This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer hostile uniforms

Apprenty that's what the Mart of Wal has changed to recently. At least, if the two different people that asked me On Sunday if I worked there are any indication.

I've been asked if I worked someplace before, but usually at a computer of other tech store. Never a big box retailer.

I was wearing jeans and a tan t-shirt with a pair of medieval archers on it, with the writing "There's always someone who needs to be shot." Um, yeah. Someow I don't think this is the normal uniform for WallyWorld.

At least the old guy was polite about it. The sucktastic EW, on the other hand... thank you so much for proving the statement that I was wearing.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

WTF?!?! Navy blue shirts and tan khakis have been the dress code there for at least the last SEVEN YEARS.

I really do believe the average customer intelligence has dropped significantly over the last couple years.

Comment

ok completely off topic. I NEED THIS SHIRT
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

....I want that shirt! Where did you get it?

Comment

You were wearing the opposite: instead of blue shirt and tan pants, you had a tan shirt and blue pants! I guess all they saw were the colors!

Some people are idiots.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
            ok completely off topic. I NEED THIS SHIRT
            Quoth evilfarmer View Post
            ....I want that shirt! Where did you get it?
            Got it at Pennsic War a number of years ago. Picked it up at the same time as the one that says "Archer: Go ahead, run. You'll just die tired."

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            You were wearing the opposite: instead of blue shirt and tan pants, you had a tan shirt and blue pants! I guess all they saw were the colors!

Some people are idiots.
            Amen. Current theory is that I was the most sober person in the store...
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post

Amen. Current theory is that I was the most sober person in the store...
              It's a Walmart; you probably were.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I remember being mistaken for an employee of a national supermarket once, while I was shopping for T shirts for my lad.

Their uniform? Navy trousers and red / navy shirts.

I was wearing? Jeans and a black and white 'Lost Satellites' T shirt.
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I just got mistaken yesterday for an employee at a local grocery store.

They wear light blue shirts with their logo on it, black pants, and black work shoes.

I was wearing a navy blue t-shirt that had "Santa Fe Opera" on it, jeans, and flip-flops. What made it even better is that this genius had just walked by three people that do work there to get to me....
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Maybe next time they ask, ask them this: "Why do you ask? What part of me and/or my outfit makes you think that I work here?"
                    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Last time I got mistaken for an employee the uniform was a red shirt and tan pants. I was wearing a black shirt, green jacket, blue jeans and boots. I just stared at the guy for a good minute (Bonus: he wanted toilet paper. We were standing in the toilet paper aisle)

People truly amaze me.

Comment

The last time I got mistaken for an employee was when I was in a black uniform and on my break. I'd popped over the road for some deodorant and this old gentleman stopped me. Poor thing was mortified but to be honest he had every reason to think I worked there because of my black t-shirt and trousers. So it totally boggles my mind when there are people going up to someone in a controversial t-shirt and jeans and thinking they work there!

Also, what did the customer say to you that made you want to shoot them? I'm curious!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                          Maybe next time they ask, ask them this: "Why do you ask? What part of me and/or my outfit makes you think that I work here?"
                          I actually did ask this twit that. Got a catbutt face.
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                            I actually did ask this twit that. Got a catbutt face.
                            Like I told a coworker today, I'm nice on the clock, because they pay me to be nice. Off the clock, you get my real opinions.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                              Like I told a coworker today, I'm nice on the clock, because they pay me to be nice. Off the clock, you get my real opinions.
                              Hell, my boss gets my real opinions when I'm ON the clock. Most of the time she agrees with me.
                              I'm paid to be thorough and detail oriented, not nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X