Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's try a lesson in cause-and-effect, shall we? You know the due date for your payment. You know your creditor, aka my employer, calls when you're X days past due. You say you go well over X every month.

Why, then, do you find it so outrageous that said creditor treats you just like every other borrower and calls when you hit X?

If I'd had any urge to interact with this particular jackass more than "take his payment so he gets off my phone ASAP", I'd have advised him that due dates can be adjusted if needed, but since he was so busy being a jackass, somehow that advice did not get dispensed.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      Your phone keeps cutting in and out. No, I'm not rude for not being able to understand you.
      We'd get dictations like that: "This is Doctor Annoying dictating [click] note on [click] 4987. [Click] to the clinic today with a complaint of [click], and also requests a refill of [click]. States that the [click] has been occurring for the past [click]."

And so on. More than once I had to track down the worst offenders and tell them to keep their fingers off the pause button until they learn how to use it. Some were appreciative of my help and did eventually get the hang of it; others would get snappy about me daring to correct them, as they were a doctor and I was nobody. Well, I was a nobody who could cause them a lot of grief if they refused to cooperate; one doctor got his operating privileges pulled until he got caught up on his dictations. He was not pleased, but he had no one to blame but himself. I have to admit to a certain lack of sympathy.

Comment

• Dear Big Fat Overpriced Company: You are not special. I don't give a rat's furry behind how much money you spend with us. When you call at FIVE MINUTES TO 5:00 ON FRIDAY OF A HOLIDAY WEEKEND, and expect us to put together a BIG SPECIAL AD for your client, you will get the price the computer says it comes to - no specials, no freebies, no diddly. There isn't a manager left in this building, a-holes, it's A THREE-DAY WEEKEND so there is no one here to kiss your entitled behinds and come up with a better price for you.

You already placed a smaller ad for this client. You did this YESTERDAY. Why didn't you talk to them about the bigger ad then and contact us at once for pricing? It would have been DONE by now. Oh but I forgot - you've made this same request 8 times in four years, ALWAYS at the last minute before a Sunday deadline, and ONLY ONCE have you actually bought the ad!!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
          others would get snappy about me daring to correct them, as they were a doctor and I was nobody. Well, I was a nobody who could cause them a lot of grief if they refused to cooperate
          Dr: I'm a doctor, dammit!
          ST: I'm not talking about your medical practice, bitch.

Yes I know the notes are part of the practice. You know what I mean.
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• Don't give me that look like I'm offensive. You were talking to your friend and I wasn't part of that conversation. I was focused on ringing her up. So when you said something about her 5 kids she's had since seeing you last being "a lot" I gave a non-committal answer. I don't know her. I don't know you. I do know some people have negative views about people having lots of kids, so I wasn't touching that. "hm, I suppose'" was as good an answer as any.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              Your phone keeps cutting in and out. No, I'm not rude for not being able to understand you.
              YES YES YES this ^^^^^^^^

Most of the phone calls my pizza place gets are made from cellphones and in my area especially near my house (for some reason) the cell signal SUCKS which results in cut-outs, talking underwater, heavy echo etc. add in quiet talkers, phone is 2 feet away from them and mumblers. NOW throw in NOISY party or screaming/wailing/screeching children in the background (sometimes right next to the phone) and that just compounds the problem even more.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• Quoth Minflick View Post
                My lovely library has a computer with a belt that reads the bar code on the book/other item, moves the belt so the book goes into a large bin in back, and lets you do all your own check ins that way. I've only found the machine to not work 1 or 2 times over the past 2 years. I LOVE it!
                One of our local libraries has a system that sounds similar, but you put the books into the return slot, one at a time, and it 'reads' the book and then marks it as returned. Except you have to know how to exactly put in each book and since this library is part of a county-wide system that allows you to check out books at any library in the county, no matter which city you have a library card in, not all the books are the same. I'm happy to let my kids check out books there, but we will not return books there after too many times where I've had to tell them to go look for the book. When we would return books there, I'd keep the receipts they issue when we check out books and mark when we returned them (day and time), just to keep it all straight.

