This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait, did you just say I'M rude?

During my last few shifts I've had a personal record of rude, ignorant, and stupid customers. I finally got sick and tired of helping people who treated me like crap.
    I was walking towards the back storage room at my grocery store when I encountered this demon.....

SC: Hey Kid!
    Me: *ignore* (coming from like 20 feet behind me, I could barely hear him so I assumed it wasn't directed at me) *keeps walking*
    SC: Hey Guy!
    Me: *ignore* (once again I could barely hear him, so I once again assumed it wasn't at me)
    SC: HEY YOU F-IN (store name) WORKER!!!!!
    Me: *turns around* ..........Yes?
    SC: Do you take Visa here?
    Me: I don't know, let me find out. (I knew we did, but because this guy called me KID, GUY, and WORKER, I decided to waste his time)
    SC: Wait, how can you NOT know if you take effin Visa here? YOU WORK HERE!
    Me: I'm sorry, I've just never been asked before. I'll call the manager, it'll take 1 minute.

30 seconds later....

Me: I'm really sorry, but we don't take Visa here. (yea, I lied to him, but if he wants to swear and insult me, then he deserves it)
    SC: OMFG! (he actually said it, LOUDLY)
    Me: *begins smiling inside*
    SC: This place is a JOKE! Let me talk to your manager.
    Me: (oh crap.........I really thought I was screwed) The manager is really busy right now, and he's going to say exactly what I just told you.
    SC: ugh....whatever....Where's your salt?
    Me: *points* Down aisle 4 (it's actually aisle 9.....meh)
    SC: Thanks.........and thanks for ignoring me and wasting my time. You people here are so goddamn rude... *walks away*

This guy was the best combination of rude and ignorant I had ever seen. But wait, there's more! About 10 minutes later I was walking by the deli, and guess who was there picking on my friend. I'll call him Fred.

SC: No! I said I wanted THAT kind! (SC kept pointing at different things in the meat display....thing)
    Fred: Sir, you keep changing your mind.
    SC: No, you keep taking out the wrong thing!
    Fred: I'm sorry, what did you want again?
    SC: I want some turkey!
    Fred: Alright, how much?
    SC: Just give me some turkey, you've wasted enough of my time.
    Fred: Okay.......here you go.
    SC: *pulls out wallet*
    Fred: Sorry, you'll have to pay for it at the front of the store. (just like most other grocery stores...)
    SC: WHAT!? But the lines there are HUGE!
    Fred: We don't have a cash register here, you'll have to pay up front.
    SC: You know what, forget it! *throws turkey on counter and storms off*

So this guy was rude and ignorant as well as stupid and annoying. Here's the kicker.. I saw him a bit later at a cash register paying. So you don't buy the turkey because you have to pay for it up front, yet you pay for a bunch of other stuff anyway? Okayyyyy then....

I probably shouldn't have lied to him, but I don't take crap like that lightly. I even told my supervisor what happened and she shook her head in disbelief. Hopefully I never see him again :P

I can't think of anyplace that accepts credit cards and doesn't take Visa. That and Mastercard are the two biggest credit card companies.

That's the risk you take when lying to get an SC out of your face--they could ask somebody else and your lie can be exposed. At least that didn't end up happening.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

yea I probably shouldn't have lied to the guy, but an employee can only take so much torture from customers before breaking.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        I can't think of anyplace that accepts credit cards and doesn't take Visa.
        SAMS Club's don't do they?

Comment

Quoth chop92 View Post
          yea I probably shouldn't have lied to the guy, but an employee can only take so much torture from customers before breaking.
          Just be careful with the easily verified stuff next time, that's all.

Comment

Okay... you lied to the guy, twice. Well, that *was* rude... plus, you blew him off when he asked for a manager to prevent getting into trouble.

The guy approached you very rudely, yes. But you responded at EXACTLY his level.

Think of it this way... if he HAD gone to your manager and you had gotten into trouble, who do you think your manager would be inclined to side with in any future complaints? That would have put him in an awkward spot, because he'd know that you'd acted rudely with customers in the past.
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
              Okay... you lied to the guy, twice. Well, that *was* rude... plus, you blew him off when he asked for a manager to prevent getting into trouble.

The guy approached you very rudely, yes. But you responded at EXACTLY his level.

Think of it this way... if he HAD gone to your manager and you had gotten into trouble, who do you think your manager would be inclined to side with in any future complaints? That would have put him in an awkward spot, because he'd know that you'd acted rudely with customers in the past.
              Ehhhh.. yea.. ok I suppose that's true. But.. the OP is only human. I can safely say that if I was ever addressed by an SC with : "Hey you! F'N <comapny> worker!" I know I would have done something similar to what he did, if not worse. Not condoning it, just saying there are certain things just not worth taking from an SC.
              I will never go to school!

Comment

People deserve to be treated like they treat others.
                It wasn't a smart move to lie to that guy, but I sure as hell enjoyed the story. Good work.
                Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I think that lying about the Visa as good revenge, but only because you didn't get caught. I agree that it would have put your manager in a sticky spot in the future.

Also, I've worked at places that don't take any credit cards except Visa. I don't know why.
                  Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                  Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                    I think that lying about the Visa as good revenge, but only because you didn't get caught. I agree that it would have put your manager in a sticky spot in the future.

An easy way out of that would be to say "Oops.. I thought he said AMex. My bad." I don't think anywhere in the Western Hemisphere takes AMex anymore.
                    I will never go to school!

Comment

SAMS Club's don't do they?
                      no they don't. they'll take debit tho.

Comment

I'm seeing comments about the OP's behaviour (and not very nice ones at that), but not so much about the SC's. If you're going to comment on his behaviour, keep it polite, or better yet, ignore it, and comment about the SC's behaviour. The OP already knew he didn't handle it correctly.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

That an asshat! And kudos to the OP for realizing he was in the wrong too.
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Yeeeah, fair enough. That SC was a freaking jerk.

I'm still trying to work out what kind of background you would need to develop a self-righteous attitude to that degree.

Has he never been employed? Or, heaven forbid, is he a manager somewhere?
                            If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

Now now children.

Anyway I once heard someone say, "You act like an asshole and people treat you like one, don't be surprised."

If you wanna be a complete cock-smoker to anyone, whether it be a store worker or a stranger on the street, expect to get the same back.

If you think that's bad I got a buddy that was a reserve deputy and even cops have their own ways of dealing with assholes they detain. Pull 'em over and they give you shit??? Aaaaaah that's impeding, a misdemeanor. Committing a misdemeanor is probable cause to have your car searched. Time for a "little" looky-looky, as in, take ALL you shit and throw it all around and leave YOU to pick up the aftermath.

Oh and don't EVEN get a cop started on those "attitude tickets"!

Did someone say, "Karma"???

Comment

Working...
                              X