This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foiled another shoplifter

We have a hallway in the back of the store with a rear entrance. The hallway has a camera. The door is controlled by a button at the counter. For some reason the boss won't put a call button on the inside of the door or a buzzer to indicate when it is unlatched. This means that people have to tell me when they are leaving so I can watch the monitor and unlatch the door as they approach, which isn't a problem unless someone comes to the counter to check out or ask a question, the phone rings, I have to show someone where something is or someone wants to sell some books, when I will forget about the person heading towards the door and they will have to come back and remind me to unlatch the door for them.

The people who sell to us regularly (professional scouts) know this so they close the back door slowly to ensure it doesn't latch. I normally don't mind this when they are bringing in their loads if they remember to latch it when they are all inside. They often forget to do this.

As happened today. As I'm going through the scouts books I see a guy take a big rubber spider that we had sitting on top of the horror book case and throw it out the back door. For some reason, instead of simply following it through the door he decides to come back to leave through the front. Of course I'm running as fast as I can move my fat ass and catch him entering the main part of the store from the hall. I catch him and pin him against the wall and start calling him nasty names like "dumb ass hillbilly thief". He isn't resisting which kind of upsets me. I was mad. He made me run and I wanted to hurt him. When he finally talks he says "I'd have loved it more than you." This was so off the wall that I just told him to leave.

AAAHHH!!! I keep saying it. I'm a fucking bookseller, I should be wearing a tweed jacket and smoking a pipe, not lifting heavy boxes and wrestling with street scum.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

All that, just to steal a rubber spider???
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
      All that, just to steal a rubber spider???
      I know, lame isn't it?
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
        "I'd have loved it more than you." This was so off the wall that I just told him to leave.
        LMFAO wtf? That's great.
        wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
        ----
        Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

it's a love whose name we shall not speak of, i'm guessing.

drugs; it's the only logical explanation.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

When he finally talks he says "I'd have loved it more than you."

Oh, *puke*.

I shudder to think of that rubber spider enduring a fate worse than death.
            Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

I should be wearing a tweed jacket and smoking a pipe, not lifting heavy boxes and wrestling with street scum.
              Let me know when this Nirvana has been attained, for I shall sign up forthwith.
              Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

When he finally talks he says "I'd have loved it more than you." This was so off the wall that I just told him to leave.
                Quoth Nyx View Post
                LMFAO wtf? That's great.
                I read it the wrong way at first.

But, alas for my demented little mind, the perp was merely claiming that the little rubber spider would have gotten superior lovin' from the would-be thief.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                X