This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our children are doomed!!!!

We got a fax today asking if we could gaither up some stuff, this is what the fax asked for;

1 Box of 8ft floorescent lights
    8- 4ft floorescent lights
    2 Boxes of Safety outlets covers
    1 Snake for drain
    6 tubes of cocking
    3 filters for air conditioner 28x14x1
    1 palet of cypus mulch
    This came from a Head start school.

And I would add, there are no 28x14 filters. Don't know if she misspelled the numbers or just can't read a tape measure. She did not say what kind or color of "cocking" she wanted and I am afraid to ask.

And I am really afraid to go look and see if we have any "cypus mulch".

I am afraid I might find some.

"First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
    . She did not say what kind or color of "cocking" she wanted and I am afraid to ask
    OMG a headstart?

Hide the children!

Comment

If she's hot, I'll give her some cocking.

/obligatorydickjoke

But for srs, maybe she's not that knowledgeable in builder's terms. She's a teacher/principal/whatever.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Nah, that doesn't mean the children are doomed! But it does help explain why a school local to me had to fill in the steps because students didn't know how to work them (despite being at a two story school prior) -- they kept on having injuries of students falling and tripping over them (what they're going to do at a two [or is it three] story high school I'll never know).

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
          And I would add, there are no 28x14 filters.
          Well, maybe not 28x14, but we just recently had to replace our own with 14x30, and while searching at Home Despot, I saw several 14x28 (along with lots of 14x26).

Comment

Cocking ... funny ... that's like the folks who call duct tape "duck tape".
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
              Cocking ... funny ... that's like the folks who call duct tape "duck tape".
              There's actually a BRAND of duct tape called 'Duck Tape'.

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
                Nah, that doesn't mean the children are doomed! But it does help explain why a school local to me had to fill in the steps because students didn't know how to work them (despite being at a two story school prior) -- they kept on having injuries of students falling and tripping over them (what they're going to do at a two [or is it three] story high school I'll never know).
                Err...wait...the kids were too dumb to use STAIRS?!

Comment

I love the cocking

yes I love the cocking....
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                    If she's hot, I'll give her some cocking.
                    Booooo!
                    Check out my cosplay social group!
                    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
                      they kept on having injuries of students falling and tripping over them (what they're going to do at a two [or is it three] story high school I'll never know).
                      Ok, then you just doomed my mother. Thanks so much pal. My mom has an amazing ability to Murphy's Law the steps- she *will* fall or hurt herself on them at the least convenient moment.

Other than that I must because kids falling on teh steps is kids being kids- they know how to use teh steps, you just have to slow them down so they see them instead of being exceited about PE, going home, talking a million miles an hour, or just find teh human remote control, point it at said child, and hit teh SLow Forward key.

I want that remote- it woudl have the Pause-Stimulate Brain key. Usueful for those moments when you can *see* a bad decision coming.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                        Err...wait...the kids were too dumb to use STAIRS?!

I found out tonight (yep, literally, talked to another person about it as it surprised me):
                        1) yep, students were injuring themselves somehow by using them
                        2) Sometimes it involved them carrying things (I can kind of grant them this... but we're not talking about "blocking your view" things)
                        3) The areas that had stairs sometimes had water damage from badly sealed windows -- so they filled it in to prevent a pool from forming (um... fix the windows maybe?).

So the stupid kids was apparently only part of it. "Fortunately" As now my faith in children, and school administrators just got shot down a notch.

Funny thing is, the person that updated me on it said "yeah I fell down the stairs a number of times" -- and it didn't surprise me one bit. Considering the stairs were by the drink coolers (new thing too), apparently the kids weren't paying attention when they got injured.

Just thought I'd update as well... it's not as bad as I was originally told/assumed!

Comment

Hate to spoil the.. um, fun, but the person in the OP was looking for a tube of caulk, used for caulking. In some places they don't pronounce the "L".
                          Weird, and saddening, but not necessarily Sucky. And hey, maybe the person is just Dyslexic, and can't spell but not for lack of trying.
                          "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Quoth Sharsarannon View Post
                            Weird, and saddening, but not necessarily Sucky. And hey, maybe the person is just Dyslexic, and can't spell but not for lack of trying.
                            I've moved the thread into "Brain Burps", because I agree there's no outright suck.

But it's still a funny story worth telling. We don't need to start conjecturing disabilities to explain away every stupid thing customers do.

I've never heard anyone pronounce the "L" in caulking. But I would still be greatly amused to see it misspelled as "cocking".

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

:giggling: "cocking"

Oh, biscuit.

Oh, and I know it wasn't meant personally, but I'm slightly offended that kids who fall/trip on stairs are being called stupid. I, myself, have a tendency to do the same.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X