View Full Version : Top 10 workplace annoyances!
02-14-2010, 04:58 AM
I work in a store so most of these don't apply to me, but I am in full agreement on the bathroom one (sometimes it feels like I'm the only who cares about cleaning it), the leaving crap in the fridges (this was a major problem at my call center job) and the grumpy coworkers.
02-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Slow computers...check. Gossip in the office...check. I think they should add on there people who constantly come in late or call out (that one really pisses me off) as well as people who do half ass job.
02-14-2010, 11:17 PM
You know what's funny? None of these apply to me! YAY!
02-14-2010, 11:45 PM
what's funny is that... let's see just how many apply to the various commands i've worked at...
6 out of 10.
yes to all of these:
1. omg yes. "A bitching sailor is a happy sailor"
2. yes. sometimes the equipment's fault, sometimes user's fault. Also, web browsing underway? Slower than dialup!
3. Yes. You learn to deal with the gossip. Sometimes it's even funny, like when my psychotic chief counseled me about my pregnancy... (I was pregnant?)
4. military. we have our own language practically
7. Yeah. People have tried to flush paper towels, tampons/pads, shorts. On the ships that backs up the system. don't ask about the showers, sometimes it was kinda icky.
10. Yes, kinda. Too cold or too hot. Some of the gals on my first ship would turn on the heater in berthing if they got chilly... except that blasted HOT AIR into every single rack too. In one of my workshops it was usually 60 and we weren't allowed to turn off the recirculator. that sucked too.
the others either didn't apply or were things that were required for safe survival (like health & safety)
02-15-2010, 12:23 AM
How about "Getting asked the same question ten times a day by different people?"
It's every bloody day, "Is [random uniform item] in yet?"
"Why not [whine]?"
02-15-2010, 01:15 AM
o god, or the same phone call.
"is so and so there?"
phone rings as soon as you hang it up, same question...
"is so and so there"
02-15-2010, 02:03 AM
haha, glad someone understands :lol:
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.