This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my god. *short*

This isn't really a SUCKY customer, just something I want to vent about.

Dear Asswipe Lady:

Yes, you are in a hotel. Yes, you will sleep here tonight. You may even call this your home away from home for the next three days.

However, the LOBBY is NOT your own private room. The lampshades are not there for you to inspect. In fact, your mere presence in this room for the past HOUR baffles me.

There is one thing you MUST realize: MY TEXTBOOK is NOT YOUR PROPERTY. It is NOT HOTEL PROPERTY. It is MY PERSONAL PROPERTY.

Do not reach over the desk and pick it up.

Do not flip through it.

DO freaking NOT pick up my notebook and read through my midterm answers.

It is NONE of your business.

You have gone out of your way to look into my personal belongings. Therefore, I am going out of MY way to pray to whatever deity is out there that housekeeping finds you maimed in your room tomorrow.

Sincerely,
    Raydran At The Hotel You Think Is Way Too Overpriced

*seethes*

I have a HUGE issue with strangers touching my stuff. Can you tell?

Dude if someone took my personal stuff and started to go through it I would yank it back and tell them to never do that again. And if they do, get management involved. Never let someone go through your stuff without a fight.

Comment

I'd be pissed to. What a jerk!
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

oh I'd be pissed too... especialy sense I often do my homework on my laptop (ecel is a glorious program)... if someone goes for my laptop, I am paranoid enough to assume they mean to steal it and I will react accordingly!
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I can't stand when people touch and/or take my things without asking me. If that SC tries that again, yank it out of her hands.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I've had that happen on cruise ships.

After breakfast my husband goes back to our cabin for certain physical things he must do .

I choose to take out a crossword book and sit on the Lido deck with a cup of coffee until my body decides it's time to do You-Know-What. I can't tell you how often I've left my coffee and puzzles on the table when nature calls and return to find someone working a puzzle in my absence. The usurper in question may even be drinking my coffee and pocketing my nice pens.

Hand it over, Dude. You ain't gonna be getting away with that. {Tap Tap Tap of the delicately shod foot}
            Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Quoth LibraryLady View Post
              I've had that happen on cruise ships.

After breakfast my husband goes back to our cabin for certain physical things he must do .

I choose to take out a crossword book and sit on the Lido deck with a cup of coffee until my body decides it's time to do You-Know-What. I can't tell you how often I've left my coffee and puzzles on the table when nature calls and return to find someone working a puzzle in my absence. The usurper in question may even be drinking my coffee and pocketing my nice pens.

Hand it over, Dude. You ain't gonna be getting away with that. {Tap Tap Tap of the delicately shod foot}
              ive had that happen, you might get away with my coffee, not so much with my puzzles. but ill break thumbs for my pens. i have to supply my own writing implements. and when its almost $20 for the ones i use (most comfy pens ive ever written with) youre not walking away with them
              This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
              my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

I saw that as something slightly, but significantly, different when I read that the first time.

Yes, my mind is in the gutter.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I can't tell you how often I've left my coffee and puzzles on the table when nature calls and return to find someone working a puzzle in my absence. The usurper in question may even be drinking my coffee and pocketing my nice pens.
                  This is the point where iradney opens her big mouth and yells "GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY STUFF, THIEF! WHAT THE HELL, YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO FORK OUT XX BUCKS FOR YOUR OWN CROSSWORD BOOK????!!?"

Yes, I'm loud, and I hatehatehateHATE people like that. With the fire of a billion fiery suns.
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Why were you doing homework at work? I'm just asking - not saying you're in the wrong or anything, but I've never been allowed to bring "personal entertainment" on the job. (As if homework is somehow entertaining, right?)
                    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
                      Why were you doing homework at work? I'm just asking - not saying you're in the wrong or anything, but I've never been allowed to bring "personal entertainment" on the job. (As if homework is somehow entertaining, right?)
                      It's a good way to kill time when it's not busy. I used to do that when i was in school. Managers never said a word...then again, i don't think they ever caught me either.
                      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

As long as I look up every time the doors open and I don't sit AT the computer, but way back by the little counter on the side, I can do whatever I want. I even read Cosmopolitan magazines (ZOMG BLENDED ORGASM splashed on the cover) and the owner has looked straight at me and kept walking.

When there are guests in the lobby, I have to put everything down, stand up at the computer terminal, and wait til they leave in case they need something.

Remember, I'm in a small town. My hotel only has 66 rooms. Once those are checked in, I have lots of spare time on my hands.

Comment

If I had pens that I didn't want walking off or puzzels I wanted other working . . .I would make sure I had a way to take them with me when nature called unless I had someone in my group to watch my things.
                          As for the drinking of someone elses beverage or eating off their plate . . . I don't understand how someone could do that.
                          The lady in the loby touching your things. Did you mention to her that those are your things? Maybe even stretch to say confidential company information? Or employee only items? A loby can be considered a public area to guests . . .kinda like a waiting room. All the books and magazines are for anyone in the room.
                          Do you have your things behind the counter? If so then the woman was way out of line and some polite education would be in order. As in "Ma'am I am would like to inform you that you are in an employee only area. Since you are not an Employee I must insist you leave the area The other side of the counter all the way to the far wall is the lobby area for the public's use."

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                            Do you have your things behind the counter? If so then the woman was way out of line and some polite education would be in order. As in "Ma'am I am would like to inform you that you are in an employee only area. Since you are not an Employee I must insist you leave the area The other side of the counter all the way to the far wall is the lobby area for the public's use."
                            I had my stuff by the computer. She had to reach OVER the really high counter (that many hotels have at the front desk) to grab it. That's why I was so about it.

Comment

Then yes, I would be in shock.
                              Maybe you have the ability to make your guests feel so at home they forget about boundries?
                              I am sorry someone touched your belongings. It is obvious she overstepped her bounds as a guest.
                              Here is a virtual hug . . .which means you get a hug but in no way shape or form do I actually touch you or your belongings. (You don't know me yet and I am respecting your boundries )

Comment

Working...
                              X