Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ Not really. It's not so much fruity as "I can't reach everywhere to wash." It's just a weird smell that doesn't seem like it should be coming from a human. And I know he can control it, because I've been around him when he cleans up for a gathering. I think it's just one of the many things he neglects on a day-to-day basis.

Comment

Where's a firehose when you need it...
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Oh, yuck. I feel your pain! I used to work in a mental health center, and I had to sit at a desk where the severely mentally ill people would come to check in for appointments. Many of them did not bathe, change their clothes, etc. and most of them had incontinence issues. There were a few times when I would have to run out of the room to avoid barfing all over the place. My advice: baking soda!
        "Thank God for the idiots: but for them, the rest of us could not succeed." ~Mark Twain

Comment

My mother works at a community college and has passed out, then fallen on the floor in front of an obnoxiously smelly person. Her description was that, "His skin was oozing that alcohol smell, mixed with the smell of sweat, ejaculate, fecal matter, pet urine, smoke, incense, and Hippie. His breath smelled like cat shit and cigar smoke, I could barely look at him for his filth."

The little rat fart walked off when she slumped in the floor!

I keep pestering her to write up some of her stories because college kids can be some sucky customers, and she is far more eloquent at describing the events.

Another version of stink that just oozes off people is Con Stink, and Con Stink was the 1st thing that came to my mind when I read this post.

"Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

how should I deal with an aquaintance with bad breath?
            I mean bad in the way that an earthquake is bad for structural stability of neighbouring buildings? Is offering extra strong mints sufficently effective whilst being tactful?

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              That sweet smell... could it be similar to the taste of roasted garlic/onion? Anything that basically caramelises when introduced to too much heat? Almost fruity?

Normally I would say it sounds like he has diabetic ketoacidosis, but if he did.... he'd probably be dead by now. So here's to hoping it's not that!
              you beat me too it... and he could still be alive and have diabetic ketoacidosis... it is not as common in those who have been diagnosed and are receiving treatment for their diabetes but even then it is possible that the person isn't tracking their blood sugar well enough and they briefly have hyperglycemia long enough to cause ketoacidosis (my grandma died from complications from Diabetes so I know way more than I ever wanted to know about the disease/condition).
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Oh good grief!!! How the fuck can that guy NOT notice how he reeks and that his shirt should've been burned instead of worn in public?!!! Baking soda is great for deodorizing and in this case with super smelly man, use PLENTY of it (on fabrics). Hell, why stop at that, some Lysol Neutra Air or Oust would help with the air.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                  Hilarious. Well, you know, in text. Maybe not in real life.
                  Every great once in a while you'd get these people coming through the check lanes. Awful, just awful. Why? WHY!?
                  I once had a boss that was well known for his rather blatant disregard for the tender sensibilities of others when it came to his constant, loud and noxious flatulence. His excuse? "It ain't natural to keep that trapped up inside o' me, and I ain't gonna feel pain just to make other people happy."

Dude! Use some Gas-X! Bean-O! Stop eating broccoli! For the love of all that is merciful, do whatever it takes to make it stop! Er. Yes, so anyway, I can empathize on that note at least.
                  "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

They make Gas X strips. Just like those little breath freshening strips.......I want to buy some and keep them handy for certain coworkers.

It's getting to be too detrimental to ask Chef Ramsey to go into the men's room and steal the air freshener and have to be the last one out of the room for break so that I can spray everywhere the offender has been farting.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I have to say a few things:

1) There is no excuse for body odor - ever. Seriously, how long does it take to rinse off with water and a little soap.

2) There are certain medical conditions that cause a person to have, erm, excessive gas. I have the feeling most of the folks you're talking about are more along the "eat bean burritos for lunch" variety, though. (I had gallstones, and now have no gallbladder, but thankfully I've never had major problems in that area.)

3) You're not supposed to hold in gas. It's a bodily function for pity's sake. Unless it gets extremely distracting, not a big deal in my book. If you know you have a problem with it, yes, take GasX, Beano, whatever. But slipping out a little gas every now and again shouldn't be a big production. If I need to, I do it. 'nuff, said.
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                        3) You're not supposed to hold in gas. It's a bodily function for pity's sake. Unless it gets extremely distracting, not a big deal in my book. If you know you have a problem with it, yes, take GasX, Beano, whatever. But slipping out a little gas every now and again shouldn't be a big production. If I need to, I do it. 'nuff, said.
                        I agree, actually. It was just that in my old boss' case, he was not polite about it in the least, as in excusing himself to another room first. I'm not talking about a normal passing of gas. I'm talking about thunder from down under that made the ground shake and nose hairs curl. Constantly. Manly pride sort of thing, maybe. I'm not saying it isn't natural, just that sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, or something, particularly in a retail setting.
                        "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                          serial farter
                          I was a serial Farter the other day. I do not know what I ate, but ddddaaaammmmnnnnnn.
                          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth scruff View Post
                            how should I deal with an aquaintance with bad breath?
                            I mean bad in the way that an earthquake is bad for structural stability of neighbouring buildings? Is offering extra strong mints sufficently effective whilst being tactful?
                            I dunno.... bad breath is one of those 'touchy' subjects, especially if you don't know the person all that well. Offering strong mints (take one yourself, of course) might be helpful in the short-term, but it's unlikely to change his/her oral care habits.
                            Um... casually discuss a dentist's visit with him/her, mentioning that you learned a lot about the importance of good oral hygine?
                            What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                              When I have go bombs away, I head for the backroom and run the baler to hide the sound.

This one time, the gate opened up right after I pushed the button, so the baler shut off right as I was letting a noisy one go.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                                Foul Ol' Ron ? Is that you ?
                                Millenium hand and shrimp!
                                "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                                X