Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ma'am, you realize that with modern shipping and greenhouses MOST fruit is available everywhere? Apples and oranges are considered exotic around here.

"Also, please use a dictionary and look up your vocabulary. I don't think you realize, but you are using some words incorrectly. Have a nice day."

I'm proud of you for not putting up with that, and your manager did a good thing. Bravo on choosing not to serve her.
    If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

Wow Dave. When did your manager grow a spine or was he replaced?

My wife and I have taken a couple of cruises and we had to specifically order and pay for such extra goodies. Where is this EW coming from?
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I'm still curious as to exactly what types of fruit she wanted (I'm guessing something "odd" like starfruit, litchi, etc...buyable in supermarkets around here but more expensive). Besides, wouldn't true indigenous "exotic" fruits be more expensive anyway and therefore not provided in the free/usual baskets?

Technically, all fruit is "local" if it can be obtained there... *runs*
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I once laughed when someone started cussing me out, which made him even more upset. Respect is definitely dead, even among those SC's who claim to have worked in retail.

Comment

You know what? I yearn for the day when a manager will allow me to unleash the full force of the ribald side of my vocabulary on some ass who thinks they are cursing at me. I can curse in several languages and use streams of words that are painfully foul to the ear when strung together. I can wilt flowers at a hundered paces. At full voice, the sky darkens and the clouds swirl as my target's ears soften and melt from the profane utterings learned from a lifetime of study and one night sitting next to a merchant marine in a bar.

No one will let me give back to them though. But I can hope, right?
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I had a SC call one day, and long story short cursed me out, etc, etc. I gave him one warning than terminated the call. He called back did the same thing. Eventually he called the MOD and cursed her out. she game me permission to not answer calls for the rest of the shift.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                At full voice, the sky darkens and the clouds swirl as my target's ears soften and melt from the profane utterings learned from a lifetime of study and one night sitting next to a merchant marine in a bar.

No one will let me give back to them though. But I can hope, right?
                Okay, when I open my place, you are so heading the complaints department.

I've got to know, though, what your worst curse is.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                  I've got to know, though, what your worst curse is.
                  Well, the actual text would likely get me kicked. But it includes insults to both father and mother, the father's procreation abilities, the unlikely survival of said union due to weak organs and resultant expectorate, and that the union not only involved a farm animal, but that there was some confusion as to where the act should have taken place on said animal. All said as one sentence. From there I expand into multiple other areas, including prowess of my victim, lack of mental acumin, and postulations that the earth herself rebels at the existance of the victim.

I don't unleash myself very often even outside of work. I find cursing is most effective when you don't seem like the type to actually say such things.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                    Well, the actual text would likely get me kicked. But it includes insults to both father and mother, the father's procreation abilities, the unlikely survival of said union due to weak organs and resultant expectorate, and that the union not only involved a farm animal, but that there was some confusion as to where the act should have taken place on said animal. All said as one sentence. From there I expand into multiple other areas, including prowess of my victim, lack of mental acumin, and postulations that the earth herself rebels at the existance of the victim.

I don't unleash myself very often even outside of work. I find cursing is most effective when you don't seem like the type to actually say such things.

Okay, you've got to at least PM it to me. I want to try and memorize it for the next time my friends and I get into a round of "Insult Brawling". It's like Insult Sword-Fighting, but without the swords, and we score by points.

Grog for those that get the reference.
                    Last edited by JustADude; 08-14-2008, 10:09 AM.
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Cyrano de Burgerac. In the theatre scene.
                      How long is your nose anyway?

Comment

Quoth Moggie View Post
                        Cyrano de Burgerac.
                        Bergerac

Ah, the very best insult on record at not a curse word in the whole spiel. (Well, at least not in my English translation. I need to get a copy in French.)
                        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

so i take it, the insult is stronger than "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries" ?

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                            Bergerac

Ah, the very best insult on record at not a curse word in the whole spiel. (Well, at least not in my English translation. I need to get a copy in French.)
                            Wikisource should supply you with the original text. And as far as remember, there is very few curse words, and none that would be considered as such today, in the whole first act. This is one of my favorite plays and I just love the Cyrano character.
                            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth MTNLaurelPoacher
                              Wow... what a "Fruit Cake"

So did you send her an apple with a razor blade in it?
                              With the law of the land in place, I would hope not. With the rules of this board in place, we don't condone food tampering. I trust this is clear?

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X