PDA

View Full Version : " ok? is that all you have to say???" OK??"

Bright_Star
02-10-2010, 01:22 AM
So I'm on the door checking receipts when this lady comes up but before she gets anywhere near me, this guy cuts in front of her & I check his receipt & off he goes. Then the lady that he cut in front of comes up to me & hands me her receipt. She then says.."I was here first! He cut in front of me! What do you have to say about that?"
The only thing I could think of to say was "ok". She gave me a nasty look & said..OK?? is that all you have to say, OK????" Then as she was leaving she glared at me & I gave her a nasty look.
So what else was I supposed to say or do? Store was packed with people cause of the upcoming snow storm & I didn't feel like creating a scene.

dalesys
02-10-2010, 01:24 AM
"Sorry. I left my Jello Police badge at home.":D

Aisling
02-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Honestly? "I'm sorry, ma'am, but getting him out of the store seemed preferrable to his staying and causing a scene" probably would have worked a lot better.

Remember, "I'm sorry" doesn't always mean "I'm sorry I did something wrong"; it can mean "I'm sorry shit happens" too. ;)

Grrrrrrr
02-10-2010, 01:31 AM
So what else was I supposed to say or do?

Yeah, really. Did she expect you to call a manager or something? What did she really expect you to say? "Another customer who has already left the store was a bit rude. Should we get the tear gas and police dogs?"

Oh, I know! You should have followed him BACK to his car before giving him a good talking to.

Bright_Star
02-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Honestly? "I'm sorry, ma'am, but getting him out of the store seemed preferrable to his staying and causing a scene" probably would have worked a lot better.

Remember, "I'm sorry" doesn't always mean "I'm sorry I did something wrong"; it can mean "I'm sorry shit happens" too. ;)

When you got people staring at you, saying something like that is hard to articulate.

jjllbb
02-10-2010, 03:05 AM
When you got people staring at you, saying something like that is hard to articulate.

totally agree. It's the come-back effect. The perfect thing to say never comes to mind first. It only comes along once the situation is long gone.

You were in a no win situation. Happens all the time with line jumpers. Get the person cut off screaming at you or the person who did the cutting screaming at you.

People suck. I hate them.

ShadowTiger
02-10-2010, 03:57 AM
After some thought, I might have said "Yeah, he should have been going slower." I am curious now.

thehippie777
02-10-2010, 09:57 AM
"I am not here to babysit anyone, especially adults, mam."

tollbaby
02-10-2010, 01:26 PM
I have to go with Aisling on this one. WOuld have been polite to at least acknowledge that the previous guy was a douche, even if you did nothing wrong.

Sheldonrs
02-10-2010, 10:56 PM
"...OK?? is that all you have to say, OK????" ...

How about "Ok bitch?"

depechemodefan
02-10-2010, 11:41 PM
I think, "do you want me to call the wah-bulance?" wouldn't have made her happy,.

Aisling
02-11-2010, 12:42 PM

Practicing beforehand helps.

RavenStarr
02-11-2010, 04:16 PM
I think she would have been pissed no matter what you said.

Looking back on it though, would you have said something different?

Bright_Star
02-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I think she would have been pissed no matter what you said.

Looking back on it though, would you have said something different?

Good question. IF I were to have said something different then it wouldn't be pretty...lol.