PDA

View Full Version : Silly Kitty, Balloons are for kids!

Plaidman
10-03-2010, 07:42 AM
So, I naturally got a bunch of balloons during my stay at the hospital. The super cheap kind that you can get for like, fifty for a buck and fill with helium, and the alot of the more expensive kind sent down from my uncle, that will last for days.

The cheap kind's helium is long gone, though the expensive kind is still floating partially. When I left the hospital, we tied the bunch together so it be easier to carry. This left a nice buncle of knots in the middle.

Today, the balloons are floating lazy around the room when the cat sees it. She jumps on my chair, grabs the bunch in her mouth, jumps off the chair and runs into the living room. Stealing all my balloons. I go out to the living room, and she is just strutting around the living room with /her/ balloons. Even going in front of the living room window to show off to the cat across the street with all her balloons.

She played with them for a good ten minutes, just walking around showing me and mom that she know had balloons. She meowed a few times to get our attention, then had to leap to get the knots again.

It was great. Then her claws popped the cheap ones that were out of helium and just floating at the bottom of the knots, and she had to run and hide from the scary balloons.

Though now I see her eyeying them again and cautouslly coming closer to smell them. Me thinks she's going to steal them again.

SengaKitty
10-03-2010, 02:20 PM
That's too cute, and as the first commenter, I'm going to have to say that this thread is useless without pics.

Becks
10-03-2010, 02:57 PM
That's just WAY too adorable!!!

Green_Fairy
10-03-2010, 03:31 PM
yay balloons! i was totally gonna send you some, but someone never told me an address to which i could send them :p

and i second the worthless without pics! but it's probably difficult to get pics cuz most people are like "aw lookit da kitty being cute!" and not "omg *click*"

BookstoreEscapee
10-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Girlkitty is terrified of balloons. As far as I know she's never had one pop anywhere near her; the ones she encountered were mylar anyway, but she is absolutely petrified of them. We learned this after my mom realized she hadn't gone past the kitchen for 3 days after my dad's birthday last year. The litter box is in the basement, which is through the kitchen...:eek:

My dog growing up was afraid of them too, but I think one actually did pop around her so she at least had a reason..

There was a .gif on I Can Haz Cheezburger recently of a cat climbing up a cabinet to get a bunch of balloons, grabbing the string and walking off proudly under the table with them. Don't have time to find it right now but it was in the last week or so...

Eireann
10-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Here it is!

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2010/09/27/funny-pictures-gif-cat-balloon-climb/

BookstoreEscapee
10-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Here it is!

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2010/09/27/funny-pictures-gif-cat-balloon-climb/

Hehe, I figured somoeone would find it before I got back :p

(actually at my parents' house doing laundry)

Food Lady
10-05-2010, 03:58 AM
Thelma is naughty....and cute.

telecom_goddess
10-05-2010, 04:31 PM
That's hilarious I love it.

I used to have a ferret that loved balloons.....and would play with them until they popped cause he got off on the popping of them :lol::lol:

This was always supervised so he wouldn't eat the rubber that was left over.