Comment

• What is your problem? First you totally ignore my greeting and don't even look at me. Then when the price is wrong (probably you just can't read) I change it and you don't thank me. Then you cough on my hand; again no apology. And thanks so much for treating my parting sentiment the exact same way you dealt with my greeting. I feel sorry for your little girl; she's not going to learn any manners at all and turn out like you, I bet. Too bad; she's just adorable and I hate to see her ruined.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth justhere View Post
                    One of our local libraries has a system that sounds similar, but you put the books into the return slot, one at a time, and it 'reads' the book and then marks it as returned. Except you have to know how to exactly put in each book and since this library is part of a county-wide system that allows you to check out books at any library in the county, no matter which city you have a library card in, not all the books are the same. I'm happy to let my kids check out books there, but we will not return books there after too many times where I've had to tell them to go look for the book. When we would return books there, I'd keep the receipts they issue when we check out books and mark when we returned them (day and time), just to keep it all straight.
                    We feed ours in one at a time too, but it reads them OR tells you it couldn't, so you take it out and set it aside, and when you are finished with the rest of them, you take your oddball book over to the human and he/she checks it in for you. I think ours uses a magnetic strip, because it doesn't appear to care if the library bar code is up or down, it either sees the book or doesn't. And usually, it's an older book that it won't see, so it gets checked in the old way, with the bar code reader wand.

Comment

• Quoth Minflick View Post
                      We feed ours in one at a time too, but it reads them OR tells you it couldn't, so you take it out and set it aside, and when you are finished with the rest of them, you take your oddball book over to the human and he/she checks it in for you. I think ours uses a magnetic strip, because it doesn't appear to care if the library bar code is up or down, it either sees the book or doesn't. And usually, it's an older book that it won't see, so it gets checked in the old way, with the bar code reader wand.
                      my local library you can read a few books at a time, depending on the thickness of the book. it's maybe 4-5 inch slot. Kinda looks like this
                      (https://www.google.com.au/search?q=s...KXX4867FUdM%3A)

other libraries in the network can take a whole stack at a go as long as it's on the sensor pad. It kinda looks like this without the hand scanner
                      (https://www.google.com.au/search?q=s...EN5hzR0LwFM%3A )

Comment

• Sure, asshole, let me add a void to my shift, because you forgot you had gas, and want to pay for that and your pop together. I get that you're trying to avoid extra fees, but guess what? It takes a while for voided stuff to get reversed on the bank's level. Have fun with that.
                        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• If your card gets declined twice, I am not going to put it thru again cuz to do so would be pointless. You don't have any money, and you know you don't. Yes, I do have to go outside to take down your car details and yes, I am calling you a liar, cuz the registration you gave me is different to the one on your car. I'm fairly sure you won't come back and pay, so have fun when the bailiffs turn up at your door.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
                            We'd get dictations like that: "This is Doctor Annoying dictating [click] note on [click] 4987. [Click] to the clinic today with a complaint of [click], and also requests a refill of [click]. States that the [click] has been occurring for the past [click]."
                            Call me cynical, but what's the probability of, when they switch to voice recognition to save money on transcriptionists, the voice recognition system will happily transcribe the recording, not recognizing that it's incomplete. The problem will only be found when (possibly years later) somebody needs information from the transcription - and finds that vital details have been omitted (which a human transcriptionist would have recognized, and gone after the doctor to provide a complete recording)?
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                              Call me cynical, but what's the probability of, when they switch to voice recognition to save money on transcriptionists, the voice recognition system will happily transcribe the recording, not recognizing that it's incomplete. The problem will only be found when (possibly years later) somebody needs information from the transcription - and finds that vital details have been omitted (which a human transcriptionist would have recognized, and gone after the doctor to provide a complete recording)?
                              The probability is 100%, because it's already happened. I belong to a transcription board where some of the members edit medical documents produced by voice recognition software, and some of the stories I've read are truly scary. I've read about things like the doctor dictating one thing, but VR printing the exact opposite, which can be very dangerous when dealing with patient allergies. Then, of course, because we MTs don't have to "transcribe the entire report", those who edit are paid only 3 to 4 cents US per line, which is peanuts considering the importance of the information being handled. I'm sure sooner or later some hospital/doctor/etc. is going to be sued big time because of VR leaving out something important and the hospital/doctor/etc. was too cheap to hire some MTs to do the work, and someone will die. Unfortunately.

Comment

• I know this might seem like a petty thing to complain about, but ....

Please don't put your unneeded library materials on the book cart which I am currently shelving. We are supposed to keep track of the number of items we shelve, and how long it takes us, and your doing this can mess that up.

Comment

Working...
                                X