Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground beef? The possibilities are literally endless.

Pasta with meat sauce.
    Shepherd's pie.
    Empanadas.
    Tacos.
    Taco salad.
    Quesadillas.
    Meat lasagne.
    Beef stroganoff.
    Italian wedding soup.
    Swedish meatballs.
    Bleu cheese stuffed burgers.
    Chili. (Duh! You had to know *I* was gonna say that!)
    Chile rellenos.
    Salisbury steak.
    Meat pies.
    Nachos.

There are very few cultures or cuisines that don't have tons of recipes incorporating ground beef. Google it, go to food.com, epicurious.com, I dunno, any culinary website. The possibilities are endless.

And yes, a lot of just suggestions above are Mexican/Southwestern. I'm from Arizona. It's what I know. Lol!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Italian wedding soup isn't made with ground beef

I don't think anyone mentioned that you can make shit on a shingle with it (usually made with chipped beef but some variants use ground beef)
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
        Italian wedding soup isn't made with ground beef.
        I suppose that depends who you ask. So I googled "Italian wedding soup recipes" and, of the first ten results, 7 use ground beef or some combination of ground beef and other ground meat for the miniature meat balls, 1 offered ground beef as one of several options for the meat balls, and 2 called for ground meat other than beef.

Giada de Laurentis's recipe agrees with me.
        Ina Garten's recipe agrees with you.

So, it definitely could be and often is.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

One of my favourite sites to go to when I have run out of ideas for recipes is supercook.com, because I can input the ingredients I have, and it will suggest multiple recipes that I can make.

Comment

Chili con carne is awesome. I recently made a batch from my Paleo Diet cookbook. There's tons of recipes on the internet though.

How about a curry? Here's my general curry recipe:

-Put a tablespoon of oil in the pan. I prefer coconut but palm, butter, lard, and bacon grease are all winners.
            -Fry up some onions. If you want to be all fancy, toast the spices. I usually don't because I'm a failure and burn them. It's supposed to unlock the flavors though.
            -Add a can of diced tomatoes. Begin adding spice. Any combination you like works. My typical go-to's - tablespoon of cumin, tablespoon of curry powder or garam masala, tablespoon of cinnamon, bit of coriander, toss in some whole cardamom pods (I like them) and some heavy cream or coconut milk. The more, the richer it will be. I sometimes add raisins and tamarind paste for a bit more zine. If you want it to be hot, add cayanne pepper. Be careful, it's vicious.
            -Add tomato paste and beef. Let stew. Taste occassionally and add more spices as takes your fancy. I usually end up adding more curry powder. Oh, salt it as well. As much salt as you like.
            -Voila! Deliciousness.

Comment

Stuffed Peppers
              Stuffed Pepper soup

Comment

Yeah, Italian stuffed green peppers are good. What about tacos? Simple, but so good.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                X