that we don't make available to the general public. We will have custy's instead of asking if we have a specific donut will ask us to list the over 15 that we do have and then ask if we have one we didn't list. It's not really sucky just a tad annoying and a time suck.

MrPibbsRevenge
01-14-2010, 05:57 AM
The soup is a lie! :eek:

Broomjockey
01-15-2010, 10:57 PM

EE pretty much covered it, but your...enthusiasm in this query compels me to point out that unless any foodstuff says "Real *insert item* flavouring," it's chemically flavoured, or flavoured with something roughly approximating the proper flavour. There's regulations and laws about what can be put on packaging and in advertising, as we all know, so if it just says "*item* flavoured, it won't have any of *item,* or else they'd play it up more. Check ingredients panels on stuff next time you're shopping. You'd be surprised.

donruss
01-16-2010, 02:14 AM
EPIC FAIL with the Jedi mind trick!!! YOU LOSE SIR, GOOD DAY!!!:wave:

Cookies for all who get the reference!:angel:

Ironclad Alibi
01-16-2010, 02:37 AM
YOU LOSE SIR, GOOD DAY!!!

That part is from Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067992/) (Gene Wilder version).

DGoddessChardonnay
01-16-2010, 08:37 PM
That's the "special soup" that's kept under the counter. :D

I'm surprised it wasn't stashed in the bathroom in one of the toilets.:eek:

dalesys
01-16-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm surprised it wasn't stashed in the bathroom in one of the toilets.:eek:
That's our Sourdough Soup. We have to renew the starter for every batch.:devil: