Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You won't believe what this amazing computer can do!

He returned to the home he never knew and founded a love cult!

This amazing thing has abilities no one can even understand!

(Man, those all look super generic...)
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

He returned to the home he never knew and founded a love cult!
      Stranger in a Strange Land - Robert Heinlein.

Is my "slumland church" reference too obscure?

Comment

Hamlet? It's not really a book so I'm not sure it counts
        It could be A Game of Thrones.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          It could be A Game of Thrones.
          Ding ding ding! We have a winner! And I've only just now realized that I should have said "king's chief advisor" rather than king himself, but you still got it.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            An up and coming civil servant on a hot career path goes on the lam to join the rebellious part of society.
            Fahrenheit 451.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Vengeful man pursues his enemy into inhospitable lands. You won't believe what happens next!
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

The Gunslinger. I think our bookcases must have a lot in common, Jay.
                https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Kids are invited to a candy maker's factory only most of them won't leave alive [or so says the internet rumor]
                  ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Recently paroled convict travels the country with an old grifter. You won't believe what happens next!

Comment

Quoth darkroxas45 View Post
                      Kids are invited to a candy maker's factory only most of them won't leave alive [or so says the internet rumor]
                      Gene Wilder's life story

(Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)

Am I the only one who thinks this should be moved to the "Games" forum?
                      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                        Gene Wilder's life story

(Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
                        DING DING DING! I actually went and saw Willy Wonka and Blazing Saddles tonight because select AMC theaters were playing them for $5 each movie Sat and Sun
                        ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          Recently paroled convict travels the country with an old grifter. You won't believe what happens next!
                          American Gods
                          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Down-on-his-luck P.I. finds secret to ultimate power by weather control!

Accountant picked on by boss one time to many! His office really went to the dogs!

Merlin's beard! What one private investigator found in his search of London's darkest corners will have you questioning reality!
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I don't recognize those, but I thought of a few more. These are all by the same author.

An expedition from a Massachusetts university to Antarctica discovers an ancient city! Could it have been built by ancient aliens?

Letters from a Vermont man document the appearance of fungoid aliens. Will the professor arrive before the aliens steal the man's brain?

A young man's physician investigates his patient's mental illness. You'll never guess what he finds hidden beneath the young man's bungalow!
                              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Couple more by different authors:

Nazi spy learns of D-Day deception - he must be stopped!

Drug ring murders mule, her ex-Navy-SEAL boyfriend takes revenge.

That plane is NOT friendly - the hunt is on to destroy it.
                                Last edited by wolfie; 09-07-2016, 08:22 PM. Reason: Thought of another one
                                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X