This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Geek King View Post
    That's all well and fine, but if they are really your friends, you need to have a heart to heart with them. Fucking around with the new management in this way is fucking with you too. Badly. They need to find a different way to do it, that leaves you out of it. Friends just don't do that to each other. Not and stay friends.

Yesterday I sat down with them to talk to them and try to get things strightensd out. After a long converstation that included me telling them
    "You are all grown adults, what happened was your own fault you need to grow up and accept what happened. Not only are you making life hard on the new guys but you are making it extremely hard on me because no matter how hard you try I will be pulled into the middle of it. I need this job and I am not going to lose my job over someone being butt hurt cause they screwed up and got fired"

The hardest part about it are like I said 2 of the guys are not only friends but are family as well.

Comment

Meltdown-I-Had

(See previous Meltdown-To-Be post)
      Have had meltdown. A sales ass. called the DM and said that I was verbaly abusive. I had started to make a joke and stoped mid sentance when I relized he wouldn't think it was funny. I DID NOT SAY WHAT HE SAYS I DID!!!! He asked if I was going to say something and I said I wasn't going to say what he thought I was. Now the DM wants me fired or at least demoted. &
      Last edited by Lady Heather; 12-16-2007, 08:00 AM.
      Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
      The following is subject to change:
      If Your Going Through Hell,
      Keep Going...

Comment

oh thank Primus.

thank Primus im not the only one.

several.

mainly related to the lack of the respect i feel i deserve at my job.

but mostly because of THE CHILDREN.

last year, if there was a difficult line, mostly likely i was the server. and many times, due to assholery of the worst of the children, most often the Football players and the fratasses, i have just lost it.

the last time however, was due to my supervisor. D is a jackass. unlike V, who actually is out in the servery helping, D will wander around the commons, often just going into the office and wasting time, or talking to his friends on his cellphone. and then, if we're taking a long time to clean up, he doesnt help, he just stands back and makes snarky comments on our work.

it pisses me off. and when i'm pissed, it takes a long time to calm down.

i admit, i have a temper. its a weakness, i've had it for years. but damnit, is it too hard to atleast attempt to work as hard as we do!?! V does it!!! A did it, before he left!
        http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...inalcopy-1.png

Comment

Since I forgot about this post, that I started. The one night, I worked security. First off, we all had to get into a van with 3 people to a 2 person seat. The driver drove so damn stupid, that I still do not know how he never got a ticket that day. Had one break on time. I would get in trouble for another person leaving the post. At the end of the night, I was truly pissed off. When we got back into town, I went off on the main manager because of the stupid as kids, he has working for them. Well they were not kids, but they sure as hell acted like it.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I believe I might've had one last night. I rang up the wrong credit gift card for a customer by mistake and she wasn't happy.

My service desk coworker helped me out with this customer. He even called another store to see if the card could be returned which it couldn't. When he told the customer this, she exploded with anger. I finally had enough so I told her that I would pay for the correct gift card myself and raced off, got some money out of my bag, and raced back. I felt that I had to do that since I made the mistake. The customer did apologize for the way she acted.

The credit gift card she wanted wasn't in our system so she wasn't able to get it. The assistant store director allowed us to give her the money back and the card would be put to another use.
            My Fanfic Page
            My Fiction Page
            My Social Group
            My Pet Social Group
            My You Tube Channel

Comment

Clcok this as a semi-meltdown.

So I had to report for an early shift at work today, and when I got the mall, virtually all the stores were open.

Save for one. Gamestop.

Now, I still had my keys in hand from my 200SX keychain, and I wanted to get some breakfast from McDees. Which meant that I had to pass Gamestop. Already, there was a line of shoppers eager to get in and wreck the store. I noticed this, and as I got closer, I noticed that Gamestop was closed tight.

And then an old lady yells at me "Do you work here? Open up the damn store" I'm walking as I tell her "No, I don't work here." but she will have none of it.

"Well you could be nice about it!"

So I stop, turn around, and walk up to her face.

"When it's pretty clear that the person don't work here, as in walking past said store, it is NOT a good idea to YELL at them asking them if they work here. Had I gotten to the door and started unlocking it, then yes, I work there. But I don't. If you're so smitten about getting your precious Wii, Wal-mart is down the road. Otherwise, complain to Mall management about GameStop's poor opening record. Knock some fucking common sense into that bloody brain of yours HAG."

Nobody else bothered to complain, maybe due to the fact that I had somehow subconsciously had put a few of my keys in my keyring between my fingers and made a nice spikey fist with them.

