Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After all the shit he went through, cancer too?!

God that sucks. Why do some people get all the shit dumped on them?
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

For some reason I didn't see this yet.

Poor AdeMartino So sorry for your loss, CL - I'd say 'and ADM's family' but it sounds like some of them don't deserve sympathy.
      Last edited by Marmalady; 12-07-2014, 06:44 AM.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
        So yeah, I can see a battle coming. I have no doubt he's going to file a legal challenge to the will.
        I don't doubt it either. MoonCat's right; get thee to a lawyer. I hope it won't come to that, but it would be a good idea to have someone knowledgeable backing you up.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
          For some reason I didn't see this yet.
          Ditto. Thanks for the information and updates, CyberLurch. Hope the truck BS goes your way so you can have a decent remembrance of your friend. Mine of him is simple - how often I thought to myself how well his avatar fit his posts so often. Good member who will be missed.

Comment

I commend ADMartino on his courage and his consideration of his loved ones and what they'd be going through, and I wish him well, wherever he may be. And I send my sympathies to his family and friends, even to those who may be acting in ways not all that conducive to garnering sympathy. We cannot know what they are going through, and I for one will not judge someone else's grief or pain. Take good care of the truck, CL, and I hope you can resolve the dispute over it with his brother peacefully, and let him see that AD wanted you to have the truck, and convince him to honor his brother's wishes.

Myself, I shall honor him as I do, with a cold beverage tilted in his honor. I encourage all of you to honor him in your own ways, whatever they may be.
            Last edited by crazylegs; 12-08-2014, 12:40 PM. Reason: Removed Fratching content

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Could it be possible that the brother already sold the truck and is now trying to cover his tracks? You need to get eyes on the truck pronto.
              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                Could it be possible that the brother already sold the truck and is now trying to cover his tracks? You need to get eyes on the truck pronto.
                If the brother sold the truck already, then that qualifies as theft.

Talk to the lawyer that sent you the packet. He should know how to handle this sort of thing.

And get the title transferred to you immediately.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  If the brother sold the truck already, then that qualifies as theft.

Talk to the lawyer that sent you the packet. He should know how to handle this sort of thing.

And get the title transferred to you immediately.
                  The vehicle is currently in sheltered, video-monitored storage, under lock and key. Furthermore, it's disabled. Its drive shaft has been removed, so it can't move under its own power. If the brother attempts to seize it, it'll require a tow truck to do so, and that will attract a great deal of attention as well as leave a paper trail.

I don't know for certain that he has a buyer for the truck. It wouldn't surprise me if he did, but if so, I doubt he's accepted money just yet. Doing so would leave him in a legal bind one way or another. He might be a slimy, greedy asshole, but he's not stupid.

Transfer of the title will take place Monday morning bright and early. I should have done it immediately, but I'm not thinking clearly right now.

As for a lawyer - I'm going to wait and see what happens first. He might just be bluffing. It costs nothing to bluff. A legal fight, on the other hand, will cost him quite a bit - I'm willing to see to that personally.

Comment

It looks like you are doing all the right things.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

***[Mod Note]***

With such sad news as this, please use this thread to only remember and honour Ademartino's memory.

Discussion surrounding suicide (regardless of whether or not this was the case) are only suitable for fratching.

***[/Mod Note]***
                      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

He will be missed.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I can't believe I've been on here long enough to see a handful of people pass away. I'm sorry to hear about this.
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                            ***[Mod Note]***

With such sad news as this, please use this thread to only remember and honour Ademartino's memory.

Discussion surrounding suicide (regardless of whether or not this was the case) are only suitable for fratching.

***[/Mod Note]***
                            Far as I'm concerned, ADM died of cancer, and I shall so remember him. The exact mechanism by which his life ended is only minor details and not worth quibbling about.

Please leave him active in the userlist. Nobody is truly dead as long as living people remember.
                            Last edited by Shalom; 12-11-2014, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X