This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the jackass in his SUV...

Why the hell are you hitting on me while pulled up at the lights?! I'm very glad you peeled off when I started reaching into my bag as though I had some form of self-defense mechanism (I wasn't, I was actually reaching for my phone). You're the reason why I'm now swapping my deodorant in my bag over from a roll-on to a spray.

(For the record, pepper spray and the like are banned in most Aussie states and while the police DO have the authority to confiscate anything that could possibly be used as a weapon, that rule is rarely enforced unless you feel like being a dick)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Do you use hairspray? If you do, keep a pocket sized hairspray in your bag.

Anyone who's ever been sloppy can tell you that hairspray really, really hurts when it gets in your eyes, and most cops wouldn't even blink at finding one in a bag.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

What about spray paint? This way you can blind them and tag them at the same time. :-)
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        What about spray paint? This way you can blind them and tag them at the same time. :-)
        Like a can of safety orange Krylon would be a common item to find in a woman's purse.

Now the hairspray idea sounds pretty clever . . . you never know when you'll need an extra spritz to hold that cowlick in place.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
          Now the hairspray idea sounds pretty clever . . . you never know when you'll need an extra spritz to hold that cowlick in place.
          One of the more practical health & safety classes back in high school, girls only

I kind of miss the '80s; Big Hair(TM) meant you could legitimately carry around a solid metal comb with a 4 inch spike for a handle (perfect for primping hair back-combed to a near afro). Combined with pocket hairspray, you were *sorted* in the self defence department!
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

You can still carry a big metal comb. No one would think anything of it. I like the hairspray idea, but I've always heard that if you do something like that, you better be sure you incapacitate them because if you just make them mad, you could be in for even more trouble.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              You can still carry a big metal comb. No one would think anything of it. I like the hairspray idea, but I've always heard that if you do something like that, you better be sure you incapacitate them because if you just make them mad, you could be in for even more trouble.
              It's true. Back in Junior high I was walking with a friend to his home after school when a guy who'd been bullying me came up to us and nailed me in the face with a tear gas pen (this was in the late 60s, long before pepper spray).

Unfortunately for him, I wore glasses. and had some bad allergies. The glasses kept it from getting into my eyes. I still teared up pretty bad, but it wasn't *that* much worse than a bad allergy attack.

Fortunately(?) for the bully, he could outrun me.

In spite of my friend telling me it was a bad idea I walked back to school and talked to one of the counselors about the attack. My friend verified my story.

typical stupidity, both I and the bully were suspended from school.

I understand the bully also got in trouble for having the tear gas. As well as for having shoplifted it.

If I knew then what I know now, I'd have called the police instead.

Comment

Hair spray wouldn't work because I very rarely wear my hair up, but I like the idea. A comb or brush would work too.

I remember reading in one of the Heather Wells mysteries (very underrated series by the way) where the suggestion was to throw a pair of scissors at the attacker. Not gonna happen

For a while I used to carry a panic alarm in my bag. I may do this again come winter.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  the suggestion was to throw a pair of scissors at the attacker.
                  Years ago, in my drivers ed class (which was at an independent place, not my high school because they stopped offering it) the teacher showed us how to gouge out an attackers eyes with our car keys. I have very little experience with fighting, but the little I do know is that I fight dirty and go for the balls.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Hair spray wouldn't work because I very rarely wear my hair up, but I like the idea. A comb or brush would work too.

I remember reading in one of the Heather Wells mysteries (very underrated series by the way) where the suggestion was to throw a pair of scissors at the attacker. Not gonna happen

For a while I used to carry a panic alarm in my bag. I may do this again come winter.
                    deodorant will do just as good. try for something nasty smelling like impulse

Comment

Quoth dawnfire View Post
                      deodorant will do just as good. try for something nasty smelling like impulse
                      I was thinking Lynx (Axe for those across the pond) since there's a his-and-hers variety floating around somewhere.

My partner thankfully does not use Lynx.

Comment

If you have glasses, ammonia in a spray container. Works equally well for blinding attackers or cleaning off your glasses. :-)

Comment

I was thinking Lynx (Axe for those across the pond) since there's a his-and-hers variety floating around somewhere.

My partner thankfully does not use Lynx.
                          that should be vile enough

Comment

Quoth ComputerNecromancer View Post
                            typical stupidity, both I and the bully were suspended from school.
                            Well, that sucks. It should've been blatantly obvious that you were the victim here and didn't deserve the suspension. Did schools have that "zero intelligence tolerance" nonsense back in the late 60s, too?
                            Quoth ComputerNecromancer View Post
                            If I knew then what I know now, I'd have called the police instead.
                            Especially since you were walking home and it wasn't on school grounds. Good old 20/20 hindsight...
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                            X