This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitten Sick Again

It's Harry this time. Picked up a virus when he went to get sterilised. Now he's got water on the lungs and possible neurological damage. He's been to the vet on and off. We're racking up large bills there. Feel like they're lining up to tell me he has FIP. Hope not. There's no cure, if he has it he'll die. They'll call today about bloodwork he had done yesterday. It's 3am. I had uni yesterday. Barely slept. Can't go in today, stress sickness so bad I'm barely functioning. If they call him back in they need to hospitalize him goddamn it. I can't care for him on my own, the stress on top of my depression is making me ill. Haven't slept. Haven't eaten properly in three days. Don't know where to turn.

Friends don't really care. Christ, I need someone right now. I can feel the mental disconnect happening again. Something happens to Harry and I don't know what I'll do. Why is this happening? I don't even know why I'm posting this. I'm sorry. I'm such a fucking idiot. Need my cat to be ok. I'm so tired. Just need things to be ok. Someone tell me everything's gonna be ok.
    Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

The only thing i can do is send my bests, and hugs, lets not forget the hugs

Comment

WE CARE, am I right folks??

So sorry to hear about Harry. Praying hard for you and Harry. Please try to take care of yourself, for him and just because. You're not an idiot. You love your cats, and that's as it should be.

Find out if your vet has a program for people who have difficulty paying large bills. Sometimes there is a fund from which you can apply for help.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes. I'll be thinking of you.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Thank you so much. You don't know how much this means. In about an hour we're taking him back. He had two seizures while we were up with him. We might lose him. I'm not hurting as hard right now. We're going to insist on hospitalization for him. If he comes good, everything will have been worth it. If it doesn't, we're going to have to look at out options. I love him dearly, but if he's going to spend the rest of his life in pain or vegetative, then we'll have to look at euthanasia. I won't let my bubba suffer.

Fuck. Here I go again.
        Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

My prayers for you and Harry. I lost a young cat to FIP, may you never have to experience it.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

The news is not good. Partial bloodwork came back and it's not FIV or FIL. It's not Calci-virus (which is what was initially suspected, the shelter we got the bubbies from had a massive outbreak they didn't tell us about around the time they went back for neutering) and probably not pneumonia. She suspects FIP. She'll call us back to let us know for sure later this afternoon. In the meantime, he's being observed. Intravenous fluids and a comfy bed where medically trained staff can look after him.

He's definitely got fluid build up in the abdomen and lungs, and neurological damage. We're praying the two are unrelated. But if it's FIP, we'll being going down to say goodbye this afternoon. Myself, my partner, and our roommate. If he goes, he'll go with the people that love him.

Dobby's already wandering around the house looking for his brother.

Comment

May Bast help him, one way or the other. Praying for strength for all of you. Blessed be.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

*squishy-hugs latekin*

We love you here. <3
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Today at 4:15 it was confirmed. Harry had FIP. His kidneys and liver were already damaged. He'd only stayed alive as long as he did because I was syringing water and wet food into his mouth. At 4:20pm we sat in a consultation room and said our last goodbyes to our furry little couch destroyer. Even his brother got to be there. True to form, his last act was to lick me and then try to destroy the vets chair. I'll miss you baby kitty, I'll never forget you. You're brother's still walking around the house wandering where you are.

Rest in Peace
                  I'll see you again someday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	harry.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	2030530

Comment

Sorry about your loss. Losing a pet is never easy.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

It hurts on and off. It's only been two hours. I've called off work tomorrow because I suspect I'm going to be wrecked for a while. Two hours without Harry and I feel like hell. Dobby doesn't understand why his brother didn't come home with us. He keeps looking in the crate and under the blankets on our bed, calling to him. It's heart breaking. I still can't wrap my head around the fact he's gone and then seeing the vet bill....
                      Patient: Harry
                      Euthanasia and Cremation
                      He was alive two hours ago. Two hours. I feel like such a shit for not taking the body home for burial here. But I can't stand having my last memory of my little sweetheart be this tiny anorexic body going into the ground. I need to remember him as he was. A little bundle of energy, always trying to meet new people and murder new chairs. I think I lost a part of my heart today.
                      Last edited by Latekin; 03-05-2015, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Oh gods...he looks so much like my Wolfie as a kitten I am so sorry for you loss. I know how much it hurts. And remember - we care and even if we can't physically be there to help comfort you, you still have all of who are thinking about you and caring about you. Probably more than you will ever know.

Comment

I am so sorry you lost your baby bub. I have paw print shaped scars on my heart from various animals. I lost one to kidney failure when he was but six years old and only a year after we lost our 14 year old cat to boot. Even though it was over a decade ago I still miss him and feel the pang of his loss when I see a ginger cat . little by little it will get easier and less painful though the paw print on your heart never fades. He was a beautiful little one and for his short life he was lucky enough to be loved by his brother as well as you.

Comment

Sure we care. Poor little kitty.

Comment

They're so much a part of our lives, and they give us far more than they could ever take. I don't understand why some people are so lacking in sympathy when a loved one leaves. When I had to have my wonderful kitty put to sleep in 2011, after many, many other deaths had left me on the verge of suicide, someone I had (until that point) considered a friend) told me "She was only a cat. You're becoming too dependent."

I haven't spoken to him since then, and took him off my list of Facebook friends only recently. I don't know why it took me so long.

Comment

Working...
                              X