This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weirdest item ever stolen

I've got a contendor... a live duck. That's right, a duck.

This was from the country park where a group of French students were visiting the animal section, and 2 of them decided to steal a duck and hide it in their coach. It was only discovered after a staff member crossing the car park heard quacking and went to detail 2 of us poor souls to go and pick the duck up with a teacher.

Said teacher said to us, after we'd rescued the still living but very traumatized duck, "It's made a mess, could you clear that up?" Bundling the duck into a paper bag, I glared at her and said, "Your students put the duck in there, they can flipping well clear it up. And you'd better hope the duck doesn't die or we'll be certain to take action." Said duck had done what all frightened ducks do best all over the interior of the coach; ie, it had dropped feathers and shat everywhere. I expect the French students had a very smelly journey away from the park.

Oh, and the duck survived, which we didn't expect.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Awww that poor duckie! Those mean students should have been suspended from their school or even expelled for pulling such a stunt.

I'm glad the little duck survived though . . .

Comment

Nothing all that unusual at my store... the guy I helped catch today stole the usual (cigarettes), the last guy I helped catch was a little more original in stealing corn dogs and deodorant... I've seen everything stolen from a little bag of chips all the way up to two heaping full cartloads of miscellaneous groceries.

My church does get broken into from time to time. Two of the break-ins didn't steal anything, the other two seemed to be a little more entertainment-minded. I believe our total stolen stuff count at church is up to two six-string guitars, a twelve-string guitar, an acoustic-electric bass guitar, a microwave, a small radio, and a Richenbacher amplifier.
      "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
      "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
      My MySpace
      My LiveJournal

Comment

My coworker last night told me that someone tried to steal a tame bird from the local shopping centre the other day.. How? By stuffing it down his pants apparently...
        3 Basic rules for ordering food.
        - Order from the menu.
        - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
        - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Quoth Sir Spaniard the 12th View Post
          By stuffing it down his pants apparently...
          HIS pants? I hope his pecker didn't get pecked...

Sorry, couldn't help it.
          Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Quoth Sir Spaniard the 12th View Post
            How? By stuffing it down his pants apparently...
            My guess is that it wouldn't be so tame after that happened...

It's not really weird, but lots of people from my old job would try to steal the clips that hold your windshield wiper blade to the wiper arm. This is extra amusing to me, since we had tons in the back, and would give them away for free if anyone asked.

At my current job, I've noticed that people will steal/keep them for themselves an item I wouldn't have thought of as important: The car jack and tools to jack up your car if you get a flat. Why this, I'll never know, but we are constantly trying to get them in.
            I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Try a stack of cones, I caught some people running off with a stack once. What would anyone want with a stack of cones anyway?
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Are you talking icecream cones or traffic cones?
                3 Basic rules for ordering food.
                - Order from the menu.
                - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
                - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Traffic cones, we have a lot of those and they get heavy quick.
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I remember an Asda near me getting broken into and the burglars ran amok in the alcohol aisle.

They ignored all of the branded stuff - the Fosters, Carling etc etc, and stole something like 400 cans of own-brand value lager. 97p for 4 cans. And just the own brand lager.

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
                      I hope it did. Somebody that stupid doesn't deserve to reproduce.

Speaking of peckers, when I worked at the Novelty Store, one git stole an inflatable doll (yes, one of those inflatable dolls. We had a large Adult Section). I was busy helping someone else and couldn't get to the door in time, otherwise I would have chased him down like I did the VCR thief and loudly announced to the entire mall what he had stolen. Yes, I can be totally evil.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My church gets broken in on a real regular basis. I remember going out to the shed once to get some yard tools, and thinking as I unlocked the door, "Well, at least the last time our lawn mower got stolen, they didn't tear the door up getting it out of here."

I opened the door and saw why. The back wall was missing.

Somehow, I'd missed this bit of news.

Like I said, we were getting broken into on a regular basis. We'd lost a TV, a microwave, a vcr, food for the food bank (nobody really minded the food going...after all, it WAS for poor hungry people, you know.), and the coffee service, among other things. A recliner chair. The lawnmowers were getting stolen every other monday. Power cord after power cord after power cord disappeared, never to be seen again. It became a battle between the thief and our steward, who had to come up with clever places to hide the coffee and sugar so we'd have some come Sunday morning.

One day, a girl was murdered in the area, and they searched the woods nearby for her body. And they found a big army tent. Inside, was our microwave, our tv, our vcr, our recliner, and a well stocked food cabinet. The smell of brewed coffee hung in the air.

How did he power all this stuff being out in the woods? Well, the cops found a shallow trench dug under the ground that had a very, very, very long string of our stolen power cords that led out of the woods, under our lawn (he'd carefully replaced the sod to hide the trench. ) and up to a long-forgotten outdoor electrical socket in the side of the church building.

So yeah, not only had he stole all our stuff, but he was stealing juice to run it all from us as well. Two YEARS this went on. Can you imagine? We couldn't figure out why the power bill was so high.

The guy had some balls, I'll give him that.

And no, he had nothing to do with the murder. But he still went to jail for breaking and entering not only us, but houses in the surrounding neighborhoods.

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post

Sorry, couldn't help it.
                          How many peckers could a woodpecker peck if a woodpecker could peck peckers?

Sorry, my mind is off in it's own little world today.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                            My church gets broken in on a real regular basis. I remember going out to the shed once to get some yard tools, and thinking as I unlocked the door, "Well, at least the last time our lawn mower got stolen, they didn't tear the door up getting it out of here."

I opened the door and saw why. The back wall was missing.
                            That's crazy

Sorry Madmike!!!11
                            Last edited by Iced Coffee Man; 10-12-2006, 02:09 PM. Reason: No need to quote the entire post!!!
                            If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you.

Comment

My store got broken into last year. All the idiot stole was a 40oz beer! No cigs, no junk food, not even a case of beer. Just a 40! Imagine going to jail for stealing a $1.79 beer. STOOOOOPID!
                              USN Retired

Comment

Working...
                              X