Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO, as a matter of fact I DON'T remember your name...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO, as a matter of fact I DON'T remember your name...

that's why I ASKED you for it again. I'm new here, I've seen you literally 3 times in the last 2.5 weeks, and I have a bad memory for names... so just tell me who the f*** you are so I can get your d*** mail for you and quit being cutesy about it. ("My name hasn't changed since the last time you asked...")

Your name hasn't changed? Good, neither has my lack of telepathy.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

The librarian in our small town started to remember my name after about a year of seeing me once a week. She told me that it was only because of the religious connection (which did not offend me at all, anyone who hears my full name knows instantly what religion I was raised). I have never understood why customers would really want to be remembered by name because its usually the SC's that stand out.

Comment

I have never understood why customers would really want to be remembered by name because its usually the SC's that stand out.
        Oh, they like that! They don't care that it's because they're prize assholes, as long as you remember them, because they think it means they're IMPORTANT.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Our friendly local game store in our last town got to know us on sight (name and all) after about two years of sporadic visiting. One of the many things we miss about that store.

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
          anyone who hears my full name knows instantly what religion I was raised
          Now you have me curious (but I'm not asking, so don't worry). I can think of a few different names that would be obvious indicators for certain religions, but still varied.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Yebbut, I've seen 500+ people since the last time you were here.... (sorry you don't stand out in my memory at all, except for being an idiot!)

Comment

Out of all of the customers I've served between Random Craft Store and the Warehouse, I can only remember maybe five customer's names and at least double that by sight. Just because they were in-store, like, every other day pretty much.
              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Once a random guy walked to me on the street and said:

"I was in your store a couple of years ago and bought a thing, do you remember me?"

I said "You're going to have to be more specific..."

He said "Oh..." and walked away. Just like that. Walked away.

I wish more my customer interactions went like that...
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

For customers, the day they grace your store was the most important day of their life. But for you, it was Tuesday.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I work at a lock shop.
                    Almost monthly, when I'm at the grocery store I get some idiot gushing about how good the key I have made him works.

I smile and nod, since looking confused just drags things out. Since then they have to try and make you remember who they are.

Dude, I make hundreds of keys every day.

Comment

There's a coffee shop I stop in at pretty much every day due to it being literally a skip and a jump from my home. By this point several of the staff know my face and what I'm likely to order on sight.

I still, however, state my order in full every time and give them my name if asked, working on the simple reasoning that I can't be their only regular customer, and just cause they know what I look like doesn't mean they'll know who I am (not every drink requires giving your name and sometimes I'll feel like something different from the usual), or alternately there may be a new staff member on duty who hasn't met me yet. It's nice that I've become familiar but I don't expect them to be able to pick me out of the hundreds of customers they serve every day.

Comment

I have a bunch of regulars at my job, which is a day care for dogs. I could tell you the names of all 38 dogs in the rooms right now, but maybe 2 or 3 of their owner's names. And I see these people and look at their names sometimes 3 to 5 times a week.

Comment

Here at the smallish bank, same things happens to the poor new people...over and over again. They also get the "I've banked here my whole life!!!" when asked for ID.

Do they (or anyone) really want some stranger get their money, no matter how little? God forbid huh?
                          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

as opposed to my summer job, this is a super slow park, so i've seen *maybe* a dozen people since the last time this guy came in... but still... like i said.. i have a bad memory for names. he's not outright nasty about it, either.. he smiles... but it's kinda condescending passive aggressive kinda smile... "don't you remember? I told you last time..." ARGH! GTFO of my office you asshat! but i have to be nice...i just feel like each time i talk to him he's going to go complain to the owners or something.

Comment

At the repair center, I only remembered your name if a) you were in often enough, ie once a week, that I could remember you, or b) a raging hick from hell. If you were a, that usually meant you had really bad luck picking out products that would work for more than five minutes (Sharp 5 disc top tray CD changer stereo, I'm glaring the hell at you) or were constantly abusing the product. I mean, we had one that brought his VCR in because his kid kept sticking toys in it. It would have been better if he had just bought the slot guard.

If you were b, you got bottom of the list, the longest wait times, and minimum contact with me.

Believe me, it wasn't a good thing if I remembered a customer. And it was half and half on whether I remember the sales people at the store. You either were awesome with an even more awesome name (seriously, O.B. Ware! Great guy, but I couldn't figure out how he made sales with a name like that!) or you were so rock-chewingly stupid that I had to chew your ass repeated over the same damn thing.. then hand you off to my Dad (Saturday acting manager) or our Shop manager to get your ass chewed even more!
                              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                              X