Comment

I once got really really scared during turbulance (it was quite bad) and I had to lock myself in the loo to calm down before I lost it!
                No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

This could be epic, but I'll keep it short. Back when I worked at the "bank of higher standards" in the call center, my father died. I was out for only a week (which really isn't enough time) and my first shift back started at 7am. My very first call was surreal. It was a woman wanting her overdraft fees back, and I remember her reason was that her son-in-law had just shot her daughter and then himself. I had to say no, because she had bounced checks all year long, and the bank was really strict about that sort of thing. Her response?

"I just lost the closest person in the world to me! But I guess a heartless bitch like you doesn't know what it's like to lose someone you love!"

I ended the call and broke into tears on the floor, like flat out snot-dripping, can't breathe or talk, eyes swelling shut bawling. I hadn't cried about my dad yet, since I was trying to be strong for my 5 brothers and sisters, so I guess it all came out then. The managers had to herd me into a conference room and try and get me together enough to go home.

That's the only time I've ever lost it like that.

Comment

I had a meltdown yesterday. This woman had gone into one of our stores to buy a vest but they didn't have the one she needed. She only had cash and the employee put the cash on a gift card so they would order it on our website. She called in on Saturday to check the status of her order because she hadn't received it yet and lo and behold, the order had cancelled due to running out of stock (which she would have known days earlier if the employee had just put her email address in there). Of course the only stores that had the vest were in California and she was in MA.. and it was a Christmas gift. She had called in about 3 hours after the cutoff to get one sent out overnight so she would get it by Christmas.

So I'm doing everything I can for her, I tracked a vest down, she just wouldn't get it til after Christmas. She wanted to use the money that was on the gift card. How our system works is, if you place an order, it takes the funds off right away and if the order cancels or you return the item, it gets mailed to you in the form of a refund check. So this woman's $140 is getting sent back to her in the form of a refund check, which I can stop, but not until Sunday when the CS Lead is in. So I call her back and tell her this, which she was fine with, but starts freaking out cuz the employee at the store put $147 on the gift card and she wants her $147 back. I told her we only charged $140, I didn't know why the employee put that much money on the card, get the gift card number and look, there's her $7 on the card still. But she doesn't want the card, she wants the money. I told her I'd see what I could do and get back to her on Sunday.

Now Saturday, I left about halfway into my 12.5 hour shift because of a snowstorm. Sunday, I barely made it to work but I knew I had to because I was the only one with all of this woman's information. So the people who could get the refund check put onto a gift card, didn't make it in. So our only other option was to send this vest to this woman for free, because we try everything we can to make our customers happy. So I get the inventory adjustment sheet filled out and faxed to the store and decide to give her a call and let her know whats going on. There was no answer so I leave a message telling her that we are sending her the item at no charge, she would still receive the refund check for $140 because we couldn't get the funds, the $7 is still on the gift card because we couldn't get it put on the refund check, and when she gets the refund check all she has to do is cash it and send us a check for $125, which is the cost of the vest since we didn't charge her shipping. Hell if she didn't send us the check for the $125, she got a free vest because we wouldn't go after her. Here I am, happy because I got everything taken care of and I thought the customer would be thrilled. If only it was that easy..

I get her transferred to me from another personal shopper and she freaks out on me. Not because I got her the vest and she'd get it Wednesday or Thursday. Not because we're sending her the vest FOR FREE!! but because she has a gift card that still has $7 on it. And she has to waste her time cashing her refund check and sending us one back. I didn't tell her that if she didn't send it to us, she would still get the vest for free. Since the gift card was purchased in the store, there wasn't anything I could do about it, it wasn't in our system. I called the store and they said they could refund her the $7 since it was their employee's fault.. was that good enough? Oh hell no. She's swearing at me and really making me want to cancel her order so she doesn't get the vest. She said she'd "keep the fucking gift card" and hung up on me.

So I did everything I possibly could for this woman, we did something for her that we normally don't do, but it still wasn't good enough. I cried. I've never had a customer make me cry, in the 4 years I've worked in retail, but I cried like a baby. I almost got in an accident on the way to work but I had to get there so I could fix this situation. And it still wasn't good enough.

Comment

Yep. At least two main instances (at different jobs, for different reasons) stand out in my mind, but in general if things are going really bad and I'm stressed out, I tend to have 'mini-meltdowns'. Needless to say, I don't handle stress well AT ALL.
                      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Temping:

I was making calls from a credit card company notifying people that their applications had been approved, and then I had to finish the acceptance while on the phone with the customer, while being recorded, and enter it in the computer. This was several years ago.

Within one week I got the spouses of two applicants who had died between the time they applied and we approved the process. One person thought I was a scammer. That call ended quickly.

