Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would of just ran away crying but you stood there strong!
    Honestly, it was more of a "Oh god what is happening right now?!" mental state where I just could not process or react.

As to staffing issues, I've seen them in maaaany stores. I think they may just be overall mismanaged.

They used to (still?) actively discourage lingering inside.
    They are supposed to. Our drive thru times were meant to be an average of 2 minutes, and our front counter an average of 1 and a half. Good luck with that To get the drive thru times down, the managers would sometimes just get a staff member to drive through the drive thru a couple of times until it went down

That's why I always insist on fresh-from-the-fryer fries
    Good policy. You wouldn't believe how long fries are just left there sometimes...

Who the heck wants to stand there and chat with the fast food worker?
    But I'm so cool

Comment

I don't think my faith in humanity is ever gonna get restored again after reading that.

Comment

So if you're ever at Starving Jake's,be very lovely to the cashier and it might just be Baby Bikini Time and you'll get a nice little prize.
        Bless them all the fast food workers,I wouldn't work in a very hot,very busy environment with lots of yelly people around....
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          Oh, and that guy who wanted to chat and said he went inside for better service... It is the same people! I would go through the drive through for fast service. Last time I went inside because of the long drive through line, all the cars plus more got their food before me. I think they have to get the cars through fast, they get in trouble if they don't. Also, the whole fast food industry is about speed. They used to (still?) actively discourage lingering inside.
          Pretty much - a lot of stores in Australia actually have it set up where they can record KPI's for drive through (like number of cars in the queue, average serve time etc), stuff that can't be recorded for face to face transactions.

As for actively discouraging lingering outside - that's why alot of stores have rock hard/uncomfortable seating. Plus in some areas (particularly entertainment/nightclub precincts), it's a safety thing, because the last thing you need is a store full of drugged/drunk crazies hell bent on creating a mess.
          the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack
            That's why I always insist on fresh-from-the-fryer fries (I'm always polite about it, though..."No, it's okay, I can wait ["x" amount of minutes] for a fresh batch" ) and always eat them quickly...nothing's worse than cold, soggy fast-food French fries. I almost never order "to-go" food at a fast-food joint, unless I'm literally going to eat said food on the go as I walk.
            This why "fast food" refers to speed at which it must be eaten, and not the speed of service.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth brucetiki View Post
              Pretty much - a lot of stores in Australia actually have it set up where they can record KPI's for drive through (like number of cars in the queue, average serve time etc), stuff that can't be recorded for face to face transactions.

As for actively discouraging lingering outside - that's why alot of stores have rock hard/uncomfortable seating. Plus in some areas (particularly entertainment/nightclub precincts), it's a safety thing, because the last thing you need is a store full of drugged/drunk crazies hell bent on creating a mess.
              Yeah, once or twice a year someone in Mel is killed in a 24fastfood joint due to alcohol induced violence...

Many a time after late night shooting I've visited either Jake's or Ronald's and had less than fresh fries, but once I had a cold burger. That I took the time to go back and get replaced

Comment

I actually nearly cried (again) re-reading this. Some people... I have no words...
                Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                What's the difference?
                We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
                  I actually nearly cried (again) re-reading this. Some people... I have no words...
                  *hugs you* I..just don't know either.
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth bikinitimebaxter View Post
                    That doesn't go there

I know it seems like your discarded pickles belong on the wall, but they don't. No, really they don't. I'm just going to have to scrape them all off later. Ditto to tomatoes.

I've had to scrape gum off the underside of a table before, and I've cleaned up many piles of discarded sunflower seed shells, but pickles on the wall?
                    Who...?
                    Why...?
                    *brain broken*
                    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                    - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                      I've had to scrape gum off the underside of a table before, and I've cleaned up many piles of discarded sunflower seed shells, but pickles on the wall?

Countin' pickles on the wall

That don't bother me at all

Playin' solitaire till dawn with a deck of fifty-one

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Now don't tell me I've nothin' to do

Comment

Working...
                      X