This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGAIN...SC's are being arrested

This is the THIRD group in less than 2 weeks.

They were a very trashy family. Mother, father, another couple and a two year old kid. They had meal, and were continuing to drink. But we're only allowed to have children in the bar until 8pm. At 7:45 I went over to them and explained that to them.

Mother: Oh! No problem! We'll just finish up and go.

Like I said, they were ROUGH, I was suprised they reacted so well.

Half an hour later...they are still there...and they are still drinking. I go over and remind them.

Mother: Don't worry, we'll be gone in five minutes!

Half an hour (and three more reminders) later, they were STILL there. I informed all the bar staff they were not to be served anymore alcohol. I went over again...but this time the child was gone.

Mother: I called my dad and he came to pick my kid up. That's why he was here so long...I was waiting for my dad to pick him up!

I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but also informed them that I believed they had had too much to drink, and that I wanted them to finish their drinks and leave. I turned around to walk away...

...and I nearly knocked over their kid.

Me: I thought you said your dad had picked him up!

They all burst out laughing.

Me: Right...that's it. You've got two minutes. If you are not out of here in two minutes, I call the police.
    Mother: WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAATTT?!?!?! YOU CAN'T HAVE US ARRESTED! WE HAVE A CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILD!!
    Father: THIS CHILD IS MY SON!! DO YOU THINK HE WANTS TO SEE HIS DAD ARRESTED?!?!
    Me: Well GET...OUT...and he won't have to see that.

They burst out laughing. I went to walk away...

...two police officers were stood at the end of the bar.

PO: A concerned customer called us regarding a child being left outside whilst this parents got drunk.
    Me:

It was FREEZING outside. They had sent their TWO YEAR OLD outside so they could stay and drink. I nearly cried.

Me: They're over there.

Unfortunately, I don't know the outcome of this story. The police went over, listened to the two parents shout and scream and proceeded to cuff them. Their two friends ran out of a fire escape. The police basically arrested the two parents, took the child, and placed them into the back of the van.

The police didn't say anything to me other than "We'll take care of them"

This story makes me sad that anyone would treat their kid like that. I mean, the standing outside bit, though keeping the kid in so long after they were told no kids after 8 makes them SCs, the other, just piss-poor parents.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Well, this thread brings back some interesting memories...

<sigh> I feel for the kid, I really really do, and I can only hope that the police DO, in fact, take care of the little tyke. And that the parents get more than just a slap on the wrist.

Oh, what a world, right?

And customersruinmylife, what's going on over there?!! 3 arrests in less than 2 weeks?? Mayhaps there's some odd planetary alignment going on right now or something, but wow...

Comment

That's horrible. If they come in again, I would refuse to serve them at all.

Comment

Quoth mandaliz8704 View Post
          That's horrible. If they come in again, I would refuse to serve them at all.
          None of the staff recognised the parents, so we're hoping it was their first and last visit, but I recognised one of the friends. Unfortunately my last shift is tomorrow, so I probably won't get a chance to give him a piece of my mind.

Comment

~blink blink~ Your last shift is tomorrow? Have I been hiding under a rock? Sorry to hear your leaving the pub I know you were having some issues before, so I wish you well.

And what strikes me funny is WHY there's been 3 arrests in two weeks. When I think bar/pub and mix in arrests, I assume it involves fist fights. But nooooo, you get the extra-special-with-sprinkles-on-top customers that think the world owes them something. And they break the law in extra special (ie: really silly and lame) ways. Ah, the stupidity.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Drunk in charge of an Under 5y/o...

Can't say I've ever heard anyone being arrested for it before but hey, whatever works!
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

So what were the other arrests for? I am sure you posted them here, but I must have missed those threads.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  ~blink blink~ Your last shift is tomorrow? Have I been hiding under a rock?
                  Putting it as nicely as possible, yes.

Quit notice - http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=41741
                  First incident - http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=41747
                  Second incident - http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=41987

Enjoy!
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

By any chance are you from Portland and the woman arrested named Mandy?

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                      The police didn't say anything to me other than "We'll take care of them"
                      That part gives me some faith in humanity.

Rapscallion

Comment

Father: THIS CHILD IS MY SON!! DO YOU THINK HE WANTS TO SEE HIS DAD ARRESTED?!?!
                        Something he should have fucking considered BEFORE dragging junior to a bar and leaving him unattended.

But like all SC's ... it's not HIS fault his actions endangered his child.. it's EVERYONE ELSE'S fault for calling the cops on his sorry ass.

Seriously some people don't deserve kids, not if their booze is more important than being responsible for their dependents.

fucking idiots. both of them!

Comment

Working...
                        X