Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what I get to do... (image heavy)

I get to handle the return claim on this coffeemaker that was returned this afternoon.

It was so incredibly disgusting that I had to take pictures of it. Honestly, you have to see it to believe it.

The warming plate was covered in crud and corrosion and months of burnt on coffee.

The sides of the coffeemaker actually had dust and cat hair embedded in the seams and creases.

The real cherry on the top of this disgusting thing was the inch of mould in the bottom of the carafe.

Sorry for the picture quality. I am still not used to the camera at work, and I was in a bit of a hurry.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Ugh. At my store that would not be returned. It would be judged too "used".

We don't accept returns on stuff that disgusting.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Eeeek, did they even try to clean it at all?

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Ugh. At my store that would not be returned. It would be judged too "used".
        Our company has an automatic 1 year over the counter replacement on certain items, and that was one of them.
        As long as they have their receipt, there's not much we can do.

Depending on my mood at the moment, I might have refused the claim on the ground that it was a health hazard to the employee handling the claims. (Me!!)
        I would probably have told them to go home and clean it up first, and then we would consider taking it back.

I have a feeling the thing stopped working, and they set it of to the side, maybe in the garage, and because it's been so hot and humid, mould probably started growing on the dirty carafe. (I have to believe that's what happens, because I really don't want to believe that people live like that.)
        There was dust all over the top and on the sides, too.

When I picked it off the counter to take back to my table, a fruit fly was under it.

I have seen some pretty gross things returned in the past 21 years, but I honestly think that one was the worst. The pictures really don't do it justice. Honest.
        I could write my name on the side with my finger, and I picked at least 3 cat hairs off the front panel.

Comment

Quoth kibbles View Post
          Eeeek, did they even try to clean it at all?
          Would that make it worse or better?
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
            I have a feeling the thing stopped working, and they set it of to the side, maybe in the garage, and because it's been so hot and humid, mould probably started growing on the dirty carafe. (I have to believe that's what happens, because I really don't want to believe that people live like that.)
            I could say something, but I'll let you keep your denial.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

LOL!!

Oh, I'm sure there are some people out there who would look at this thing and say, "It's not that bad...I have worse at home."

I just choose to block them out of my mind, because I just can't fathom living in one's own filth like that.

I mean, my room is messy, and our coffeemaker does get grubby on occasion, but for crying out loud, there comes a point where you take out a wet cloth and give it a wipe.

Even if it did happen as I have chosen to believe, she could have at least put a bit of bleach into the carafe and gave it a scrub before she brought it back.

I would have been mortified to bring in something that looked so disgusting.

The complaint was that the electronic chip inside didn't work anymore.

It probably over heated and fried it, with all that baked on crud over the warming plate.

Comment

I always clean my coffee maker. Even tho I do not use it all the time.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                  Our company has an automatic 1 year over the counter replacement on certain items, and that was one of them.
                  As long as they have their receipt, there's not much we can do.
                  So what do you do with the returned item? Box it up and send it back to the factory? I think they'd get a kick out of that.

Inventory write off and throw it away?
                  Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Oh dear

Those people must live like pigs...
                    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

It depends on the item.

Sometimes I am given permission to destroy, but usually I have to box it up and send it back to our head office.
                      From there, I have no idea what they do, but I suspect a lot of them do go back to the manufacturer for reconditioning if possible.

I am waiting to see the reaction on this one.

Comment

All of a sudden I have this incredible urge to do some cleaning. That was freaken foul, kind of like someone used that coffee pot for a little swamp fishing.
                        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
                          So what do you do with the returned item? Box it up and send it back to the factory? I think they'd get a kick out of that.

Inventory write off and throw it away?
                          At my store we'd write it off. Bag it up real nice so nobody has to touch the groaty parts and pitch it in the compactor.

Under normal circumstances we'd return it to the return center as salvage or saleable, but obviously not if it was housing third-generation mold colonies and other assorted funk.

I know this thanks to the fucktrumpet who accepted a return on some jeans that had been urinated on, marked them to be returned to the RC as salvage, and the receiving clerk sent them back, triggering a tersely-worded memo from the DC supervisor.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
                            All of a sudden I have this incredible urge to do some cleaning. That was freaken foul, kind of like someone used that coffee pot for a little swamp fishing.
                            From the looks of it, swamp fishing might have improved it.

I'm so glad I cleaned up my coffeemaker this morning . . . but then, I'm really notorious for keeping stuff in mint condition.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

YAY!!!!
                              They let me scrap it so I no longer have to deal with it.

I hadn't bothered to look too far inside, but one of my guys removed the reusable filter basket, which was now black instead of white mesh, and there was mould inside the tray where it sits.

I tossed it, and I'm pretty sure I heard the carafe shatter when I tossed something else into the garbage box.

Comment

Working...
                              X