Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to say this very quickly and then run, because I know how some of you are going to react... This thread has made the song "That's Not My Name" by the Ting Tings gets stuck in my head. There. I said it. *runs very quickly away*
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Hahaha just read another name thread All I have to say,

"Is your name not Bruce?"

"No. Its John"

"Right. That might cause a bit of confusion. Mind if we call you Bruce?"

Comment

I suck at remembering names. I had a customer the other day that goes to my parents' church and knows my mother. Within 20 minutes I forgot her name. I text my mom 'I rang up Jane Smith (?) today. Her son John is bro's age.' She knew who I meant cause she's epic at remembering people's names. She's many times started a story 'so the other day I saw <mother of a classmate from 5th grade>. She says hi.' Cue me going: what? Who's that? I'm pretty good with faces though. I moved to Baltimore for two years and when I moved back to my home town I immediately recognized people I hadn't seen in over 2 years. The other day a high school classmate came in to buy something. I looked at him and said 'I think I went to school with you... Chemistry with <kick ass teacher>?' Don't remember the dude's name though.
        (sorry for the ramblings. I'm sleep deprived.)
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          But Dad, I'm JESUS CHRIST!!
          I have no idea what the reference is, but this made me immediately think "He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy"
          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

My hubby and I are both pretty bad with names, to the point that when we are together and run into someone the other knows, we both know that if we don't get an introduction, don't be hurt, we just can't remember their name.

I'm a bit more outgoing than hubby so will sometimes introduce myself, which helps hubby get their name, but when it's reversed he will just stand there and smile while I'm desperately racking my brain!

In saying that though, if I call someone the wrong name and they correct me, especially more than once, I am gonna remember that!

Also, my name is Rebecca, but I've been called Rachel so many times in my life, even by family members, that I will respond if I hear Rachel called out.
            "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

Lol! I have always found it odd that whenever someone calls me by the wrong name, that name is ALWAYS 'Sue'! For years, my Personnel Manager called me that, coworkers called me that, random strangers called me that......my name is Sandy. I must look like a 'Sue'!
              I no longer fear HELL.
              I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Sometimes I introduce myself as Tobi, because it's a nickname a friend gave me once and to me it makes things easier. See my given name is Holly. When I was in high school there were 5 other Hollys, so it got confusing. Not to mention that Pauly, Paule, Coleen, Molly, etc. People either called me that by accident, or I hear one of those names and think someone is talking to me. Or someone says Holly, they want other Holly, but when they want me I think they are talking to someone else.

So at times I introduce myself as Tobi. The issue is that I have certain acquaintances who feel the need to correct me. One time this happened when I was hanging out with a friend named Holly, and someone asked me my name. I said Tobi. But Holly's friend corrected everyone and told them my name was Also Holly. So they called me Also Holly all night.
                Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
                  Lol! I have always found it odd that whenever someone calls me by the wrong name, that name is ALWAYS 'Sue'! For years, my Personnel Manager called me that, coworkers called me that, random strangers called me that......my name is Sandy. I must look like a 'Sue'!
                  I'll remember that the next con I see you at, Enjis. And to me, you look more like Sandy than Sue. I never would have thought that. Huh.
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Start calling him Bruce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA
                    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

My sister and I graduated from the same university. In fact, her last year there was my first and we got to take a few gen-ed classes together, which was fun. :3

Even after she graduated, though, if I took a class with the same professor who taught one of the classes *she* took, I would inevitably get called by her name at least once that semester. The only thing even slightly similar about our names is they both have 3 syllables and both end with a vowel sound (even though people almost never call me 'Kimberly' and usually just go with 'Kim' or, on occasion, 'Miss *my last name*').
                      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                        I have no idea what the reference is, but this made me immediately think "He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy"
                        The great Bill Cosby. that paritcular quote is from his Himself concert film

Clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZNUlsD9GYc
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I always tell people that "I may forget a face, but I never remember a name!"
                          It's funny cos it's true. *blush*
                          Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
                          It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                            Start calling him Bruce.
                            Check out the movies They Call Me Bruce and My Name Is Bruce, and of course Bruce the Shark from Finding Nemo.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                            X