This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    wait wait wait... back up a step, she threatened to tell her FATHER was daddy dearest at least someone at the company, still something really pathetic to threaten to do though.
    Re-read the post carefully, I believe it mentions she's the Boss's daughter

Comment

I had a boss that like to yell and scream at the reps. on the call floor (years ago) Well, one time he decided to yell at me. Yeah, that didn't go well, since you see, I don't like being yelled at unless I'm on fire, which I was not.

Me: I AM NOT YOUR WIFE NOR YOUR MISTRESS! I WILL NOT GET INTO A PISSING MATCH WITH YOU! HOW DARE YOU PRESUME TO YELL AT ME?!? DON'T YOU EVER DARE THINK OF YELLING AT ME OR MY COWORKERS AGAIN! GOT IT?!?

He got this look on his face since no one ever yelled back at him and walked away. He never said another word about it nor did he ever yell at anyone again while I was there. I was there for another year and only left because I quit.
      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I had my first panic attack at work. That was fun. Luckily it was a slow night and there were only a few witnesses, one of whom was a good friend.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I had a mini melt down last night. My impossible trainee was starting to act like an SC, he didn't like an answer I gave him, so he wandered around the room to find someone else who'd give him the answer he wanted. Rinse, wash, repeat. He found another trainer. She coddled him like a newborn baby.

I walked out of the room on break, into my car, turned up the volume, and started talking to myself like a crazy person. "I AM THE TRAINER...don't you fucking go around the room until you get someone who gives you what you want....what the fuck is your problem...why is my answer never good enough.....why don't you just ask for help....WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING LISTEN TO ME!" and I sucked down two cigarettes so fast I was hacking up a lung walking back inside.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

A Meltdowm-To-Be

I am sick of the sales ass. whineing that I am being mean asking them to do their job. My boss has decided to quit come next year it's the employee's fault no one listens to the Boss. Boss's back going out is also my fault sinse I put the boxes in the attic and boss had to move them. Boss has also threatened to fire everyone so the new boss can start fresh. Never inform an employee that there days are numbered and then make them miserable. I have nothing to lose. And I am tired of this crap.
            Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
            The following is subject to change:
            If Your Going Through Hell,
            Keep Going...

Comment

I had a huge meltdown at my previous job.

I'm pretty fatigued so long story short, a customer threatened me and started punching my tech bench. Finally, out rushed about 10 months worth of pent up bullshit. Eyes rolled to the back of my head, bit my lip till I bled, and I calmly stated as I slammed my fist down causing her complete silence: "I will not tolerate being yelled at like a child. Wonderful, people like you are.. you've just cost an innocent retail slave their job. Don't you feel fucking proud?"

I then proceeded to go into the back and punch a hole in the breakroom wall, fucked up my knuckles (swollenizeded) and curled up into a ball on the tile floor of the back hallway wrapped in my trench coat. Apparently I was mumbling incoherently and crying to the point where I'd looked like I'd been on a pot binge for 2 months. I don't remember a lot of that part. I think I screamed loud enough for everyone to hear about how much I despise the worms that tread into my store.

I stormed out and told them they had 2 weeks out of sheer pity, but I only showed up for 1 week of that. The manager that caused much of that pent up anger can rot.

Comment

The closest I came to having a meltdown at work was one night when one of my coworkers, who I swear was bipolar, decided to tear me a new asshole in the backroom because I didn't backstock something in exactly the right spot.

Basically she said "You're worthless, you're lazy, you have no appreciation for other people's hard work, if it was up to me you'd be fired."

My response was to yell back "Shove it up your ass, you sperm-burping cuntrag" or some such thing, storm up to the breakroom, get my soda out of the refrigerator, slam the door shut, then storm into the store manager's office and yell at him "EITHER (bipolar coworker) GOES OR I GO! I'VE FUCKING HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH HER AND I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!"

Believe it or not, this put her on final warning and not a word was said about my colorful language.

Later I came to find out my sister came into the store and asked somebody where I was. Bipolar coworker turned out to be the person she asked. Bipolar coworker told her "Irv's in the bathroom crying."

Had I known about that at the time, I'd have gotten myself fired.

