Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious: where was the other customer during all this? Did she speak up and tell the clerk to void it out and she'd repay on the correct pump herself?

I have assume she was still on the grounds since the clerk pressured you into refunding the other customer.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

There is so much wrong with what he did, I dont know where to begin.

The other customer made the mistake, the clerk should have reversed the transaction and the first customer pays her correct amount - easy.

Firstly. regardless of response you received from corporate, I would still pursue it. This place is trading on their reputation and I'm sure they would not like to see their good name dragged thru the media.

Secondly, I would make some discreet inquiries as to who owns the actual site. There should be company name on the premises somewhere. Find out who the manager / owner is and contact them.

Thirdly, contact your local current affairs program, tell your story. What he did was unacceptable. You did nothing wrong and were traumatised for his incompetence.

I hope it gets resolved quickly for you so you can move on.

Please keep us posted.
      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Wow I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. I'd like to hear updates as well.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Something is VERY wrong there. That should NEVER happen. That guy should get suspended or even fired. Yes, I said it. That was entirely unacceptable. I'd certainly get fired for doing something like that! You don't EVER yell at anybody for that reason! I'd have refused all the way, tell the cashier to shove it up his ass and learn to do his job without taking it out on me!

And the cuz you're a woman thing? That is also unacceptable! I sincerely hope you raise hell for that. That guy should NOT get off easy! Seriously. I don't usually make complaints and I am an overall shy person but this is something you need to raise hell about. Sorry, I just want to go over there and yell at him and make him feel like crap for doing that to you.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
            Just curious: where was the other customer during all this? Did she speak up and tell the clerk to void it out and she'd repay on the correct pump herself?

I have assume she was still on the grounds since the clerk pressured you into refunding the other customer.
            She was right there the whole time but saidnothing other than glaring at me as if it was all my fault.
            Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Here is a nonupdate

Corporate asked to pass my details on to the garage concerned which I gave them permission to do at lunchtime yesteday.

I am thinking that a whole day today is enough time for the garage concerned to speak to the member of staff and investigate and then either call or email me.

It is now teatime the next day and they have done neither.

Now I am not usually sucky and nor do I complain as a rule, however I have kind of decided that if there is no response by the end of tomorrow eg two and a half days later, then I am going to start kicking and so is boyfriend who thinks it is appalling as well.

Or does anyone think i should give them to the end of the week?

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
                Or does anyone think i should give them to the end of the week?
                Nope. You've already given them plenty of time to call you and let you know they're looking into it, even if they haven't reached a conclusion yet.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I read in Reader's Digest that a good tactic is to look online for the email addresses of the higher ups in a corporation and send a complaint email to them. They recieve fewer of these then the normal avenues, are much more concerned about them, and have more power to fix things. If the station is indepenant it might not help but maybe it will.

Comment

All the cashier had to do then was void the customer's receipt then put in the correct pump details and have her pay again.

Instead he started shouting at me that I would have to go and get cash so the customer could be refunded. (wtf?)
                    indeed! His solution was way more complicated than what should have been done.
                    the clerk turned to the rest of the people waiting, pointed at me and said "see this woman, she's held you all up because she's mentally incapable of understanding a simple instruction".
                    Oh. HELL. No! That is wrong on so many levels. This guy put the "suck" in "sucky employee"!

Don't drop this matter, whatever you do. That's what corporate wants you to do, they're hoping if they drag it out long enough, you'll give up and go away. You have been wronged, and you deserve to have the situation righted. If corporate and local management won't help you, go to the government agency that regulates them, go to the media, do what needs to be done. This jerk needs to be taught a lesson, and so do the higher-ups who won't take responsibility.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

As someone who works in a servo here's how your experience should have gone:

(CSA=Customer Service Attendant)

CSA re-creates your pump details
                      You pay for your fuel
                      CSA apologizes for the delay, tells you to have a nice day
                      You leave and have a nice day
                      CSA waits a few minutes just to make idiot other customer suffer
                      unless it's busy in which case CSA finishes current line of customers while SC waits aside
                      CSA then refunds original incorrect sale
                      fixes up correct sale
                      tells SC to read the damn pump next time and stop staring at the candy bars when CSA is confirming your pump number
                      SC leaves grumbling and swearing
                      CSA rolls eyes and reaches for their drink
                      "F*ck the begrudgers" - Billy Connolly

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                        Nope. You've already given them plenty of time to call you and let you know they're looking into it, even if they haven't reached a conclusion yet.
                        Agreed. You've waaaayy too tolerant, IMHO.

And that other customer should have stepped up and owned the fact her screwup caused this whole mess.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Here is an update.

I said I would give them to tonight to respond,and actually I really don't think it would be too much trouble for the independant retailer to phone or email and say, even if they can't give an explanation right now, "we are looking into it".

And what have I had from them? Fuck all.

So, tonight I have emailed corporate again, to say that they obviously don't give a damn about customer service despite promising me they would ensure the complaint was looked at, and I am very disappointed in the lack of customer care shown by such a large company.

Now if that doesn't elicit a response by the end of TOMORROW, then I will be going to media and other organisations.

Comment

Good. Don't let them goad you into giving up. They made the mistake, they need to correct it.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Well, I am still not clear if they overcharged you or if they undercharged you. I assume they overcharged you? In which case, that's not legal and I would call the credit card company and see if you can get them to dispute the charges. Not sure if that works in other countries. I would not have paid though because they could argue that you are now trying to scam them.

I'd definitely try the credit card company too because sometimes they can be strict with the smaller businesses to follow rules.

Comment

If there's a problem with weights and measures in the UK then Trading Standards is the organisation to get on board Each council area has their own Trading Standards - a very small amount of time online will give you their contact info.

Citizens Advise will be able to point you in the right direction for renumeration should it be required.

The fact that the filling station isn't owned/operated by the parent organisation isn't that suprising - a large number of filling stations merely pay to have the name, how it's run is up to the individual petrol station.
                                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                                X