X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back To School ---- Limited quantity means just that

Yeah,

Back to School is a nightmare so far. This is the second time I'd have gone through it, but last year they didn't have several things:

1.) Heelies
    2.) Largest Recorded Drop of Intelligence In History

We advertise a, naturally, back to school sale since August is pretty much here; well, on most of our sale items we will have a quantity limit of five or more. Naturally, everyone and their damn brother is going to want to break the limit. This is a personal pet peeve of mine, and one lady wanted to be a complete ass about it.

Me: Order
    SC: Chaos

*SC comes up to my register with two baskets full of 24 count crayons*

Me: I'm sorry maam but I'm afraid that I am forced to limit your purchase to five boxes of crayons. I'm afraid I will have to put the rest of these back.

SC: I'm a teacher. I shouldn't have to be subjected to the same policies as regular people.

Me: (*Thinking, "ooohhkkaayy who died and made you queen, forgive us for not rolling out the red carpet you douche") Irregardless maam if I were to make the exception for you, then I'd have to make it for everyone. We would like product left for other customers to take advantage of our great deals.

SC: This is ridiculous! I am a teacher!

Me: Five.

SC: I am a -TEACHER-!

SC: Look, I am an instructor bettering the future of tomorrow's kids. I am a donating member of society and (here it comes!) I've been shopping here for years! I don't think your supervisor would appreciate it if one of his best customers was treated in such a manner. *Waving finger at me*

Me: ....................Five.

SC: YOU SON OF A MOTHE---okay, look, fine, I'll just buy these, walk out, and come back in.

Me: Okay *Smiles*

*SC ACTUALLY walks back in a second time after putting her crayons away and comes up to register with five more*

Me: I'm sorry maam, but I believe I had informed you that just five minutes ago that you are limited to five only.

SC: How do you know that? I don't have a receipt and I don't have the crayons with me, so ha!

Me: I go on lunch in one hour. Feel free to get them from the cashier that relieves me.

SC: *Smirks* Thank you.

Me: *Informs the cashier of everything and wanders off to lunch*

I had informed the cashier that I had just given the woman five boxes, and apparently.... I never said she was going to be SUCCESSFUL in getting them from the cashier that relieves me.

I was turned in to my SM, but my SM dismissed it and told me next time to just give it to her. I'm sorry but I was having a bad day and I felt like playing with my prey.

People are forever trying to push quantity limits at my store during sales. They say things like, "Well ine then, I'll buy five, my husband will buy five, my two-year-old will buy five, my dead grnadmother will buy five," and so on.
    I usually tell people that's simply unfair, and remind them how little they would enjoy it if THEY came into the store only to learn another family had bought all the product we had on sale.
    Some people say they don't care, others say they don't care but I can see in their face they have no retort.
    Limits are limits. The end.

Comment

We have limits on our BTS sale items as well, but they only apply to the sale prices. You can buy up to the limit and get the sale price; if you buy an more than that you are charged a higher price for each one over the limit.

We are either having a teacher appreciation day coming up, or we had it today or yesterday (haven't worked the past two days). Teachers get a discount on supplies they purchase for their classrooms. Maybe that would be an idea for your store to consider.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It's sad that some teachers have to buy their supplies out of their own pockets, though. If the teacher could have actually gotten crayons with her budget, she would have ordered them through the standard supply catalogue. I can imagine, however, that one could deduct those expenses from one's taxes.

Comment

We used to have ridiculous deals at Pick-N-Slave.

I mean like 12 packs of Pepsi products for $2 each or something, a limit of 10.

Would you believe some retarded guy actually got 10, then put a coat on, came back, got 10 more, then put an orange hat on, came back, got 10 more? Judas Priest!!!

Or a family came in, mom dad and two little ones. Each one had a cart with 10 cases of pop in it.

I'd be livid if I walked into a store and they were out because some greedy family or greedy son of a bitch kept coming back and getting more stuff.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

Or a family came in, mom dad and two little ones. Each one had a cart with 10 cases of pop in it.

what the hell do you do with 40 cases of soda?! that's 480 cans. I can guarantee it will be on sale again somewhere before you go through all that!

as for crayon lady, I can understand her position but come on... i guess it's good she's not requiring all the students to buy a million different supplies, but still...you're not the only teacher in town!
            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 08-09-2007, 02:00 AM.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well hell, bookstore, it was only $20 for 10 of them. Nowadays a 12 pack of soda pop is nearly $4.