The other asked me if this was some kind of joke. He ended up screaming at me. I finally got him calmed down, and then explained the kicker: my husband had just died less then a year before, so I would certainly not joke about something like this. We ended up apologizing to each other and sympathizing with each other. I told the supervisor I had to take a break and went and cried. I left the assignment after that shift. The company liked me and didn't want to see me go, but the job was nothing like it had been described (we were told it was a customer service position, which I had done before, not a scripted something a step up from cold calling).

Since then, there have been times, not retail or even CSR related, where I've had to find an empty office or room. I sob, half-cry, breathe deeply a few times, then go back to work. I almost had to do that yesterday, but I managed to keep it to some deep breaths and a little tearing up at my desk.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
                          But the one manager decided it was her job to get me over my fear, and one day late at night there was a dead frog in the habitat- guess who she told to go take it out? Handed me a black plastic bag and keys to the freezer of dead animals and told me to put it in there.

I panicked so hard I threw up and started shaking. I begged the other person in the store to help me, but manager lady told him not to because she wanted me to get over my fear. I was seeing things blurry and quivering from head to toe, seriously considered quitting the job because of that, and was sitting by the habitat trying not to puke again from being so near it when the manager lady saw me and took pity. I was rattled for over a week from that any time I went near the reptiles- it is absolutely horrible to be confronted, suddenly, without warning, with a serious phobia and worry that you'll lose your job if you don't get over something that took YEARS to develop THAT VERY INSTANT.
                          to me that sounds more like harassment - or "hazing". It's not her job to be your psychologist - especially when she doesn't have a license to practice.

Personally, i think someone like that needs to be given the same treatment they give out. "What you're afraid of roaches? Get over it" and hand them a bucket of the things.... when they start freaking out, "See? It's not so great now is it?"

One of my work pet peeves... someone who decides it's their job to "fix" you and that any resistance to their treatment formula should be treated with punishment.

my own breakdowns... When I've had a long day and am truly at my end of my limits, i hate having people near me. Crowding me, touching me, even walking behind me is a major offense... The worst is when they see that i'm upset and frustrated and decide to "counsel" me on my behavior....when in fact the best thing to do is to leave me alone. but... well they have pride and "letting something go" wouldn't satisfy it.

(one of my other pet peeves... having to be mature for myself and for an immature supervisor)

and other times... well there have been times when i've been mad enough at some jerk to actually think of doing something bad to them. those are the times when i put my work down and take a good long soda break.

Comment

I had a meltdown the other day and got sent home because they feared for the safety of a co-worker.

It was about this guy.http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=20475

I was swamped on the floor. There were dozens of meals waiting to go out, and dozens of dirty plates on the tables, and just me to clean them up. I look, and I see R standing, leaning against the wall with his arms folded.

Me: R, can you give me a hand on the floor?
                            R: Ok... *stays exactly where he is*

I go back a minute later.

Me: R...get your ass on the floor!
                            R: Alright!

I go back. R is now leaning against the wall with a drink in his hand!

Me: R...GET...ON...THE...FLOOR!

At this point, the place is a mess, I have people complaining that they are not getting their meals fast enough, and I am completely overwhelmed.

I walked into the kitchen. At this point, a different co-worker has come to help me, while R is still stood there. I go...insane! I tell my nice co-worker to get away from the floor.

Me: I FUCKING ASKED R TO DO IT, BUT HE'S TOO BUSY FUCKING LEANING AGAINST THE WALL DOING FUCK ALL AS USUAL! I'M GETTING BITCHED AT LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE BY CUSTOMERS, THE FLOOR IS A MESS, THERE ARE ABOUT TWENTY MEALS WAITING TO GO OUT, AND HE'S STILL FUCKING STOOD THERE LIKE THE INEPT ARSE HOLE THAT HE IS!

Then to top it all off, I kick a bin over and smash my hands on a gantree.

The kitchen supervisor stares at me.

KS: You HAVE to go home.
                            Me: What?
                            KS: Seriously, go home, chill out and come back in a bit. I'll talk to the manager and get everything sorted for you. Go home NOW.

The kitchen supervisor reported the whole thing to the manager. No one was mad with me at all, but it looks as though R's days are numbered.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                              The kitchen supervisor reported the whole thing to the manager. No one was mad with me at all, but it looks as though R's days are numbered.
                              And quite right, too. The guy's bloody useless, you don't need him taking wages that a competent employee should be getting.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My BF (of four years) and I work at the same chain computer store. . . I had to open and he had to be there about noon, he comes in crying pulls me to the back room and tells me that his aunt has just been found murdered in her home. Brittish manager comes in sends him home and tells me to "Cry it off we expect you back on the floor in five." WhiteTrash manager tells me if we were married I would have gotten to go home too, bc we are only dating and its not my family I need to get over it.
                                S-N-O-W is a dirty four letter word!

Comment

Working...
                                X