This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geez...

I was on lunch break yesterday and was looking through the Valentines selection. I bent over to take a look at a very cute stuffed bear, when I was slammed in the ass with a cart. It hit me so hard I was knocked to my hands and knees. I hopped up and turned around to find a very miserable looking woman scowling at me.

SC: That should teach you for being in peoples way.
    Me: Excuse me?
    SC: You work here right? *gestures to my uniform*
    Me: Yeah, and you just hit me with your cart.
    SC: Isn't there some kind of rule that you people can't shop with the customers?
    Me: You can't be serious.
    SC: It's busy enough in this store with out all of you shopping to.
    Me: Well, you're the one who decided to come into the store even though the parking lot was full.
    SC: *Huffs and walks away*

I mean seriously, do these SC's think we are some how not as much as a human being as them because we work in retail?
    Last edited by reirei; 02-09-2009, 02:43 PM. Reason: I cannot spell.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid customers.

"Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience." - George Washington

geezums. you alright?

Comment

No one put a gun to her head and forced her to shop there. You had a genuine point. A full parking lot usually signifies that it IS busy.

I just don't believe someone would be so upset by an employee browsing that they'd take a cart and literally ram it into them so hard that they fell over....

Good lord, that woman is overdue for a house to fall on her pretty soon.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Reirei, please tell me you filed assault charges against this asshat!
        Last edited by Dytchdoctir; 02-09-2009, 02:31 PM. Reason: appearance

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          No one put a gun to her head and forced her to shop there. You had a genuine point. A full parking lot usually signifies that it IS busy.

I just don't believe someone would be so upset by an employee browsing that they'd take a cart and literally ram it into them so hard that they fell over....

Good lord, that woman is overdue for a house to fall on her pretty soon.
          People get pissy at associates for eating lunch in the Duncan donuts in front of the store when it's busy too. It is insane. I just think she was in a bad mood and it is easier to take it out on me a stranger who technically can't fight back for fear of loosing thier job.

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post

It was more annoying than painful, and even if I were hurt, my store doesn't really have the best history of backing associates in that type of thing, so I wouldn't even bother.
          Last edited by reirei; 02-09-2009, 02:42 PM.
          There are no stupid questions, just stupid customers.

"Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience." - George Washington

Comment

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post

Seconded. At the VERY least she should be banned.
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

if that were me that woman would have found herself being slapped round the head with the cart
              We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

Quoth reirei View Post
                I mean seriously, do these SC's think we are some how not as much as a human being as them because we work in retail?
                Short answer: Yes. They do.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

And you know if you had been the one to knock her down with the cart, she probably would have tried to file police charges and get you fired and sue your store for millions...
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth reirei View Post
                    It was more annoying than painful, and even if I were hurt, my store doesn't really have the best history of backing associates in that type of thing, so I wouldn't even bother.
                    Doesn't matter. Call the police from home and make a report. The police can ask the store for any videotapes. It is not for your management to make decisions on criminal behavior.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

What a miserable bitch! This is why I hide my work clothes with a jacket and take off my badge when I shop on my breaks, other than the fact that angry customers mistake It for a bullseye, it somtimes prevents the "Do you work here?, and "can you help me's". Notice, that I said sometimes.

Comment

dayu..er...darn! and reirei works in a pharmacy! What was it that she needed so badly that required a shopping cart on a busy day?? I'll use a shopping cart at a grocery store, or Wally World, but not at CVS or Walgreens! I'm usually in there for very limited, and specialized, shopping!
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth reirei View Post
                          SC: That should teach you for being in peoples way.
                          *grabs end of cart and pushes it back so it throws the woman down*
                          And that should teach you to look where you're going.

Lately customers have become way more ravenous when it comes to biting the hand that feeds you.
                          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth reirei View Post
                            SC: You work here right? *gestures to my uniform*
                            RW: No, ASSWIPE, I do NOT work here! I'm in *insert description of uniform* because that's what I fucking chose to wear today! Don't like it, FUCK OFF!

Aside from the "asswipe" part, I've said that to some hickabilly asshole in Wal-Mart. I called him a jerkoff (it was in my pre-cussing days, and when I got home I had to shower because for some reason I felt, well, dirty after saying "fuck". I have since learned to use it "properly").
                            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Me: Excuse me?
                              better than what'd I'd be saying right off the bat.

i'd prolly be saying, "WTF!!!" ... and ... just Grrrrrrrrr.
                              ... females (and i'm thinking something very nastier right now) like that don't have a right to be shopping. they deserve being booted out to the street until they can behave properly in public!

Comment

Working...
                              X