I guess that is a meltdown after all. Heh
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                  Me: I AM NOT YOUR WIFE NOR YOUR MISTRESS! I WILL NOT GET INTO A PISSING MATCH WITH YOU! HOW DARE YOU PRESUME TO YELL AT ME?!? DON'T YOU EVER DARE THINK OF YELLING AT ME OR MY COWORKERS AGAIN! GOT IT?!?

He got this look on his face since no one ever yelled back at him and walked away. He never said another word about it nor did he ever yell at anyone again while I was there.
                  It's been said before, but it bears repeating.

YOU. FUCKING. ROCK!

: worship:

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Not yet. Got pretty close a couple of times. and I can currently feel another one brewing. Doing everything I can to relive the stress and delay it.

The closest I've got- a friend of mine died a while back. She had Cystic Fibrosis, and lived a good fifteen years longer then the doctors said she was, was in her 30's when she died. But for a couple of weeks I was quite on edge and feeling raw.

Someone came in, was angry because we were out of stock, going on about how dare we be out of stock, they NEED it, I could be making them ILL blah blah blah. I responded, calmly, that I wasn't going to serve them, and managed to get out to the stock room before I brokedown in tears about the selfish little bitch. If my friend had lived a few years, she could have been put on the guinea pig trials for this ew drug in development which would have possibly given her another 20 years. And this bitch is going on and on abut how much she needs her Fish oil to keep her heart healthy and how without it she could get ILL.
                    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

I am actually surprised at some of the times I HAVEN'T had a meltdown.

Like in 1990 when my grandma died, and I went in to my job to tell them that I might be flying off to New Jersey, or not, but either way I couldn't work, as my grandmother had just died. And one middle management bitch said, condescendingly and unbelievingly, "Oh, DID she REALLY?"

The fact that I did not strangle that woman to death or even explode verbally is still shocking to me. What I DID do was calmly and very angrily and very, very quietly say to her, "Yes, she DID. Would you like me to bring in the body?!?!?" Shut her right the fuck up.

Damn fuckhorn that she was.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Damn fuckhorn that she was.
                        A regular Fuckhorn Leghorn, no?

Although I'd reserve that term for a fuckhorn with a strong Southern accent.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I guess you could say I had a breakdown last Saturday at my concert security.

The company recently revamped the security management leaving me the only person that was there before (it may have to do with me being the only female) But any ways some of the former management have taken it upon themselves to try to sabotage the new management. I am really close with the former management and I could see what was up . On Saturday at the last minute I had 3staff call me since I do the scheduling and tell me that they where all sick ir had other work they had to do. One guy told me that if I couldn’t' find someone to cover his position he would still come in and put the other stuff on the back burner. So I spend a couple hours begging people to work at the last minute with no luck. I show up and tell the new director that I had 3 people call in, but one said since I couldn’t get anyone to cover his position he would still come in. The director was cool saying ok. An 30 minutes before we where supposed to start letting people into the building I get a call from 3 more staff saying that they don't like where they are positioned tonight because one of them is outside and if I don't so something about it they are going to leave. I point out to them that if they leave they will not be welcomed back here. The repeat “take care of it” and hang up. So I went to the new director and explained the situation the hard part is that I am really close (as in related to) 2 of the 3 of these guys outside of work so I don't want to get stuck in the middle of it. The next thing I know I have the owners and the director questioning me on where these guys want to be and what i should do about it. I throw my hands in the air and say "Honestly I don't know and I would really like to stay out of the middle of this drama given who the people are."

With that I walk into the office where the rest of the staff is waiting to be briefed. Up walks caller number 3 from earlier I tell him how glad I am that he still came in I really need the help. He replied "I am not here to work I just stopped by to drop something off, I told you I couldn't work."

I snapped "YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU WOULD WORK IF I COULDN'T FIND ANYONE ELSE TO COVER YOU AND I TOLD YOU I DON'T I ALREADY HAVE 3 PEOPLE THREATENING TO QUITE 2 OTHER PEOPLE CALLED IN I AM SHORT STAFFED ALREADY!!!" And I stormed out of the office into the snow breaking into tears. Caller number 3 walked out and told me he was staying and working, and that he was only doing it for me he wouldn't do it for anyone else.

In the end 2 of the 3 guys threatening to walk off left. The other one stayed but said he wasn't going to work there again. Being friends with the former management I know that they had something to do with it but I am trying to keep my mouth shut to curb the drama as much as possible.

