This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bite me

I had just spent 30 minutes standing in line for the pharmacy at Mart of wal and my back was screaming at me. I was taking the shortest route to the car, and part of that was waiting for people to get out of my way at the cart coral etc. This one lady comes in, looks at me, points to the left, and snottily says "exit is over there."

What I wanted to say was "fuck you" I went with bite me.

I remember, one time at the movies, when it was over, I was still sitting as the audience was shuffling out (I'm one of those "weirdoes" who sit through the end credits every time), and some kid, walking by behind me, muttered loudly into both ears as he passed, [left] "The movie's OVER" [right] "It's DONE." Kind of ruefully funny in retrospect, but, seriously...fuck off. If I want to sit through the credits, what business is it of yours?

Comment

Leaving Walmart one day, they have two sliding doors. One on the right, one on the left. I chose to go out the one on the left. As I'm walking out an older lady says, "Ahem. I thought this was the entrance" in a snotty voice. I looked at my husband and said "Ahem. People bitch about EVERYTHING, don't they?"

Comment

I might think something like that (what the other lady said) in my head, if there are clear exit and entrance signs. I'm not going to say anything, I mean, that's a good way to get punched. Especially at Malwart. But I am that person who does notice when people use the wrong doors, or those students who insist on walking against the flow of all the other people.

Anyways, the next time I see something like that I'll try to remind myself that that person could have a reason. Like my mom when we're following a car going 15 mph under the speed limit. She'll say "maybe they have a decorated cake in the back seat."
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
          I remember, one time at the movies, when it was over, I was still sitting as the audience was shuffling out (I'm one of those "weirdoes" who sit through the end credits every time), and some kid, walking by behind me, muttered loudly into both ears as he passed, [left] "The movie's OVER" [right] "It's DONE." Kind of ruefully funny in retrospect, but, seriously...fuck off. If I want to sit through the credits, what business is it of yours?
          "Go away, zitface!"

(cookies for the reference)
          Goofy music!
          Old tech junk!

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            I might think something like that (what the other lady said) in my head, if there are clear exit and entrance signs. I'm not going to say anything, I mean, that's a good way to get punched. Especially at Malwart. But I am that person who does notice when people use the wrong doors, or those students who insist on walking against the flow of all the other people.
            ."
            What's funny, is I agree with you. If there are specific entrance and exit points, I use the correct one and notice when someone goes against the flow. But if it's a free for all as to which door you use and none are labeled, I don't understand the people who get weird about it

Comment

We always watch the credits, too. I think they're interesting, and sometimes you might get to see an "extra" bit at the end
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                We always watch the credits, too
                Especially if it's a Marvel movie.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                  Especially if it's a Marvel movie.
                  Deadpool has a pretty hilarious Credit Cookie...and one that calls back to a famous one from the 80's.

Jeers to the parents hauling in a pair of under-eights to this STRENUOUSLY R-rated movie, though. The kids actually didn't make much noise at all, but just knowing they were there irritated me.
                  Last edited by Monterey Jack; 02-13-2016, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    We always watch the credits, too. I think they're interesting, and sometimes you might get to see an "extra" bit at the end
                    At another movie recently, I had one of the employees cleaning the theater during the credits tell me that there was no Credit Cookie, and thus there was no reason to stay through the credits. Since he wasn't saying it in an annoying or snotty way, I pleasantly informed him that I like sitting through movie credits, and he shrugged and continued his work.

Comment

Quoth April View Post
                      What's funny, is I agree with you. If there are specific entrance and exit points, I use the correct one and notice when someone goes against the flow.
                      I don't know about anyone else but our local Malwarts have the Entrance and Exit doors opposite the normal flow of traffic (you tend to walk on the right, but walking in the Entrance is on the left, and the Exit is on the right), so people often use the wrong one. I've never actually seen anyone make a big deal out of it, but I've never gotten in a traffic jam going in or out, either. Maybe I'm just lucky like that.
                      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                        At another movie recently, I had one of the employees cleaning the theater during the credits tell me that there was no Credit Cookie, and thus there was no reason to stay through the credits.
                        I like the credit cookies, but in reality I like to listen to the music in the end credits. The credit cookies are a plus.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth April View Post
                          Leaving Walmart one day, they have two sliding doors. One on the right, one on the left. I chose to go out the one on the left. As I'm walking out an older lady says, "Ahem. I thought this was the entrance" in a snotty voice. I looked at my husband and said "Ahem. People bitch about EVERYTHING, don't they?"
                          My 9-year-old recently "corrected" me on which door I was supposed to use at the Walmart entrance. I simply pointed out to her that while the doors did say "enter" and "do not enter" on them, the sensors were set up to open both doors from both sides, and since they slid open instead of swinging open, it really didn't matter. Especially since the doors are wide enough to allow foot traffic at least two carts wide through them, and I make sure not to block anyone coming the other way. Frankly, if they really wanted to prevent people from entering through a certain set of doors, they shouldn't allow them to open from that direction.

Like Aragarthiel mentioned, one of the two main entrances to our Walmart is set up opposite the "normal" flow of foot traffic. The "in" doors are on the outside relative to the store's center, the "out" doors on the inside. So while the grocery-side entrance in our store is set up so that you walk on the right, the homegoods-side entrance is set up so that you walk on the left, which throws a lot of people off.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            I like the credit cookies, but in reality I like to listen to the music in the end credits. The credit cookies are a plus.
                            That's exactly why I sit through credits...because I collect soundtrack albums, and I want to listen to the music. Even if the music sucks, though, I always sit through the credits unless I'm literally forced to leave by whoever I'm with (which always pisses me off ). A movie's not completely over in my mind until I see the MPAA rating thingy at the end of the credits.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                              Frankly, if they really wanted to prevent people from entering through a certain set of doors, they shouldn't allow them to open from that direction.
                              Our Entrance door used to not open from the inside (unless you knew where the sensor on the frame was), but the new door was installed backwards, so the sensor/camera that's supposed to point into the front apron is on the inside. Now it opens just as easily from both directions; the sensor works 'correctly' on the inside opening the door when someone is about a foot away, but a person on the outside has to walk right up to the door if they don't have a cart with them to trigger it. This also prevents the door from being easily 'pushed' out in an emergency (it can be done, but each time D does it to get a pallet jack through the doors it's a minimum five steps and thirty seconds of fiddling).
                              It's also an LP problem; if someone wants to exit quickly and avoid the SCO attendant all they have to do is circle around and go through the department--the florist display case blocks an attendant from seeing anyone going the 'wrong way' until it's too late.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                              X