PDA

View Full Version : End of a nine-month saga of stupid.

spark
10-01-2011, 04:10 AM
This stupid husky costume has finally sold!

The story started here (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=73957), where this guy proves himself to be completely flaky and unreliable, continued in this thread here (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=76033), where other idiots join the party, and dribbled on without any resolution ever since. But it is now complete, for the suit is sold!

To sum up for those who don't want to go link diving, originally I was promised full payment for it in December. Of LAST YEAR. Then it was payment in January. Then the customer dropped off the frigging map. And then, of course, the customer tells me he's had a break down, is failing at life, has no money, yadda, yadda, yadda, and wouldn't be able to pay at all. I gave him an ultimatum that included some options, and he picked the option of getting the paws and tail, then failed completely at the simple task of giving me his address to ship them to. Plus every other person I tried to sell it to turned out to be a complete idiot as well, and after several total failures I gave up on selling it online.

So I just hung on to it. It went with me to all my various sales events, because I always have a head at my booth, just to attract attention and show off, so I might as well bring this idot's head, and not one of my personal ones. Time and time again I quoted the (very low) price of the thing to people and tried to sell it, and time and time again they either acted like my price was absurd, or just plain didn't have the money. I was *this* close to selling it at Rainfurrest last week, somebody loved it, tried it on, had the money, but her husband/boyfriend/whatever talked her out of it. :( :( :( :(

And even MORE idiotic, the original customer turned up at Rainfurrest, ran around bragging to everybody that this was his suit (no it's not, twit, not until you pay me for it) and generally being a self centered idiot and an ass.

On the self-centered subject, having ONLY talked to me over IM and e-mail, he waltzed up to my booth and expected me to recognize him and know who he was without him even saying his name! How the hell was I supposed to do that? Then he walked up to me again the next day, wearing a borrowed costume that COVERED HIS HEAD, so I couldn't see his face, and STILL expected me to know who he was! I am not psychic!

He told me that after seeing it in person he wanted it again, and he'd pay me for it... in December! I told him I wasn't going to hold it for him, so if I found a buyer before he paid me he was out of luck. (He also told a blatant lie when a friend standing next to him asked why he hadn't paid for it in the first place. He hemmed and hawed and then said that he had changed the character and didn't want it, since it wasn't accurate any more. Personally I'd rather admit to having a breakdown and being broke than claim I'd pulled a dick move like that!) So I was really hoping I'd find a buyer at the con, just so I wouldn't end up selling the thing to this idiot, he didn't deserve it. Sadly nobody there took it, so I went home with it, fearing that come December I'd still have it, and there would be another round of broken promises and trying to wring payment out of this flake.

But when I got back from Rainfurrest there was an e-mail waiting in my in box from somebody who wanted it. :D :D :D And her payment has now cleared through to my account, so it is going in the mail first thing on Monday. It is sold, it is gone, and I am SO FRIGGING HAPPY! I am done with this moron, he is history, and I never have to deal with him again! :wave:

bhskittykatt
10-01-2011, 04:15 AM
Yay! Glad it finally sold. And I hope you blocked that idiot!

XCashier
10-01-2011, 04:15 AM
YAY! :grats: I'm glad you found a customer who appreciated your talent. You worked so hard on that costume, and to have that first jackass give you the runaround is unacceptable. He doesn't deserve the lint swept up from your floor!

Enjis
10-01-2011, 04:16 AM
Whew! What a mess! I'm glad your hard work is going to someone who will apprecicate it tho!

spark
10-01-2011, 04:21 AM
Yay! Glad it finally sold. And I hope you blocked that idiot!

Actually since then I've changed IMs. Too many stupid customers had my old one. I've decided doing business over IM just isn't worth it, so I got a new one and only gave it out to friends. :)

BeenThereDoneThat
10-01-2011, 04:54 AM
Wooot! I love when nightmares finally go away :D

rose_metal_nz
10-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Woop woop! Love a good ending! :D

sms001
10-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Am I the only one hoping that Original Customer shows up at another event between now and December and asks where "his" costume is just so spark can tell him how the world works? :devil:

Hanzoku
10-01-2011, 02:49 PM
You should still tell the Idiot... preferably in person, so you can drink in his delicious anguish.

bunnyboy
10-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Am I the only one hoping that Original Customer shows up at another event between now and December and asks where "his" costume is just so spark can tell him how the world works? :devil:

You should still tell the Idiot... preferably in person, so you can drink in his delicious anguish.

