This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ADoyle90815 View Post
    I also have that archery shirt, along with one from the Bayeux Tapestry with Harold saying "I thought that arrow was getting closer, then it hit me." Both shirts I got at different Great Western Wars from the same people.
    Yeah, got mine at Pennsic, along with the "ARCHER: Go ahead, run. You'll just die tired." and of course the classic Latin shirt (translated) "If I wanted your opinion, I'd read your entrails."
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

The rest of the night was pretty fun. Had I known the guide would hear me I would have set up my phone to record the rest. Well, maybe I'll get another chance

When I rode horses, mom and I used to stop at a grocery store on the way home. One evening I get stopped by no fewer than six people asking me where stuff is. The uniform was blue polo shirts, that much I remember.

I'm 14 years old, in jeans, muddy riding boots and a hair-covered winter coat and I smell like horse. What about that says I work here (I was waiting for one of them to try to complain that I 'smelled unprofessional') One SC (it was a woman, but still ) followed me until I showed her where X was....or rather, led her right to an employee. She still didn't get it and accused me of being lazy...to which a manager standing nearby said "No she's not, and she doesn't work here anyway."
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

So I just had that happen to me today. It's my day off but since I'm the store manager of my particular Dollar Admiral, I had to go in today to submit payroll since I Don't have an assistant manager to do it. I am wearing shorts, a baseball cap, and a t-shirt that says 'I'm surrounded by idiots'

So I submit payroll and decide to do a little shopping. In the past if I'm shopping at my store customers will recognize me and ask me questions and I answer them because since I'm salaried, I'm always on the clock.

But anyways, I grab a shopping cart and start looking around. Next thing I know I hear a gentleman doing the 'AHEM' cough. I look up and he looks at me and goes 'Do you work here?' If I was at a different Dollar Admiral I could have been snarky but since I was at my home store I had to be nice and just say 'Sorry not today' so he then walked away and walked up to my co-worker TEN FEET AWAY who was wearing a nametag with Dollar Admiral on it and an apron that says the same thing and asks 'Do you work here?'

Comment

Your shirt was a little too accurate

Comment

Working...
          X