Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size shoe does a "blank" year old wear?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth raudf View Post
    Me: Yes, Mom. I didn't have a child. I had a weed.
    I just about died!
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Docmayhem View Post
      The brannock device is still alive and well..
      Look for a store that advertises that they have a pedorthist (what they call the people who know how to use that gadget).

I finally found one after struggling with misfitting shoes for years; she measured me, found me an SAS that fit, and I've been buying the exact same shoe ever since. They must love me there, I walk in, hand them my old shoes, tell them "I want a new pair of these." They look up the size, find me the shoes, I hand over way too much money (last time it was $174), stick my orthotics in, put them on and walk right out again. No fuss no muss no bother.

(They do check every so often to make sure my size hasn't changed; hasn't so far.)
      Last edited by Shalom; 02-26-2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        As Erma Bombeck used to say, "All of what?"
        Loved her!

You know half this board is probably saying "Who the hell is THAT?". Nice to have old'uns around here besides me!
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Docmayhem View Post
          But try finding shoes when you wear a size 12 in a 6E width...
          I wore a US Size 13 4E...when I was 13. I am now *cough*double*cough* slightly older than that...and I now wear a 16 4E >_<

The Marts of K, Wal, and whatever don't carry anything close ~_~

...And ya know what they say about us guys with big feet...It's f*ing hard to find shoes our size for under a hundred bucks ...
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            It's a bit like the people who say, "I need a present for my 10-year-old grandson, what should I get?" "Well, what are his interests?" "I don't know." Well, why don't you ask him???
            I hate getting those customers. "You're a blood relation and you don't know their interests?"
            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
              (when did that happen?!?)
              July 5, 2011

Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                I hate getting those customers. "You're a blood relation and you don't know their interests?"
                I get that with my brother. He has no idea what his kids like. I live in the Eastern Time Zone and he lives way out in Arizona, so I rarely see them anyway. Luckily, my nieces are getting old enough that they know to tell me what they like so I can get them something appropriate.

I understand not knowing the kids sizes off hand, but if you're going out shopping for them, shouldn't you have an idea of what size to get before you leave your home?

Comment

When I was growing up, I feel blessed to have had parents who would never GUESS what my shoe size would be when it came to buying shoes. I had to be with them when it came time for new shoes or GUESS WHAT??? I won't get a new pair of shoes!

Sad how everything has gone downhill since then...

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                    July 5, 2011

Evil. Just evil. Brat.
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                      Me: Just bought him a men's 7, so go up to a 7 1/2 or 8, please.
                      Mom: Really? He's only 10!
                      Me: Yes, Mom. I didn't have a child. I had a weed.
                      My kid's the same way. Ten years old, taller than some fourteen-year-olds, wearing men's size 7 shoes and size 14 jeans (maybe. We may have to go up to men's sizes.). Clothes shopping is a royal PITA!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm a 32 year old woman (when did that happen?
                        Quoth Becks View Post
                        July 5, 2011

Isn't that politely referred to as "29, rev 3"?

rev 31
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                          Good grief, is it really that hard for grandparents to call their kids and get the grandkiddle's shoe size from them? Oh, wait, that makes sense, so it's not allowed!
                          It may not be that easy. I know that my mom can't have a civil conversation with my sister anymore (not that she doesn't try, see my post in Life Advice for more details). The grandparent might be doing their best to remain a part of their grandkids lives, while dealing with their uncooperative parents.

Definitely not a certainty, but a possibility.

SC
                          Last edited by BroSCFischer; 02-26-2012, 08:31 AM. Reason: Add link
                          "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Heh, I get asked the same question when it comes to clothing. "What size shirt would fit a 9 year old?" Well, that depends on how chubby/tall the 9 year old is. :P

Comment

Evil. Just evil. Brat.
                              You asked...
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
                                Heh, I get asked the same question when it comes to clothing. "What size shirt would fit a 9 year old?" Well, that depends on how chubby/tall the 9 year old is. :P
                                Before age 8, I say age plus two sizes. A 6 year old would be an 8. If it's a bit big at first, so much the better, they'll grow into it. If it's not.. well, it's probably pretty close to what they wear. And always keep the receipt!

After age 8, all bets are off. My son has woke up in the morning a completely different size from what he went to sleep. He's completely skipped sizes and by the end of the year, I expect he'll be in the 14s just to drive me battier.

Shoes are a complete mystery. Even I don't go shoe shopping for the boy without him being there. And I tell my parents that if they aren't sure of/can't confirm the size, don't bother.

@BroSCFischer - Sounds like my hubby's side of the family. And it also sounds like if your mom did buy the kids anything, the kids probably wouldn't get them. *offers hugs*
                                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                                X