This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slut!

This happened to me a couple of days ago when I was in Boots. I'm going to see my boyf Sunday night this week, and I'd run out of a certain rubber product. Anyway, I'm standing in the queue clutching 2 packets of said rubber product (they were on special offer!) and this middle aged woman behind me mutters, "Slut." In my hearing, and obviously meaning me to overhear! I turned round and said to her, "At least I'm a safe slut." She had the decency to look embarrassed and said nothing back, but I couldn't believe she was so rude! What business is it of hers, anyway?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Working at a hospital, some departments have uses for that rubber products that require them to buy in bulk at the last minute. I feel sorry for the girl who usually gets tasked with going to the store and buying all the ones on the shelf.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      In my hearing, and obviously meaning me to overhear! I turned round and said to her, "At least I'm a safe slut."
      I broke Rule #1 when I read that, my screen needs cleaning anyway. She doesn't have the right to make comments when one is buying things like that.
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Wow Lace - major kudos to you on that comeback. You go!

And yeah, what a cow. She had no right to comment on what you were buying, and I hope your words made her think about that.
        Me non rogo, hic modo laboro.

Comment

Also, having fun with your boyfriend doesn't make you a slut. That lady had no idea what was going on. She never would have made that comment to a guy. Also, how does she know the purpose you are gonna put them to? They also make a great poor mans blood pack for amatuer film makers.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

dont be too sure about that broomjockey
            if i was the kind to be vocal enough to say something like that, itd go for both sexes
            luckily even if i disapprove of something, as long as it doesnt affect me or others who dont want to be affected, i leave them alone about it

Comment

Good for you, Lace!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Who does that woman think she is?

If it had been me in that situation, and I could think of this quick enough, I'd say something along the lines of "Buying these makes me a slut, so I won't use them, and I'll look forward to YOU helping pay for me to raise the resulting children."
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

In the theatre class that does stage makeup, we needed KY. This is to prevent nose putty from sticking to fingers. Being a class full of young high schoolers, we all pitched in money for a giant tube, then drew straws for the person who'd have to go buy it.

I was the unlucky one.

:: hangs head ::

Jenni, the who tells totally pointless stories.
                SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

poor technical.angel. That must have been one wide-eye cashier that day.
                  I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I think I was... what, a very young looking 15 at the time...

Jenni
                    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

I used to have a doctor that liked to really load his patients up with the free samples the various companies would send his office. Every patient left his office with a little brown paper bag full of junk.

At the time I was 14 or 15 and still carrying a purse. I had shoved the bag into my purse and mostly forgotten about it until a friend of mine's hand swelled up and his rings were cutting off the circulation to his fingers. We tried ice and putting his hand under cold water but nothing helped.

So, I dug through my bag to see if I had any hand lotion or anything that might help slip the rings off and there in my sample bag was a little sample packet of KY Jelly. Of course it worked like a charm and saved him having to go and have his rings cut off- he was greatful.

I, however, caught Hell from my friends for weeks over having KY readily available in my bag.
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

Back when dinosaurs ruled the earth and I was a lad, the baby aspirin and Sudafed were on the shelf; the condoms were behind the counter. Took a bit of nerve to ask for them. Now the condoms are on the shelf, the baby aspirin and Sudafed are locked up.

Two 5-year-olds are hanging out. One says "I found a condom on the veranda!" The other says "What's a veranda?"
                        Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                        TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

One of my hobbies is model railroading. I found curiously enough that KY jelly works WONDERS for lubricating plastic gears. Also, it helps when you're trying to clean some surfaces. (fake water and such) since it doesn't smear everywhere and doesn't affect the paint.

That said, I've also found that "certain rubber products" also work great when trying to put glue in just the right places since most piping bags are too big. Just a tiny pin prick in the end and I can put the glue, paint, or whatever, where I want it.

Still, I've also learned, not to buy them both at the same time in large quanities.
                          Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                            That said, I've also found that "certain rubber products" also work great when trying to put glue in just the right places since most piping bags are too big. Just a tiny pin prick in the end and I can put the glue, paint, or whatever, where I want it.
                            Tiny prick, eh? *Ducks*

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
                              Back when dinosaurs ruled the earth and I was a lad, the baby aspirin and Sudafed were on the shelf; the condoms were behind the counter. Took a bit of nerve to ask for them. Now the condoms are on the shelf, the baby aspirin and Sudafed are locked up.
                              This one is from my dad..

Back in his early days in retail, the condoms were behind the counter as well. He said one of the pharmacy techs was especially hot, making it even more nerve wracking for some guys to ask for them.

Customer asks my dad if he can go to the pharmacy tech and get condoms for the customer. My dad told him something along the lines of "If you aren't a big enough boy to go ask for the condoms, maybe you aren't a big enough boy to use them".

Comment

Working...
                              X