PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Goddess of Retail
03-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone! I've been a reader of this site for about a year now, & finally decided to stop just lurking & actually join in. :wave:

I've worked for the past 5 years at an awesome privately-owned hobby store in lower NY. We buy, fix and or run events with EVERYTHING we sell. This includes; D&D, Star Wars & Star Trek toys, ANY videogame system/game ever made, Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, Yugioh, LARPing equipment (during the summer) sports mem/cards, miniatures, comic books, boardgames, cardgames...and lots of really yummy novelty candy. If all goes as planned, we'll even have a slot car track and model trains next year. Basically, if it's gaming, we got it!

Essentially, our demographic is 95% male, all between the ages of 9-80. Obviously, dealing with this environment ensures that the majority of these customers are there to have fun, and have a smaller amount of SPI (suck per square inch) than most people.

However, as we all know, this site wouldn't exist if that was true of everyone. :(
I'm looking forward to letting everyone know about the special customers that can crop up even in a store like this...