Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hugs. Its horrible but you did absolutely the right thing. Hope his brother copes well with it. xx
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Having to make this decision is the worst thing in the world, because our pets ARE our family. I went through this three times, most recently was my third kitty Blackie -- there are some nights where I STILL lay awake waiting for him to jump up for his nighttime cuddles and he went onto the Rainbow Bridge last August.

So, so sorry.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I am so sorry. Latekin. Give his brother lots of love and hugs, just as I'm sending hugs to you.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I'm so, so sorry, Latekin! They do take a piece of you with them, I always say that a piece of my soul has been taken away. The place heals over after a while, but it's never the same again. Love is love, and pets are precious. Hugs to you and Dobby. I hope that Harry visits you in dreams; some of my little ones have done that, but even if they don't, I still feel the love I felt for them when they were here. I hope that you keep Harry alive in your heart. Be well.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Thanks for the support guys. Day three without Harry and I'm a little less off base. I went to work yesterday though...maybe wasn't a good idea. While I didn't cry or breakdown, I was remarkably hostile to various people. The store manager managed to cop it from me after telling me that "pets are a lot of responsibility. Maybe next time you'll be ready for it." In her usual bitchy tone. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds an awful lot like she just blamed me for Harry's death.

Anyway, I told her that if she couldn't at least pretend to act like a decent human being then she could leave me alone.
            Would have gotten in trouble, but our area manager was in to supervise stocktake, and Violet's sister or sister in law or something is a kitty breeder. She's lost cats to FIP too. One kitten just recently. She talked to me about my outburst, and then she went in to have a VERY loud and VERY animated "chat" with our store manager.

Long story short: the Breeding Queen who lost her kitten (he was supposed to be her adopt-out companion), needs a new home. Preferably one with a youngish kitten she can mother. I've tentatively said we may be able to take her.
            Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Quoth Latekin View Post
              Long story short: the Breeding Queen who lost her kitten (he was supposed to be her adopt-out companion), needs a new home. Preferably one with a youngish kitten she can mother. I've tentatively said we may be able to take her.
              That would probably be good for Dobby.

And hah to the store manager, that will learn her.

Comment

For some reason I didn't see this before now.

Sending you hugs, Latekin, I've been there myself and even though it's the right thing to do for them, it hurts like losing a limb. Big cuddles for you and also for Dobby.
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

That store manager --- holy shit, I would have gone berserk at a remark like that. Short fuse? No, I have no fuse left. There is no acceptable excuse for such a cruel comment.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X