Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
    Why do you insist on revving that engine every. half. hour?
    Little Dick Syndrome, or LDS. Down the street from my mom is a guy who "works on" motorcycles and shitbox economy cars. Trust me buddy, that Honda Civic you spent hours fixing up will still lose to my 1959 Radio-Flyer "station wagon" at the lights Anyway, nearly every summer weekend, my mom and I will be having some wine out on her patio. Without fail, he'll start one of those things up, and will redline it. I can understand starting it up, gradually increasing the RPMs, but this goes far past it. Vroom vroom vroooooooom for a few minutes before he shuts it off. 10 minutes later, he does it again, and again. At least he did until last summer. As usual, we're out on the patio, one of those contraptions starts revving its nuts off...followed by the usual "it's going to pop" smell (if you've ever had an engine about to fail, you know what I mean), a loud expensive bang, and then a lot of cursing. Seems he was messing with his motorcycle, and blew up the engine
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• Quoth Valentinian View Post
      Did your friend’s neighbour tune drunk? Because my neighbour tunes drunk. The vehicles probably wouldn’t need tuning so often if he didn’t.

And you’re more creative than me, all my swear words were coming out starting with f last night.
      At the ass-crack of dawn? I hope they weren't drunk. By about 9am they would stop and drive off. Damn. I should have called the police on them as a suspected drunk driver.

The creative swearing comes from going to an all girls catholic high school, having a friend in the air force cadets, reading non-age appropriate books and then having a younger brother that started his carpentry apprenticeship at the age of 15 (with the required trade school time). I love new cuss and swear words.

I have out sworn (out sweared?) a couple of drunk sailors from Lizzie's navy on my first trip to Belfast. I really hope that at least one of their friends were sober enough to remind them of it the next day. I really, really hope they remembered how adorable they looked blushing when I dropped a long string of words that ended with cunt. And, no, I didn't pay for any drinks for the rest of the night.
      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

• It is nine thirty, why is your small child outside screaming hyperactively?!

Comment

• Speaking of 9:30, I have this the dude outside right now: not everyone goes to bed before 10:00 but I can guarantee no one but you cares about that stereo in your car. We're not impressed that you wasted your money on it and it's not cold enough that you have to run your engine a half hour to warm it up. I really don't know who you're trying to impress.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• I don't know if they even notice how loud the music is after a while? Growing up my house was wayyyy back from the street. Like, from my house you walked a bit, then you got to the driveway, then you drove out to a little dirt road, then you drove on that until you got to the street. Sometimes we could STILL HEAR stereo bass in our house. Just think about how loud that had to be. And this was out in the boonies, so it wasn't like other people were closer and could be impressed by this stupid stereo. I just think some people can't be alone with their thoughts.

At my old apartment some of my neighbors couldn't even walk from their car to their apartment (a 30 second walk at most) without their awful cell phone speakers blasting.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              some people can't be alone with their thoughts.
              So much truth here . . .

Comment

• I do not care what time it is. There is NO REASON to be sitting there revving your engine for 15 minutes. I'm sick and tired of you people with your compensation truck nonsense! No. one. cares. No one is impressed. Inconsiderate behavior is not attractive.

Comment

• I don't know if you think that you have a right to do this because you pay rent....for the past three days, one of you has come in rattling your cartful of cans under my damn window at FOUR AM. I like my window cracked open at night (and have to have it cracked because the heating is messed up). My right to 'quiet enjoyment' trumps your 'right' to keep doing something that you damn well know disturbs most of us that have windows at the back of the building. Time for another email to managment.

(I really do think these people can't understand English seeing as both of us have actually talked to them about this many times)
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• English or not, it's ridiculous behavior and that *should* be obvious.

Comment

• When our rent was half what it is now, this place was billed as a "professional" property and the assorted ordinances were strictly enforced....one would think they would want to keep up that image in order to get the rents they're seeking.

The male of the pair came in at TWO this morning...I know there's a small child living in the apartment as well and she's been dragged along on daytime 'excursions'. There's something weird going on there....I just hope we can manage to file enough complaints to get them tossed (I have a sinking feeling we're the only ones to ever actually complain though).
                      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 03-20-2018, 12:00 AM.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• OK, this one isn't necessarily sucky; it's more like scary . . .

My late sixties next door neighbor appears to be missing. As in, the apartment office is asking her neighbors if they know anything about her whereabouts.

Her power and phone have been shut off for nonpayment, her stuff's still here, and the who-do-we-contact-in-an-emergency hasn't heard from her either . . .

Wishing for a large dog at the moment.

Comment

• Please keep us updated if you can. I'm really concerned!

Comment

• Forgive me, but have they entered the apartment? I'd be worried she had passed and it had gone unnoticed, as of yet.

Comment

• Dear Neighbor to the left:

Everyone under our HOA got the memo plus HOA rules to read, sign, and return at the beginning of LAST month. The HOA gives a good amount of time for EVERYONE to read and return, like a month or two, before they start wondering what's going on. Don't come to me, or anyone on our street for that matter, and complain that you weren't aware of it. We all got it roughly the same time.

And don't act like the HOA is asking for a lot in the way of these rules, either; they're TAME compared to other HOA's. I know you're taking high offence to the 'keep your pet on a leash or in a fenced in yard when outside' and the 'please supervise all minors under the age of XX ' rules, because you don't think they apply to you. Either deal with it or move.
                              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• Quoth M'oh Less View Post
                                Forgive me, but have they entered the apartment? I'd be worried she had passed and it had gone unnoticed, as of yet.
                                That actually happened to an upstairs neighbor of mine once. He tended toward the reclusive, and had apartments in two towns, so it took about a week for anyone to realize he was missing.

Not pleasant at all when he was found.
                                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                                X