Comment

Language: Meltdowns by Kinkoid are colorful.

Incidents of RK's meltdowns (in no particular order)

1. Funkstain running around station taking personal pictures of the children we had in for a kids show we were taping. For no official reason and without their parent's consent. I was so mad it was all I could do not to physically assault him. Told boss either he put a stop to it NOW or I was going to do it myself. I call that a meltdown because I was so furious I am sure I did not discuss problem in a mature, professional manner. It was more like "That fucking pervert is running around after the kids, and if you don't end this I'm going to shove the camera up his ass. It's bad enough we have to put up with him, but I'll be fired before I see kids involved in this creepy shit. FIX THIS!!! FIX IT OR SO HELP ME GOD I WILL GO DOWN TO THE SHOP, GET A WRECKING BAR, AND BEAT THE EVERLOVING SHIT OUT OF HIM WITH IT!!!! " Of course I got away with it. It was a state job in South Carolina. Boss fixed problem.

2. We were moving to another building at the photo lab. I was trying to pack up my print machine to move (I had a roller driven BW print machine at that lab. Sweet!) Face plate kept falling off. I put it on, it feel off. I put it on again, it fell off. I put it on and tightened it down. It fell off. I put it on and taped it down. Started working on something else. Clank. Faceplate fell off. Picked up hammer. Put faceplate back on, started tapping it in place. Hard. While yelling "MOTHERFUCKER!!!!" over and over and over.
                            Coworker stuck his head cautiously into the room, and said, kind of scared, "Uh...Are you ....okay?" I put down the hammer and told him what was going on. He helped me with it, which was nice.

I should probably mention this was before I got my sugar under control.

3. Got job at above mentioned lab while I was doing my first stint as a Kinkoid. Got it on my lunch hour. Went back to talk to boss about adjusting my schedule to fit the training I would need. Lab guy I was replacing was leaving town in two weeks, I wanted to give Kinko's 2 week, but needed to work around that so the lab guy could train me. Boss wouldn't talk to me. I was already pissed at him, and this was the last straw. Sent asst. manager to talk to me instead, which was pretty much his MO. Send asst manager to do all unpleasant tasks, like talking to his employees. I was pretty pissed off, so I told the asst. manager I was coming back from lunch long enough to tell them I wasn't coming back from lunch.

Comment

Quoth princess4life View Post
                              In the end 2 of the 3 guys threatening to walk off left. The other one stayed but said he wasn't going to work there again. Being friends with the former management I know that they had something to do with it but I am trying to keep my mouth shut to curb the drama as much as possible.
                              That's all well and fine, but if they are really your friends, you need to have a heart to heart with them. Fucking around with the new management in this way is fucking with you too. Badly. They need to find a different way to do it, that leaves you out of it. Friends just don't do that to each other. Not and stay friends.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Remember last month when I was so happy to have a new job doing inventory? Well, I don't have it anymore. I turned in my resignation earlier this month due to two different incidents:

1. Supermarket in town three hours away. Packed out van, my seat belt didn't work and the driver was flying like the proverbial Bat Out Of Hell. We get to the store, discovered we didn't have enough ladders and the batteries on the units weren't properly charged up. (Nobody thought to stop in the office over Thanksgiving weekend and charge them up, even knowing we had a store to do the following Monday! ) I was trying to do my inventory with a machine that kept losing power, coworkers and bosses kept telling me how to count product and giving me conflicting information, I was getting frustrated and the job just took bloody forever. I ended up being the last one finishing and getting yelled at to hurry up as the rest of my van was waiting to leave. I was shaking and facing the window on my way home so my coworkers couldn't see my tears.

2. Supermarket in town one-and-a-half hours away. They didn't assign enough people (a store that size usually requires twenty people, there were six on my van and five more that met us there). Again we didn't have enough ladders. Count took longer to do due to not enough people, then the store manager demanded a recount.

When I first started working for this job, I told them I needed to be finished and back in town by 3:00 to pick my kid up from school (husband starts work at 3:00). They knew this. I was stuck away from home while the team did a recount, and didn't get home until 6:30! I was upset, hubby was pissed (at them, not me), we discussed it and agreed on my resigning. We can't afford to have him take time off work if I get stuck on an out of town job.
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X