Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO, as a matter of fact I DON'T remember your name...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
    Here at the smallish bank, same things happens to the poor new people...over and over again. They also get the "I've banked here my whole life!!!" when asked for ID.

Do they (or anyone) really want some stranger get their money, no matter how little? God forbid huh?
    Oh god. We have a customer that flips out anytime he has to deal with someone new. They end up asking who is dog is and he ends up acting like they insulted his mother.

Comment

Funny story about a a confused man: I asked my sweetie to call the vet and make an appointment for one of our cats and told him to use my name and cat's name. He gave the nice lady who answered the phone his name (not mine) and then said that he needed a vet appointment for a sneezing cat.

He was given an appointment a few hours later, had to fill out all of the new customer paperwork and then went in to the exam room where the vet tech asked if he had just gotten the cat because she was sure that she knew the cat by face and then called cat by name. Sweetie told her my name and she didn't recognize it, but looked it up on the computer.

Cat is fine, just a little kitty cold. Sweetie was amazed that the tech knew our cat by name, but nobody knew who owned said cat.

While I think that my sweetie is an idiot at times, I still love him.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
        While I think that my sweetie is an idiot at times, I still love him.
        Aren't they all? At least occasionally.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I get those too, though fortunately I deal with folks over the phone and can bring up their history in just a few keystrokes and then fake it like crazy.

As a customer, I get startled when anyone does remember my name. We just had a branch of Culver's open here (fast food restaurant known for custard.) There's a teenaged order-taker there who is uncannily good at remembering faces and orders .. there was about two months between my first and second visits and the second time, she chirped "Oh, you did like that fish sandwich! I love it too!"

When she's a captain of industry, I hope she uses her powers for good and not evil.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
            Out of all of the customers I've served between Random Craft Store and the Warehouse, I can only remember maybe five customer's names and at least double that by sight. Just because they were in-store, like, every other day pretty much.
            We've got some like that. I know two by name, one is a sweet, grandmotherly-type lady, the other is the Repeat Offender. Two or three more, I know by sight, but not by name.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

"For you, the day that I graced your transaction with my talents was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
              X