This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICKY feet

I currently sell shoes for a great company. I haven't worked shoes before and I am still learning how nasty it can be but this took the cake. Recently I had a customer come in to try on sandals. We have little nylon stocking footie things so people can try sandals on with out contaminating them with their foot funk. I asked this woman if she wanted a pair and she declined so I naturally thought she would try them on with the socks she was wearing. She literally peeled them off and her feet and about made me gag. Her feet were dirty, hairy and mangled. Again I offered her a footie and she vehemently refused insisting she just couldn't get the right feel with one on. I got her the sandals and helped her buckle them on. At that point I came very close to barfing on her feet because I realized her foot fungus was so bad she in fact had NO TOENAILS!!!!!!!! Just empty nail beds where the fungus had eaten them!!!! She even explained that to me like it wasn't something utterly disgusting! Meanwhile I was sitting on the floor trying not to dry heave or show any sign of repulsion in front of her. She did buy one pair of sandals after trying on several. Thank the stars for aerosol anti fungal and disinfectant. I was still in favor of just damaging out the whole stack.

-Sarah

Didn't this happen to Al once on Married With Children?

Comment

Al Bundy would have said something. :-)
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I would've damaged out whatever she tried on and didn't buy anyway.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
          Feet! Feet! No more feet!
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

You might want to check with your local health department about the shoes she didn't buy because even with a spray I can't imagine they'd be considered clean.

That and you might want to find out if you can refuse to allow someone to try on shoes without protection when their feet look like that. (Again from the Health Dept and your store)

Comment

Never trying on shoes again. Ever.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Duuuudddeee....seriously gross. Nothing kills that fungus, short of nuclear anhilation.

I had the funk on one toe and than found out that I had caught it from a roommate who had it on ALL of her toes.

It was HELL to get rid and literally took like two solid years of trying different treatments.

The morale of the story is to always wear shower shoes in the shower when living with a skanky/nasty roommate.
                Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

You should of just told her that it is company policy(even if it isn't) that you have to wear socks or something similar before trying on any footwear as(and trying to be as suttle as possible) some people have infections, dirty/overly smelly feet, or even dieases . If she argues and refuses tell her that she will either have to buy the sandles without trying them on as once she tries them on without socks or some sort of protection she is required to buy them
                  Last edited by Mr. Security; 04-11-2008, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Some people have no shame, I'm sure everyone who has worked on a healthcare counter has had feet banged onto the counter and the person attatched to said foot asks

'Is this a corn or a verrucca?'

Or is that just me thats seen that?
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Oh... ew....

And I thought X was weird with his toes... turns out he had surgery on his toes because of hereditary ingrown toes, not something nasty like THAT.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                        And I thought X was weird with his toes... turns out he had surgery on his toes because of hereditary ingrown toes, not something nasty like THAT.
                        I thought my husband had grodey toes as well, but apparently not compared to that SC!! And his feet look fairly normal, except for the fact that he crushed each foot under 1000 lbs. of steel. And the fact that he has a baaaad habit of breaking toes. Okay, maybe TMI ...

But still, was she purchasing open toed sandals?? If so ...

Not only was she subjecting you to the catastrophe she calls her feet, but she'd be doing it to everyone else as well ...
                        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                          I gained so much respect for Al when I was working in shoes!

I can relate to the funky feet problems of customers. Fortunetly my store was in a very quiet area, the store only made about $500 in cash a day, Once someone left me with a pair of shoes that had black guncky foot prints in the bottom.
                          wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                          ----
                          Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

I think I just died alittle inside....yuck.
                            Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica

Comment

White cider vinegar is an excellent treatment for anything fungal.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X