This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth April View Post
    What's funny, is I agree with you. If there are specific entrance and exit points, I use the correct one and notice when someone goes against the flow. But if it's a free for all as to which door you use and none are labeled, I don't understand the people who get weird about it
    Yeah, if there's no label, then whatever. When there is a label, even if the doors open from both directions, I follow what it says. Why not? I have no physical impediment which would make it a hardship to walk a little bit more if the entrance is slightly further away. And I honestly do think having all traffic going in the same direction does make things smoother.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
      Like Aragarthiel mentioned, one of the two main entrances to our Walmart is set up opposite the "normal" flow of foot traffic. The "in" doors are on the outside relative to the store's center, the "out" doors on the inside. So while the grocery-side entrance in our store is set up so that you walk on the right, the homegoods-side entrance is set up so that you walk on the left, which throws a lot of people off.
      If that setup is the same as the Wa-Mart local to me, I believe that is actually done deliberately to match the specific layout of the store by placing the exit doors closest to the checkout lanes, thus allowing people exiting with carts full of bagged shopping to do so without crossing a stream of incoming foot traffic. This also let's folks enter the store easier, as they're less likely to find their way blocked by the full carts of shoppers trying to get to their cars.

The door labeling is thus functional, rather than artificially conforming to an arbitrary left/right lane standard.

Comment

True that. Doesn't make it less confusing on the side that is "flipped" relative to what people are used to.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

We get people entering the store and rather than walking to the right (entering through Produce), they will go along the front end, past the service desk (and exiting shoppers) and through the bakery at the other end of the store
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
            That's exactly why I sit through credits...because I collect soundtrack albums, and I want to listen to the music. Even if the music sucks, though, I always sit through the credits unless I'm literally forced to leave by whoever I'm with (which always pisses me off ). A movie's not completely over in my mind until I see the MPAA rating thingy at the end of the credits.
            I've noticed that the song played at the end of a lot of movies is actually the one that gets identified with that movie. I don't always buy the complete soundtrack, sometimes just the one song.

We like to watch all the credits because those people all contributed to making the movie, too; and I like seeing all the different job titles and who got credit for what.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X