This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which I foil a car wash scammer.

Our DIY car/truck wash bays take $1 and $2 coins and special tokens. We give out tokens to people who don't have any cash with them, as well as a few account holders. Tokens are non-refundable, so the honest people keep any left over for the next time they want to wash their vehicle.

This SC got a bunch of tokens on his company's account. After he'd finished washing the truck he had a few tokens left over. Thought he'd try to scam some cash back on the company account.

SC: "These tokens don't work. Give me dollar coins."
    Me: "We can't do that, I'll exchange the tokens instead."
    SC: "Fine, whatever" (takes new tokens, goes to car wash, starts coming back in less time than it takes to put three tokens in the coin slot)
    SC: "These don't work either, give me dollar coins."
    Me: "I'll come out and help you."
    SC: (looks daggers but doesn't say anything)

Sure enough, the tokens work for me. SC presses low pressure rinse then pretends to press soap.

SC: "Put some soap in the f***ing machine!"

I just walked away, back into the store. Told my manager about it and he said "It's good you're still smiling after that encounter. As soon as they get abusive, they're no longer good customers and you don't have to be nice to them any more."

(also, wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?)

Quoth edible_hat View Post
    As soon as they get abusive, they're no longer good customers and you don't have to be nice to them any more."
    Wouldn't that be nice.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

LMFAO Ok I've been looking for a good quote for a while, can I use that? ^_^
      wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
      ----
      Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Quoth Nyx View Post
        LMFAO Ok I've been looking for a good quote for a while, can I use that? ^_^
        Go ahead. Apparently "go ahead" it too short a message and the bits between quote tags aren't counted, so here are some more words.

Comment

Thanks ^_^ Yeah I noticed that before too, think it needs to be 10 letters?
          wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
          ----
          Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

That is soooooo gonna be my sig from now on

-Wembley
            Originally Posted by edible_hat

Comment

There's actually a website about those. <cough> An engineer showed me. NSFW obviously. But it occurs to me that if today's youth put as much effort into the space program as they did in those machines......we'd be on planets outside the solar system.

I will never be able to look at a Kitchen Aid mixer the same way again....
              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Yeah, soap would burn like a sonovabitch I would think.

... Not that I would know...

Check out my webcomic!

Comment

As soon as they get abusive, they're no longer good customers and you don't have to be nice to them any more.
                  Can you get that in writing?
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                    There's actually a website about those. <cough> An engineer showed me. NSFW obviously. But it occurs to me that if today's youth put as much effort into the space program as they did in those machines......we'd be on planets outside the solar system.

I will never be able to look at a Kitchen Aid mixer the same way again....
                    shit now neither will i and ive never seen what youve seen

Comment

Oh God, I'm sorry!
                      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Yep, definitely this guy was trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Maybe he wanted some extra cash for the video arcade or something. It always amazes me how things work when the employee tests the same objects the SC says don't work!

Comment

cyyyyyyborg, gimme the, gimme the... cyyyyyyborg, gimme the, gimme the, give me the chromiun coooobbb
                          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

O_O This thread made no sense to me.

Anyway, wow. What a freaking loser. Who tries to scam their company out of a few bucks? I mean really. Personally I would have laughed. "No, They are nonrefundable. I can exchange it if ya want though"
                            Military Spouse Support.
                            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
                            X