This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am shaking with anger now

basically a senior executive called my boyfriend and basically said fuck off we don't give a flying fuck.

what he said was "we retrained the person and thats the end of it"

no compensation offered for what was an extremely humiliating and upsetting experience, and they just admitted the person had no right to do it.

I've emailed them and said i don't appreciate being told to fuck off and not bother them again in this offhand manner, it's just as bad as the original experience.

So this goes to media as soon as I can get hold of anyone.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

I am so sorry. That is terrible. I hope you can get a hold of someone in the media. This is wrong, at the very least they could have pretended they cared and they could have done something.

Comment

I have now emailed local media to see if they wold be interested in the story, also the consumer watchdog, to report dodgy practices.

And all this, dear readers, could have been avoided by the application of a sincere and well timed "we are sorry".

Comment

If you can, print out a copy of all the correspondence you send to the media and mail it to the corp. and the store schmuck after a few days.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Oh, yeah. Stick it to them for everything it's worth!

Don't just send it to one media source. Hit up all of the local places (radio as well as print) and maybe one or two bigger publications. This is just the sort of "human interest" piece that they seem to love going with.

I won't buy gas from Beach Thing station because it has always left any car I've ever driven knocking and pinging and generally running poorly, and is always the most expensive place in town, sometimes even more than The Spirit station, which sells a higher quality of gas as it's base.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't remember where I read it but somewhere I read that something like 80% of all lawsuits could be avoided if more corporations were more up front and apologetic at the initial complaint. Generally as they sandbag, people start seeing no recourse other than suing the company. This looks like a perfect example of that.

Comment

The stupid thing is that this was never about money.

Given that they sell bunches of flowers very very cheaply, and get them wholesale even cheaper than that, they could have sent me a bunch of flowers with a note saying we are genuinely sorry and i would have accepted it.
                Or even asked me to drop by if they didn't want to pay to deliver flowers and apologised to me in person at the same time.

Cost to them of such a gesture? £1.50/$2.00 AT THE MOST.

This says to me plainly "Telephoneangel has been through an upsetting experience which was all our fault, we admit that, but fuck her if she's costing us a couple of bucks to put it right".

Comment

Not only would it not even show up on their bottom line to send you something by way of apology, but they could have written the expense off, too.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

any updates?? I'm very interested to hear what happens next!!
                    Here's your sign...

Comment

ok, another update, and this time I'm fighting!

on Friday morning I sent beach thing corporate an email saying i required a response immediately and I was not happy with thier replies to me so far, and if this was not done, i would take things much further.

I have not heard back from trading standards or the media and I must follow this up at the end of the end of the week but to concetrate on beach thing, I looked up whether I could make a claim against them in court for distress caused by their actions, which they have fully admitted in their phone calls.

So thismorning as they refuse to reply I sent them another email.

"I, telephoneangel, wish to inform you that this is a formal notification of my taking legal action against you, to which end I request the names of the epeople involved in this disgraceful scenarion, that I might bring legal judgement against them".

Watch this space to see if I get any reply, they have seven days, after which, if there is no reply, I will enter a legal case against them. I would not think they expectedthat, probably thought if they ignored me long enough I would go away.

But this willl be for all the little people whp have been badly treated and not known how to stnd up for themselves.

They picked on the wrong person when they started this nonsense with me then refused to apologise in a reasonable manner.

Comment

This situation is a bunch of bullhocky! Go for the legal action and put them in their place! Go you!
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Go get 'em, TA!

^-.-^

Comment

Now, maybe I'm not reading the OP correctly, but... isn't this kinda making mountains out of a molehill? You want to sue for, what? Embarassment and hurt feelings? Is that really worth the trouble?

Your claim is going to be passed off to the legal department, you're going to get whatever your laws require in return, and that's it. You're not going to teach anybody a lesson there. No one in the company's management is going to sit at his desk and say, By God now I see the light!

This isn't going to trouble them, because their lawyers will be taking care of all the details necessary. You, on the other hand, will either have to hire a lawyer (fronting the cash, until you hopefully receive a ruling in your favor), or make sure yourself that every filing fee, deadline and court rule is accounted for. Not to mention then state your case in court - if it comes to that - against the opposition's lawyer.
                            Last edited by crazylegs; 03-30-2010, 09:20 PM. Reason: Removing a bit to prevent a BOP
                            You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

It wasn't just embarrassment it was public humiliation after insisting she pay in an unconventional, clunky, and frankly hard to follow manner that could have easily been the credit equivalent of a quick change scheme. Then it was refusing to look into the matter or even apologize for the actions taken by the employee.

TA gave them more than enough time to rectify the situation, she didn't jump straight to legal action. If she had that would have been a bit over the top but this is completely warranted and well within the realm of understandable action.
                              Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Quoth shankyknitter View Post
                                It wasn't just embarrassment it was public humiliation after insisting she pay in an unconventional, clunky, and frankly hard to follow manner that could have easily been the credit equivalent of a quick change scheme. Then it was refusing to look into the matter or even apologize for the actions taken by the employee.

TA gave them more than enough time to rectify the situation, she didn't jump straight to legal action. If she had that would have been a bit over the top but this is completely warranted and well within the realm of understandable action.
                                What knitter said ^
                                Last edited by d962831; 03-31-2010, 04:58 AM.
                                We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Working...
                                X