• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would be irritated by that.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      Anyways, several days now, she must be walking up and down the length of her apartment, in some kind of heeled shoes (boots, or something). Her place has hardwood floors. And it's not like a normal walk, not like casually walking from the kitchen to the living room, or from the living room to the bathroom. It's like she's striding very quickly up and back, pacing.
      Could be she's trying to break in the boots before she uses them to go out in. A friend of mine used to do that; she'd do everything at home, even the hoovering, in the new shoes until she felt like she could wear them out without being crippled.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• The downstairs neighbor finally claimed his laundry. I hope he washed them again, since they're likely to get mildewy if left in the basement for any length of time.

But he hasn't taken out the bag of trash that's been sitting on the landing that he shares with the basement steps. I can tell it's the same bag from the pink label that's plastered to the inside of the plastic. It's been there at least two weeks.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Dear Neighbor Across the Street:

I'm pleased and glad that you wanted to get a new deck so that you can spend time outside on it, or at least what would've been a new deck. What I am, or more like was, not pleased nor glad about, is you throwing a hissy fit when the people you hired to build said deck, are no longer able to finish this project due to the amount of complaints their boss, and the local PD, received about the piss-poor decisions these workers made. In fact, the actual business is no longer allowed in my community due to these complaints. Let me elaborate about the complaints that came just from me:

**Blocking my driveway so that I could neither get in or get out of it.

**Parking more then two trucks in the middle of the road in a fashion so that no one could get around without having to go a block [or two] away to get through.

**Starting any construction at 6 or 7 in the damn morning, if not earlier.

**Leaving debris in the middle of the road and not cleaning it up, resulting in more then just myself running over said debris. The company is damn glad that no one was hurt!

Had any of this happened once, maybe twice, your deck would've been finished by now instead of it being only 20% complete and a company most likely wouldn't have to explain to the cops about any of it. You are also damn lucky that there hadn't been any emergencies. So, no, we aren't "out to rob you of enjoying mornings on a deck", some of us just didn't want to have to wonder if we could get down our street or not.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• Seriously, STOP SLAMMING THE DOOR!!! There's no reason to slam it so hard that it shakes the walls.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
              I'm actually happy that rents are going up. Maybe that will weed out the tenants with trashy behavior.
              Money = / = good behaviour, unfortunately. At least, it's not an automatic guarantee. But maybe it'll force the worst offenders out.

I'm lucky; I live in a neighbourhood composed almost entirely of retirees, so there's not a whole lot of kegger parties or anything.

But at some point I'll be back looking for an apartment. Hopefully I'll find a good one.
              Last edited by Pixelated; 04-08-2017, 01:06 AM.
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Random garbage appeared in the yard while I was gone playing D&D: a hunk of 1x8 about 18" long, the receivers from a satellite dish, a piece of plastic about 6"x12" (it doesn't look like it's from a satellite dish), and a Christmas ornament, among other things. I guess the downstairs neighbor was just pitching things out in the yard?
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

• This is about my room mate... Stop putting all our dishes together im getting annoyed at the fact that im doing your dishes do your OWN and if they sit there for 2 weeks well tuff shit. you call out to work more then me have less bills then me and make more money then me and think staying home is okay because you didn't sleep well and then cant afford the little rent I do charge you.... NO I CAN NOT WORK WITH YOU if u don't go to work im done I have my own bills some of witch have gone up because you guys moved in I need that money to pay bills, second STOP sending things down the garbage disposable with out tuning it on and if it doesn't work inform me so I can replace it... Microwave broke no one seamed to inform me till I asked about the stupid thing and my family forked out the money to replace it, garbage disposable yah no problem beans and noodles clog it to the point of no return.... I work 40+ hours a week and im just over it today thanks for letting me vent.

Comment

• I'm a stinker. I just submitted a maintenance request online for my apartment. I threw in that the next door neighbors probably need their door looked at because "they can't get it closed without slamming it." Sometimes you have to be passive aggressive.

Comment

Seriously, STOP SLAMMING THE DOOR!!! There's no reason to slam it so hard that it shakes the walls.
                      Too bad you can't implement Don White's cure for door-slamming teenage daughters... Replace all the doors with the vinyl accordion folding ones!
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm a stinker. I just submitted a maintenance request online for my apartment. I threw in that the next door neighbors probably need their door looked at because "they can't get it closed without slamming it." Sometimes you have to be passive aggressive.
                        Sweet! P-A can be fun.

Comment

• To the neighbor across the alley - I'm really tempted to sign you up for information on recycling and how to handle trash, because you're either really lazy and/or stupid. It gets REALLY annoying when you fill up the bins with the wrong materials, and nobody else can use them because of you.

Comment

• To my next-door neighbor--No more howling dogs. Please.

About a week ago these neighbors would be gone all day and all night and I kept hearing a dog howling. The neighbor on the other side (I'm in an apartment complex) and I each went to the police, at separate times. I later found out there's a dog, a puppy, and a cat in there.

So far I haven't heard it again. But seriously, people--take care of your pets!
                            Know why it's called the American "Dream"? 'Cause you have to be asleep to believe it! --George Carlin

Comment

• Dear neighbor. I know you moved from a house, and it's pretty clear you haven't rented an apartment for some time. I tried not to be resentful that you get to have a dog and a cat, when nobody else is allowed to have more than one animal, and the lease strictly excludes dogs.* You're generally nice, I shouldn't be cranky at you. HOWEVER. Stop putting crap in the hallways. You put down weird doormats which I don't like because they are very thick and I tend to trip on them. You put not one, but two giant fake trees in the hallway.You left a big desk in the hallway with a note that said "free" for a while. You left a bunch of boxes, some full some empty, in the basement for a while. These are shared spaces. You don't get to just decide you think it's pretty and clutter up the place. You don't get to fill up the hall and basement with your cast offs.

*I don't know if the landlord changed policies or if it is an emotional support animal. It is certainly not a service dog, if it is it's the worst behaved one I've seen. She doesn't keep it on a leash, and although I thought it would learn to stop barking, it still barks fairly often. I don't want to sound like I'm mad at her for having an ESA, if that's what it is. Just that she's basically taken over the building and her dog is loud and hard to ignore.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• This one definitely needs a formal complaint to your landlord about the noise from the barking dog, emphasizing that the standard lease prohibits dogs. Would help if a bunch of your neighbours submitted similar complaints.
                                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X