Nah he'd just hop on any of the various sites and cause drama.

Hmmm I might have seen sparks at RF....

if it's who I'm thinking of, guy was an idiot, I wasn't on anything (aside from sleep depravation) and wanted to just jump in the pile of tails one of the artists had in the Den.

Tora
10-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Hooray! Good to hear you've rid yourself of an utter moron. Honestly, you really don't deserve to have commissioners like that try and get work from you.

Andara Bledin
10-01-2011, 05:11 PM
So... Was the woman who bought it the one who got talked out of it by the guy with her?

^-.-^

zombiequeen
10-02-2011, 03:57 AM
Hooray for selling that suit finally! I won't even think about asking an artist for anything like that unless I have most/all of the money saved up. It's just not right to pull something like that on someone.

Kristev
10-02-2011, 04:12 AM
Bully for you. In the good way.

ShadowBall
10-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Whee! I'm glad to hear someone liked the suit, paid and wasn't an ass-cramp. I recall your other stories about the douchenozzle who wouldn't pay for the suit HE asked for. I think he'll be emailing you in December about "his" suit and it will be sooo satisfying to tell him that, oops, someone who knows how to pay for stuff in a timely manner got the item he abandoned. I foresee lots of idle threats about lawsuits too. 'Twill be amusing - do keep us updated if he talks to you again. :)

spark
10-02-2011, 07:54 AM
Hmmm I might have seen sparks at RF....

if it's who I'm thinking of, guy was an idiot, I wasn't on anything (aside from sleep depravation) and wanted to just jump in the pile of tails one of the artists had in the Den.

Well, unless you mean the small pile of all-blue tails made from weirdly ratty fur, then the tail pile there belonged to me, there were only two tail sellers at the con. :D

So... Was the woman who bought it the one who got talked out of it by the guy with her?

^-.-^

I thought so at first when I got the e-mail, but no! It was somebody who just randomly found the suit on my website. Go figure.

Whee! I'm glad to hear someone liked the suit, paid and wasn't an ass-cramp. I recall your other stories about the douchenozzle who wouldn't pay for the suit HE asked for. I think he'll be emailing you in December about "his" suit and it will be sooo satisfying to tell him that, oops, someone who knows how to pay for stuff in a timely manner got the item he abandoned. I foresee lots of idle threats about lawsuits too. 'Twill be amusing - do keep us updated if he talks to you again. :)

I will keep you guys posted on further drama, but he's allergic to e-mail, (or something, he never responded to e-mails without being prodded over IM) and I've permanently shut down the IM of mine he has, so I expect to never hear from him again.

bunnyboy
10-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Well, unless you mean the small pile of all-blue tails made from weirdly ratty fur, then the tail pile there belonged to me, there were only two tail sellers at the con. :D

Then yes you made me want to hide in them to relieve my anxiety that I get every year going into the dealers den, unfortunately I spent my money on two of (whatever Touch my Badger is now) pony badges, and a nice comfy collar from the leather workers.

Still can't believe Bad Dragon was there.

spark
10-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Then yes you made me want to hide in them to relieve my anxiety that I get every year going into the dealers den, unfortunately I spent my money on two of (whatever Touch my Badger is now) pony badges, and a nice comfy collar from the leather workers.

Still can't believe Bad Dragon was there.

I spent some of my profits on the pony badges too, those were spiffy.

Bad Dragon was right across from me, so I got a front row seat to that whole spectacle. It was amusing the way some people were falling all over each other to browse through their stuff. I almost bought something from them just for the lulz, but I don't have anybody I can wave it at and horrify, my husband doesn't shock easily, so I decided to not.

(For those who don't know, google with care. Bad Dragon makes animal and fantasy themed adult toys.)

LillFilly
10-03-2011, 02:51 AM
I wonder what that guy's reaction will be when he sees someone else walking around with 'his' suit. :devil: