This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ghel View Post
    I don't recognize those, but I thought of a few more. These are all by the same author.
    H. P Lovecraft

Quoth Ghel View Post
    An expedition from a Massachusetts university to Antarctica discovers an ancient city! Could it have been built by ancient aliens?
    At The Mountains of Madness

Quoth Ghel View Post
    Letters from a Vermont man document the appearance of fungoid aliens. Will the professor arrive before the aliens steal the man's brain?
    The Whisperer in Darkness

Quoth Ghel View Post
    A young man's physician investigates his patient's mental illness. You'll never guess what he finds hidden beneath the young man's bungalow!
    The Case of Charles Dexter Ward
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Large, scary fish terrorizes beach in tourist town. Read the story of how they killed it!
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Jaws.

Peter Benchley later said he was sorry he'd ever written it, because it demonized sharks and contributed to people's fear and hate of them.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          Jaws.

Peter Benchley later said he was sorry he'd ever written it, because it demonized sharks and contributed to people's fear and hate of them.
          There's a whole week on Discovery channel dedicated to them, though.

I didn't know that about Peter Benchley. I thought he wrote another book about shark attacks in the 1990's, too.
          Last edited by mjr; 12-06-2016, 09:49 PM.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

How did innocent, young boys turn an idyllic island getaway into a hellish litany of animal cruelty, arson and murder? And why did the lone adult among them do nothing?! The story will shock you!
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Lord of the Flies?

Quoth mjr View Post
              There's a whole week on Discovery channel dedicated to them, though.
              So the Discovery channel special event isn't about a visit from Aunt Flo?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                Down-on-his-luck P.I. finds secret to ultimate power by weather control!

Accountant picked on by boss one time to many! His office really went to the dogs!

Merlin's beard! What one private investigator found in his search of London's darkest corners will have you questioning reality!
                Almost forgot about this. I guess I should give some answers

Top-to-bottom:

Storm Front, Dresden Files book 1 by Jim Butcher

Monster Hunters International by Larry Correia

Something From the Nightside by Simon R. Green
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Boy was raised by wolves! Read about his incredible survival!!!

Crusading lawyer saves man who signed a truly hellish contract!!!

Aristocratic sleuth solves mysteries! "Magical!"

His sister's bracelet sends both young siblings on the run!!!

What awful creature slew the king's knights at night? Read how a hero confronted it!!

Real estate agent claims customer rose from dead!! Story pg. 2!!
                  I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                  - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Quoth paxillated View Post
                    Crusading lawyer saves man who signed a truly hellish contract!!!

What awful creature slew the king's knights at night? Read how a hero confronted it!!
                    Devil and Daniel Webster

Beowulf
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Way to go, Wolfie! I really thought I'd beat 'em with the Devil and D. W.

Please take a shot at the others!

Two are classics. I've given both of them grocery store tabloid type headlines.
                      One of the others is a "young adult" fantasy I first read @45 years ago. I re-read it a few weeks ago; so much for the "young" part! The other is not just the usual kind of SF/fantasy. The author's initials are R. G. And if I wasn't in the middle of a Golden Age Mystery fit, I'd re-read it starting tonight.

An addition: a series.
                      This Chinese judge will solve your problems! Apply to his tribunal today!

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Real estate agent claims customer rose from dead!! Story pg. 2!!
                        Dracula by Bram Stoker?
                        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Ghel got it!

That makes 3 out of the 4 classics...

Comment

Boy was raised by wolves! Read about his incredible survival!!!
                            I keep wanting to say that this one is The Jungle Book by Kipling. (I've never read it so can't say for certain.)

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
                              Ooh, can I do this for the novel I'm writing?

This Priest Has a Dirty Secret...And It's Not What You Think!

Alternatively...

This Man is Older Than You Think. His Secret to Staying Young Will Shock You!

Though that could just as easily pass for a clickbait headline for The Picture of Dorian Gray...
                              Heehee

I'm trying to complete another fanfic novella (sequel to the first one I finished a number of years ago) so I guess it would go something like this:

New Spy Boss has 99 problems already . . . You'll never guess what #100 is.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

You're right, Sakka! I'm a major Kipling fan.

That leaves only:

Aristocratic sleuth solves mysteries! "Magical!"

His sister's bracelet sends both young siblings on the run!!!

This Chinese judge will solve your problems! Apply to his tribunal today!

Comment

Working...
                                X