I still don't know who in their right mind would let children drink that much soda pop...but that's just me.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                Well hell, bookstore, it was only $20 for 10 of them. Nowadays a 12 pack of soda pop is nearly $4.

I still don't know who in their right mind would let children drink that much soda pop...but that's just me.
                but...where do you put them?...

i hope they recycle, at least...
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

It's ridiculous that teachers have to buy classroom supplies out of their own pockets. However, her attitude was totally uncalled for.

What she should have done, if she wanted special consideration, would have been to ask a manager ahead of time if she could be given a special deal. If one could be done, then the transaction should have been handled in such a manner that many other customers would not witness, and expect the same consideration.

For example, she could have pre-paid, (especially if items had to be ordered into the store) and then picked up the items at Customer Service.

Mike
                  Meow.........

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    Would you believe some retarded guy actually got 10, then put a coat on, came back, got 10 more, then put an orange hat on, came back, got 10 more? Judas Priest!!!
                    *Peter* "Oh, free sample!"
                    *Peter, with a fake mustache* "Don't mind if I do!"
                    *Peter, in a sombrero* "Esta free sample-o?"
                    *Peter, in a monocle* "Free samples, my good chap?"
                    *Sample Lad* "Sir, they're free, you don't need the disguises."
                    *Peter, from off screen* "Hey, can I get another sample?"
                    *Peter, mustache* "Yes, me too!"
                    *Peter, sombrero* "Si!"
                    *Peter, monocle* "Yes, my good man."

*/something like that*
                    Last edited by Imogene; 08-09-2007, 03:49 AM. Reason: Claryfiction... clarifycant? Clarification...?
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth PriceytheCashierKing View Post

*SC comes up to my register with two baskets full of 24 count crayons*

Me: I'm sorry maam but I'm afraid that I am forced to limit your purchase to five boxes of crayons. I'm afraid I will have to put the rest of these back.

*cut cut cut cut cut*

SC: Look, I am an instructor bettering the future of tomorrow's kids.
                      You're buying crayons lady.
                      You're buying bleeping crayons.

Unless you teach 867-located kids, you're not "bettering the future of tomorrow's kids" with a freakin' 24 packs of bleeping Crayolas, okay?

Get down from your pedestal, the oxygen is rare up there and the eternal snow is giving you frostbite on the brain holder.
                      Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        what the hell do you do with 40 cases of soda?! that's 480 cans. I can guarantee it will be on sale again somewhere before you go through all that!
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=1847

I have to ask myself the same thing about Gatorade!
                        ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Look, I am an instructor bettering the future of tomorrow's kids.
                          YOU SON OF A MOTHE---
                          How do you know that? I don't have a receipt and I don't have the crayons with me, so ha!
                          I feel sorry for her students.

God help us all.
                          This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth PriceytheCashierKing View Post
                            SC: I'm a teacher. I shouldn't have to be subjected to the same policies as regular people.

Me: (*Thinking, "ooohhkkaayy who died and made you queen, forgive us for not rolling out the red carpet you douche") Irregardless maam if I were to make the exception for you, then I'd have to make it for everyone. We would like product left for other customers to take advantage of our great deals.

SC: This is ridiculous! I am a teacher!

SC: I am a -TEACHER-!

SC: Look, I am an instructor bettering the future of tomorrow's kids. I am a donating member of society and (here it comes!) I've been shopping here for years! I don't think your supervisor would appreciate it if one of his best customers was treated in such a manner. *Waving finger at me*

Me: ....................Five.

SC: YOU SON OF A MOTHE---okay, look, fine, I'll just buy these, walk out, and come back in.

:
                            A teacher all right. his/her behavior is hypocritical for being a teacher. I would repeat myself over and over regardless of who they are I must enforce the limit!
                            Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              what the hell do you do with 40 cases of soda?! that's 480 cans.
                              480 cans. I can go through that in an upwards of a week if I try. I know it's not healthy, but frankly, I don't care. I figure I'm here, and I'm gonna have some fun. 480 cans would make a nice pyramid though. *Note to self, buy large amounts of cans while on sale, poison self with sugar, create giant can pyramid*
                              It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                              ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
                              X