Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mathnerd, now that you mention it, I think I remember seeing that when I viewed the page previous to going in to apply.

Of course they would be able to access/request my medical records from my Primary Provider, so they could see the extent of my health challenges. They also sent me to a Doctor that they work with to do evaluations.

I wasn't sure what to expect, and had expected the possibility of a full physical with all of the poking, prodding, and looking in any and all orifices. Basically, though, she asked me what I do on a typical day, pretty much a repeat of what had been asked during the application interview. However, she also checked out my ability to balance, and I think one other thing, or so. Maybe listening to heart/lungs.

My main health issues are A-Fib, Congestive Heart Failure, Asthma, and COPD (never smoked even one cigarette).

At the time, I was still in Transitional Housing, and when the Doctor asked about what I do on a typical day, I told her that I usually go to the library, either getting as close as I can by bus, and walking the rest of the way, or walking all the way about 3/4 of a mile, much of it up some very steep hills. I mentioned that I have to stop and rest frequently, while walking uphill/stairs to catch my breath. Also mentioned that I "cheat" when I can on the weekdays, and catch elevators/escalators in the full-block skyscrapers that have access from the street at the bottom of the hill to the street at the top. Told her I could usually walk back, and rarely had to stop to rest on downhill/flat ground, unless carrying a heavy load.

I told the entire truth, of course, but was afraid that in mentioning the latter part, her assessment, (or perhaps SS's assessment) would be that unless I was totally immobile without a mobility aid, I wouldn't qualify.

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

Working...
    X